Forum Member

Talking ...

wrong forum area
    Last edited by charlie82; 06-26-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Forum Member

Yea it is a lot of a fun even going lights and sirens to false alarms just wait till you actually go to something real whether it be a fire or mva.

Just remember as fun as it is, you need to ride the truck with the mindset that you are going to a possible working fire or serious MVA even if it is just for false a alarm.

Forum Member

woops wrong forums should be posted in junior forums. My bad.

MembersZone Subscriber

My first call was about a month ago. Well it was my first one at a new dept where I was first to respond. My other has the career guys there first and I'm paged as back up. It was a motorcycle fatality. I was on the engine so I just went for scene lighting for the police investigation since it was a hit-and-run. Pretty exciting for the first half hour. However that next 5 1/2 hours we sat there and did nothing at all. Like Mihlrod said, even false alarms or other small things are exciting when you're new. We staffed another cities station for mutual aid in the middle of the night last week. Everyone else was ****ed off they were missing sleep and i was bouncing off the walls. I'll take any action I can get. haha Just taking the ride in that engine is worth it to me.

Forum Member

i remember my first call a few months ago. it was for a residential CO2 alarm at 3 in the morning. we searched the house and tracked the CO2 to the garage, and thought the worst, so we checked the car, but there wasnt anyone in it and no keys in the ignition. all of the sudden the car started up and scared the crap out of all of us, especially since we were half asleep. ended up the guy had a faulty remote starter.
    Cypress Creek Volunteer Fire Department - Station 24

My Underwater and Nature Photography at:

http://www.justinunderwater.com

Forum Member

I just got my first call last week Tuesday for a MVA w/ possible entrapment. I made the 3rd truck out and got canceled halfway to the scene but none the less going lights and sirens is awesome. Then got paged out for a EMS manpower lift assist and even going lights and sirens through my town at one thirty in the morning was awesome. Can't wait till I get something awesome.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by proby77 View Post
    I just got my first call last week Tuesday for a MVA w/ possible entrapment. I made the 3rd truck out and got canceled halfway to the scene but none the less going lights and sirens is awesome. Then got paged out for a EMS manpower lift assist and even going lights and sirens through my town at one thirty in the morning was awesome. Can't wait till I get something awesome.
    Is there a good reason to use lights and siren at 0130 to go and pick someone up.
    Last edited by malana1; 06-30-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by malana1 View Post
    Is there a good reason to use lights and siren at 0130 to go and pick someone up.
    Yeah, I thought emergency equipment was only to be used during an actual emergency response.

Thread Information