Forum Member

Default Building Inspections

My department is in the process of hiring someone to do building inspections. I was wondering what software everyone used and recommended for this. Or if anyone has any sample inspection forms that they use. Thanks.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

We do not use any software programs to keep track of our inspections. We keep a file on each property that is inspected. We use an inspection check sheet based on the applicable code for each of the occupancies.

Forum Member

FF41230,

Can you provide a little more information? For example, is this inspector doing fire safety inspection on existing buildings only or both new construction and existing? Will this inspector do plan reviews? What code edition are you enforcing?

I may be able to help you with structuring this program. I just need a little more information before I start providing information about our program, and suggested software programs. Feel free to email me.

sgallagher@bethlehemtwp.com

Forum Member

Just wondering is the job going to be filled from within your department. The reson I am asking is am from Kentucky and have been wanting to go into this full time. Also pm me and I can get you some info on how to set this up. I used to work for a department and we had to go through the process to get up and running. Thanks

Forum Member

The inspector will be doing it on both new and existing. Dont know which code edition we are going to enforce yet. Whichever is most recent that everyone is using. I believe we are going to go with the standard one that the KY fire marshalls office uses. This person will also be doing some other code enforcement for the city relating to nuisance ordinances and other things.

Yes this will be filled from in house.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Forum Member

Also firemedic1911 I tried to send you a pm but it says something about you not selecting to accept emails.

Thread Information