Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Please be Careful, SteveDude

Steve, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the other FF in London. Please be safe. Please also give my thoughts and prayers to our friend, Peter.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw it on the news.

May your guardian angel be working overtime SteveDude and the rest of the brigade!
    Be very very careful.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Thanks Very much Guys... But the same to you. These muderous ****s tried to Bomb Glasgow Airport this afternoon...it isn't just London and it may not just be the UK. I can't say anything, but there are talks going on at an International level from a Fire Service perspective.

Lets all be careful out there gang.
    Steve
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Stay safe. It's hard to tell what the situation is going to be like in the next few days.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Ditto from me ! Stay safe and god speed !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Good thing's happening

anybody else have a eerie feeling about something ? Cause i know i do

Rob

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    anybody else have a eerie feeling about something ? Cause i know i do

Rob
    I think the terrorists may be testing the waters with Britains new PM Brown. Maybe they want to make a strong first impression. I don't think it is irrational to suspect that with our Independence celebrations coming up, that we here in the U.S. should be more alert than usual. I still plan on spending time with the family.

I'm trying to stick to British media reports because our 3 major news networks keep flipping back to more important Hollywood gossip.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Steve,

I'm wishing you and all the other BROTHER/SISTER FF's in London all the best in this difficult time in this dangerous world we all live in.

AZFF

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Keep your heads down guys, and stay safe.

Tommorrow is Canada Day, and with US 4th only a few days away, I think we are holding our collective breaths over here.

Forum Member

Wishing everyone the best over this next week, especially SteveDude. Stay Safe...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber KevinFFVFD's Avatar

You know it’s really sad, were celebrating our independence day but having to worry about a terrorist attack. Seems kind of *** backwards to me.

Banned

Perhaps we need to go after the terrorist a bit more aggressively. Although, they aren't the well-oiled machine they used to be. Now it seems there are just a few rogue cells out there working independently. Does anyone know who these terrorist are? Does anyone know what their beef is?

My prayers are also with my Brothers and Sisters across the pond.

Stay safe you guys!
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

U.K. police detonate car outside Scottish hospital
    01/07/2007 11:44:36 AM
    Printer-friendly page

Police conducted a controlled explosion on a car found outside a Scottish hospital treating one of the terror suspects connected with Saturday's airport attack and two foiled car-bomb plots in London's west end.

Armed police officers patrol in Whitehall, central London, Sunday, July 1, 2007. Britain has moved to the highest level of terror alert, 'critical', after two car bombs were defused in the capital on Friday, and a suspected terrorist attack on Glasgow airport on Saturday. (AP Photo / Simon Dawson)
    Armed police officers patrol in Whitehall, central London, Sunday, July 1, 2007. Britain has moved to the highest level of terror alert, 'critical', after two car bombs were defused in the capital on Friday, and a suspected terrorist attack on Glasgow airport on Saturday. (AP Photo / Simon Dawson)

Police believed the vehicle was somehow connected to Saturday's attack on Glasgow airport but authorities said the bomb squad at Royal Alexandra Hospital did not find explosives.

Also on Sunday, police arrested a fifth suspect after searching a number of homes near the airport.

Four suspects were in police custody Sunday and a fifth man, who was in critical condition, remained under guard in a hospital.

Scotland's Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill said Sunday the perpetrators were not "born and bred here,'' effectively putting to rest any speculation that the attacks were a home-grown terror plot.

Sunday's police search took place about 11 kilometres from central Glasgow, approximately 1.5 kilometres from the Scottish airport.

"We can confirm as part of the ongoing inquiry into the incidents in Glasgow airport and London, a number of houses in the Renfrewshire area are being searched," police said in a brief statement regarding the search.

In central England, authorities also raided several buildings in the town of Newcastle-Under-Lyme, about 65 kilometres from Manchester.

The U.K. remained at its highest terrorist alert on Sunday.

Heavily armed anti-terrorist police arrested a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman on a highway in Cheshire, a county located in northern England, on Saturday in connection with the Glasgow attack and the London plot.

Witnesses at the airport said two men drove their burning Jeep Cherokee at full speed through security barriers and into the glass doors at the entrance of the terminal.

Both men, one of them on fire, then exited the vehicle, say witnesses.

On Friday, two abandoned cars packed with explosives were found in central London.

Investigators say there are connections between the two attacks, which could have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people.

"There are very similar features to both incidents, and through that we have linked the two," Strathclyde Police Chief Constable Willie Rae told a press conference.

Police and security officials said all three vehicles had carried large amounts of flammable materials -- including gasoline and gas cylinders.

The recent terrorist threat has raised fears that the type of car bomb attack that has become commonplace in Iraq has now reached European shores.

In a column in Sunday's News of the World newspaper, Lord Stevens, Brown's new terrorism adviser, said, "This weekend's bomb attacks signal a major escalation in the war being waged on us by Islamic terrorists."

"This week's terrorists used the same technology, the same bomb-making techniques, the same operating methods as their brothers-in-arms in both Baghdad and Bali," Indonesia, he said.

On Sunday, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown remained defiant during a nationally televised interview on the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Brown said it is "clear that we are dealing, in general terms, with people who are associated with al Qaida."

The newly appointed prime minister urged the people of Britain to be 'vigilant' and support the police and security services.

"I know that the British people will stand together, united, resolute and strong," Brown said during the televised address.

"We will not yield, we will not be intimidated, and we will not allow anyone to undermine our British way of life."

He also said, "Everything is being done in our power ... to protect people's lives."

With files from the Associated Press
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Keep safe over there Steve and any others from across the pond
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Stay safe over there!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Perhaps we need to go after the terrorist a bit more aggressively. Although, they aren't the well-oiled machine they used to be. Now it seems there are just a few rogue cells out there working independently. Does anyone know who these terrorist are? Does anyone know what their beef is?
    First of all,Sunbeam--are you real?

In answer to your question"Does anyone know who these terrorist are?"

They know they are "Ragheads"-if they knew exactly who they are i.e Mustafa Camelrider -3 Baghdad Terrace-be assured a nice little hit team from the SAS would call and give the signing off signal--a Double Tap.

I think also "their beef is"(but it is only a suspicion mind you) that they do not like Americans and their allies.Might just be Desert Storm and that invasion?
    Its just like the nice IRA terrorist group that was bombing London in the 70's.

Steve-from a fellow Londoner ,take care,be lucky--"Harry"
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Steve Dude- Thinking of you too. Stay safe!

-Bou

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

And Martin and Marts too!

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

I don't know how I got to be posting the updates here instead of on Steve's original London Bomb thread .... oops.

Police arrest 2 more suspects in bomb probes

2 of 7 in custody are believed to be doctors; Britain remains at highest alert

British police officers guard a house in Newcastle-under-Lyme, central England, Monday, following the arrests of two people in a car on the M6 motorway in Cheshire on Sunday morning.

View related photos
    Paul Ellis / AFP - Getty Images

Video: U.K. on high alert

Terror arrests in the U.K.

July 2: Police arrest five people in connection with a string of terror incidents in Scotland and London. NBC's Lester Holt reports.
    NBC World Blog

NBC News and news services
    Updated: 2 hours, 17 minutes ago

GLASGOW, Scotland - Police said Monday they had arrested two more men as suspects in the car bomb attack on Glasgow airport as details emerged that authorities had been close on the trail of the suspects, one of whom may have been a local doctor.

Rental agent Daniel Gardiner, whose company leased a Glasgow-area home searched by police, said authorities contacted his firm just ahead of Saturday's airport attack.

Strathclyde police said two men, ages 25 and 28, had been detained under the Prevention of Terrorism Act, correcting an earlier report one suspect was 20 years old.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

"This continues to be a fast-moving investigation and I am grateful to the public for their perseverance and support during these difficult times," Assistant Chief Constable John Malcolm said.

Large amounts of evidence
    Meanwhile, British police were sifting through large amounts of evidence from the vehicles and from video surveillance of the scenes where two car bombs failed to explode in central London on Friday and two men rammed a Jeep Cherokee into the Glasgow airport's entrance the following day.

Police have arrested five other suspects while conducting raids across a country on its highest level of alert and are searching for others. None of them have been identified, but British officials have said they are hunting for what they called an al-Qaida-linked network behind the three attempted terrorist attacks.

Security in London was highly visible Monday morning, with long lines of cars forming behind police checkpoints on the London Bridge. Concrete car-blockers were in place protecting the Wimbledon tennis tournament.

"It is clear that we are dealing, in general terms, with people who are associated with al-Qaida," Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Sunday.

More on NBC

Dr. Mohammed Jamil Abdelqader Asha has been identified as a suspect in the U.K. terror plot. He was arrested by British police this weekend near Cheshire, England. He has not been charged with any crimes, but police have been searching his home in Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, north of London.

Asha graduated from a Jordanian medical school in 2004. He registered in 2005 with the General Medical Council, the British medical-doctor registry.

He works as a physician at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent.

-- NBC News’ Lisa Myers and Aram Roston
    Brown, who replaced outgoing Prime Minister Tony Blair last week, said the threat would be "long-term and sustained" but said the country would not be cowed by the plot targeting central London and Glasgow's airport.

"We will not yield, we will not be intimidated and we will not allow anyone to undermine our British way of life," he said in a televised interview.

A British government security official said a loose U.K.-wide network appeared to be behind the attacks but investigators were struggling to pin down suspects' identities.

"These are not the type of people who always carry identity documents, or who use their real identities," the official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the inquiries.

Police suspicions
    Gardiner, an official at the Let-It house rental agency in Glasgow, said police contacted his company on Saturday afternoon, just minutes before the airport attacks.

NBC News video
    Terror arrests
    July 2: Police arrest five people in connection with a string of terror incidents in Scotland and London. NBC's Lester Holt reports.

Today show
    "A card was put through one of my colleague's door, asking if we would contact them," he said. The colleague found the note at 3:05 p.m, 10 minutes before the airport attack, Gardiner said.

"A couple of hours later, they (police) came back to us with a name, and we were able to trace their records," he said. "The police wanted to know why we had dialed a certain phone number. They had the phone records from the situation down in London."

The unidentified driver of the Jeep is being treated for serious burns at Paisley's Royal Alexandra Hospital in Glasgow, where he is under arrest by armed police. A 27-year-old man also was arrested at the airport attack by police and was being held at a high-security police station in Glasgow.

Gardiner said the suspect tenant had a six-month lease on the house in Houston, a small suburb of Glasgow.

Doctors?
    He said the man was seen leaving the house wearing a stethoscope and was thought to be a doctor at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley on the outskirts of Glasgow. A controlled explosion was carried out Sunday on a car left at the hospital. Police said it was linked to the airport attack.

Residents of homes that were raided by police in central England and Liverpool have claimed suspects arrested were doctors or medical students.

British security sources also told NBC News that two of the seven suspects in custody are medical doctors and one may have assembled the bombs. Authorities also said they believe that most, if not all, of the suspects come from Middle Eastern countries, including one from Iraq.

Slide show
    Scotland Car Crashes Into Glasgow Airport

Probing terror
    Police pore over the scene of an SUV attack at a Scottish airport and car bombs found in London.
    Other arrests included a 26-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman seized on a major highway in northern England late Saturday, and a 26-year-old man in Liverpool on Sunday.

Authorities said fingerprints, cell phone records and surveillance video led to the arrests of a man and a woman on the M6 motorway near Cheshire. A security source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NBC news the man is a doctor of Jordanian decent while the other suspects in custody include an Iraqi national and a Lebanese national, and that at least one suspect is still being sought.

Britain on Saturday raised its terror alert to “critical” — the highest possible level — and the Bush administration announced plans to increase security at airports and on mass transit.

The new terror threat presents Brown with an enormous challenge early in his premiership — and comes at a time of already heightened vigilance one week before the anniversary of the July 7, 2005, London transit attacks. Those were largely carried out by local Muslims, exacerbating ethnic tensions in Britain.

MORE FROM MSNBC.COM

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information