Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Comprehensive driver program..?

In a recent change of Insurance companys in my Department, the new Company wants us to establish a comprehensive driver program. Examples of inclusions are: seat belt use, training, certification & recertification requirements... Might anybody out there have a written program I may use as a template? We address some of the issues in our SOG's, but the Insurance Company wants a detailed program to be initiated... Thanks in advance!

bwebster@nycap.rr.com

Thumbs up driver training program

Check the V.F.I.S. website . They have a complete driver training program with all materials from the pretest to the road course design. They have been a great resource.

Yes, VFIS is a good resource for the training materials, but what I need is the backgroung policy manual that will direct the firefighters that they must wear seatbelts, get trained (where I connect to VFIS and NYS driver training programs) and how often they recertify. Also, needs to address not driving under influence, and what happens if driver has one class 1 or 2 class 2 convictions... These are some of the target reccomendations that the Insurance Company want to see in our 'comprehensive program' manual. On a side note, it will help me next year when submitting for the AFG for a vehicle (since they now require that you have a comprehensive driver program in place...) Thanks...

Forum Member

V.F.I.S is a great resource, but they may only give out their training materials to departments that are insured by them... I don't k now if they"sell" their program...

Also the National Fire Academy has lots of free resources that may help you. The U.S. Fire Administrations has a website that may help some....

www.nvfc.org/evsp/index.html

Also check with your state fire marshal office... In North Carolina, there is a Driver/Operator Certification and the state sponsors and helps providing the information and training....

Just a few suggestions...
    Last edited by medic27205; 06-30-2007 at 12:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you contacted your new insurance company that is wanting this? They may be willing to help you set something like this up. Not sure how involved your company would get.....but it might be worth a shot!

Thread Information