Forum Member

Default Messed With the Wrong Marine - Part II

This young punk goes to jail and has to tell everyone that he got his @ss whooped by a 72 year old. NEVER give in to criminals.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/enterta...3-c8a9eeec7783

http://countenance.wordpress.com/200...marine-to-rob/

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...70414/0/NEWS10

Onetime boxer, 72, ex-Marine pummels would-be pickpocket

Bill Barnes, 72, a retired ironworker, said he acted on instinct recently when he thwarted a pickpocket attempt at a convenience store in Comstock Park, Mich.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Bill Barnes said he was scratching off a losing $2 lottery ticket inside a gas station when he felt a hand slip into his front-left pants pocket, where he had $300 in cash.

He immediately grabbed the person's wrist with his left hand and started throwing punches with his right, landing six or seven blows before a store manager intervened.

"I guess he thought I was an easy mark," Mr. Barnes, 72, told the Grand Rapids Press.

He's no easy mark: Mr. Barnes served in the Marines, was an accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and retired after 20 years as an ironworker.

Jesse Daniel Rae, the 27-year-old Newaygo County man accused of trying to pick Mr. Barnes' pocket, was arraigned Monday in Rockford District Court on one felony count of unarmed robbery.

Mr. Barnes said he had just withdrawn the money from a bank and put it in his pocket before driving to the gas station in Comstock Park, Mich.

He remembers noticing a patron acting suspiciously, asking the price of different brands of cigarettes and other items. When Mr. Barnes felt the hand in his pocket, he took action.

"I guess I acted on instinct," he said.

Kent County sheriff's deputies said the store manager quickly came around the counter. The three of them struggled through the front door, where two witnesses said the manager slammed Mr. Rae to the ground and held him there.

Mr. Barnes was a regional runner-up in Golden Gloves competition in the novice and open divisions before enlisting in the Marines in 1956.

He lived most of his adult life in Comstock Park with his wife, Patricia, before recently moving to Ottawa County. The couple have three children.

Mr. Barnes said he'd probably do the same thing again under the same circumstances, if for no other reason than what he would face back home.

"I wouldn't want my wife to [be mad at me] for lettin' that guy get my money," he said.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Saw that video on CNN. It is pretty cool.

Forum Member

I love it! Good for him. 27 years old and got thumped by a 72 year old, doesn't get any better than that.

Forum Member

I read this a few days ago. I love it. Good job on the Marines part!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information