Default LA City background help

I was wondering if anyone has recently gone through Los Angeles City Fire Departmets background process. i recently had my interview and was lucky enough to be given a backgroud packet after my interview. my record criminal record is clean, my driving record has some violations dating back three years. i am currently a FF but am looking for the chance to go work for LA. the problem is after my divorce my "ex" placed a protective order against me to gain leverage in the custody hearing. If anyone can tell me of similiar situations and how LA city would view something like this and how they are handled. (if it is a cause for rejection) i would grealty appreciate it.

so long as you have a viable and verifiable explanation it will be taken into consideration

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFUTjacobs View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has recently gone through Los Angeles City Fire Departmets background process. i recently had my interview and was lucky enough to be given a backgroud packet after my interview. my record criminal record is clean, my driving record has some violations dating back three years. i am currently a FF but am looking for the chance to go work for LA. the problem is after my divorce my "ex" placed a protective order against me to gain leverage in the custody hearing. If anyone can tell me of similiar situations and how LA city would view something like this and how they are handled. (if it is a cause for rejection) i would grealty appreciate it.
    You should be fine. This goes without saying, but just be honest and open about the situation. The last thing you want is for there to be any "surprises" if/when you have your field investigation. All factors are taken into account. Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Every time you check something or mark something down while you are at the background interview, you are able to explain it on the next page. So like the others said, just be honest and do your best to explain everything.

Forum Member

This will be explained during the BG interview but when you fill out your PIQ, it will ask about the discrepancy, have you explain the circumstances, and what you've done to correct or resolve it. Above all, tell the truth! Even if you think it will disqualify you, tell the truth because you have a better chance at getting through by explaining the negative stuff in your BG, whereas you will have no chance at moving on if you lie or conceal anything.

Forum Member

good luck everyone
    Last edited by crazyff; 11-15-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Thread Information