Forum Member

Default Support the troops, this is an easy way!

US Marine Colonel Simcock, the commander of USMC Regimental Combat Team 6 in Iraq, is asking for 6,000 positive emails to his Marines.

That's one email for each Marine in his RCT command. COL Simcock is concerned about the effect of the negative barrage that those Marines are getting through the electronic media. I've attached an excerpt from an interview with him. So far, they've only mustered 2,000 emails. That's a crying shame compared to the amount of crap I get daily in email.

Here's the address:

RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

All you have to do is click on the address and send a couple of lines of support!

I have worked with Rich Simcock and trained with him for the Marine Corps Marathon in 2005, he was the Marine Corps liaison to the U.S. House of Representatives until he got his assignment to lead the regiment in Iraq, a post he is definitely made for. You look at him and just know he is a Marine's Marine!

Here he is giving an award to one of his young Devil Dogs!

Semper Fi!
    Dennis
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 06-29-2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the post Dennis. Each and every one of them deserves our unwavering support. God Bless them all.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    Thanks for the post Dennis. Each and every one of them deserves our unwavering support.
    Hence we should all be working to get them out of somebody elses' war and bring them home.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Message sent.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Hence we should all be working to get them out of somebody elses' war and bring them home.
    I knew it wouldn't take long.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I knew it wouldn't take long.
    I'm staying out of this one.

We all remember what happened last time.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    Thanks for the post Dennis. Each and every one of them deserves our unwavering support. God Bless them all.

At least you guys aren't having things like this go on:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...72305-sun.html

http://torontosun.com/News/TorontoAn...93606-sun.html

Makes the City of Toronto look real good.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Add one more e-mail to the list. Thanks for posting the info.

Matt

Banned

I had a whole bunch of things I could have said, but I won't disrespect our troops like that.

Email sent.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Yea, this is a good cause for sure!

Another good site for those of you that have family over seas's in the armed services, check out this site that allows you to type out a letter that is printed and sent to them for free.

www.motomail.us

the 4-1-4

It never takes long for a donkey to say something dumb.

MembersZone Subscriber

some people will just never get it.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    It never takes long for a donkey to say something dumb.
    Really? Would you care to offer your wisdom about any better way to support the troops than to bring them home?

Sending them encouraging emails is all well and good but it isn't a solution.

MembersZone Subscriber

Email sent

the 4-1-4

Really? Would you care to offer your wisdom about any better way to support the troops than to bring them home?

How about you think of someone beside yourself? How about, when a good, positive, potentially morale improving idea comes along, you put your politics aside and just send an e-mail or two telling those Marines how much you and your family appreciate what they are doing. Tell them you have no idea what it is like to only get one shower a week, or sleep in the sand, or to even take fire from someone who wants to kill you, but that you support them 100%.
    Or is this whole lefty 'support the troops, but not the war' a bunch of BS?

Keep your politics out of the troops way. You don't like or support what they are doing, write your representatives at all levels of government. You didn't have to spout off in this thread. This isn't a political thread, it was purely something for the troops. Or, is that too much to ask for?

Forum Member

How about you think of someone beside yourself?
    You mean like our troops? That was the point, I am thinking about them and bringing them home in one piece is the best outcome for them I can imagine.

How about, when a good, positive, potentially morale improving idea comes along, you put your politics aside and just send an e-mail...
    Did I say anything against sending an email? No, I did not. What I suggested was that, if we really care about our troops, we might do a little bit more than just send emails.

Keep your politics out of the troops way.
    My "politics" aren't in the troops way at all.

You don't like or support what they are doing, write your representatives at all levels of government.
    What makes you think that I haven't?

You didn't have to spout off in this thread. This isn't a political thread, it was purely something for the troops.
    "Something for the troops" is precisely what I suggested. No political agenda, just a suggestion that was (and still is) entirely on topic.

As I said once already:

Forum Member

Deputy Marshal ..Your opinion is such that it is probably true of all of the wars this nation has fought. I do agree with you on one point bring the troops home so we can send via air mail a few ICBM's to the middle east for a modified attitude adjustment.

FTM PTB RFB
    Box 8087

MembersZone Subscriber

Not going to ruin the spirit of this thread with politics. You're entitled to your opinion. I believe fighting the war on terror is the right thing to do. We don't agree, oh well. That said I will continue to show support by emailing, offering to buy a dinner, giving away ball game or Broadway play tickets to those who serve and visit NYC. There should be a bunch sailing in this week and I hope to do may share to make them feel welcome. I offer words of encouragement and thanks for all that they do.

I will not compare our troops to Nazis like Dick Durbin. I will not like Ted Kennedy say that Abu Ghraib is now open under new management, comparing our running of Abu Ghraib to Saddam Hussein.

When one says that we've lost the war in Iraq, what are you doing? This statememt is encouraging the troops.

When you run around like the Jackass Rangel and impugn the integrity and the intelligence of enlisted personnel by saying, Ah, they come from the wrong side of the tracks. That's the only place they can go to get an education. That's the only place they can go to have a future. They don't really even want to be in the military. Is this supporting the troops?

Since I support the War on Terror I feel obliged to stick to my form encouragement. Its the very least I can do.

Semper FI Dennis. Thanks again for the post.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 07-02-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Truckie

What is the solution-run away with our tail between our legs and let every radical nut know we have absolutely no resolve to stand up for anything?
    Thank God there was better men in our Government to guide us through WW2, because honestly, I don't think the likes of which we have there now can even come close to the moxy they possessed then.
    I support the war on terror.
    I support our troops with out any reserve of their duty or what they are doing.
    I also support taking the war to their backyard-because history proves there is no good defense to terrorist attacks. It takes a good offense to kill the snake at the head, period.
    Thanks Dennis.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Banned

Given the events of the last weekend it is obvious we need to continue our efforts to fight terrorism. You don't have to be an Einstein to know where these terrorist are coming from either. It sickens me to see people forgetting all about 9-11 so quickly. Our troops signed up to do a job. They knew what that job was when the signed up. The military gives you the option to get out within 180 days with no penalty. Let them do their jobs and support them in the performance of that job.

Forum Member

I have my views on the war in Iraq, as I'm sure everyone else here does. I may or may not agree with the way things are headed right now, but for purposes of this thread, it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that those young men and women over there right now are away from their country, their home, their families, and their friends. They should be given the support they deserve by their fellow countryman, and the respect they have earned for being brave enough to stand up. If you would like, send a kind word or two to the people that chose to defend us, if you don't want to, don't. But stop the silly bickering and BS. In the time it just took you to read this, you could have already sent a kind, supportive, and encouraging message to those that defend us, if anything, just to show them that somebody gives a damn!.

Remember those young men and women that are away from everything they know and love while you are at that fireworks show, or that backyard barbeque this week. Remember that what they are doing, and what they have done in the past is what allows us to sit back, relax, and celebrate our independence.

Forum Member

Message Sent.

God Bless them all.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Who ever said that the troops wanted to come home? This is a volunteer military. Everyone that is over here joined their respective branch knowing that they would end up serving in Iraq. Yes this place sucks and yes it's dangerous, but we started something over here and we need to see it through. If we leave now then we would be letting down all the fallen troops that died for this cause.

Thread Information