Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Operation Ranger

Does any one know when 2nd round of Operation Ranger grant will be announced. I would think it would be soon since 1st round was in April. (Good Luck to all that applied.)
    Glenn

Forum Member

I would assume its coming up. We just did our media presentation for ours. I was in Vegas and missed the whole thing..but hey, I wrote it, I drive it..

Forum Member

Just got the DJ via snail mail

Forum Member

Just got my Dear John via snail mail as well. I had my hopes up for this one. We will probably apply for this again and I will probably apply in AFG for this as well. Good Luck to the lucky ones who are left!!!!
    Glenn

Forum Member

Ahhh, the ever elusive polaris grant. I spent a lot of time working on this proposal just to get turned down...in two different years...one of these days it will happen. Keep your head up everyone...this is just a highly competitive grant.

Forum Member

I spent a lot of time on this one as well. I wish we could ask them what we were lacking.

Forum Member

Default got awarded !!!

I just open a letter from us smokeless tonight that was dated june 27th stating congrats you get a ranger. This was our second year writing for it. Also just found out we might get a 2006 afg grant awarded with supplemental funds. I hope the neighbors didn't hear all the yelling... Be safe

Forum Member

hoser
    Double congrats! if possible Please email a copy of your grant for the Operation Ranger grant. jamgwill@southernco.com
    Thanks
    Glenn

MembersZone Subscriber

Glenn we are now at 10 wins on Polaris for our clients. Give me a shout and lets see what is going wrong there and what we can do to correct it for you.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I gave up on the project ranger grant. A couple of months ago I emailed the local ATV dealer and asked them about the yamaha law loan program. Then I told the what our need was, and why we wanted one. Within two weeks of sending them the email we were up at their store getting a brand new 2007 polaris ranger 6x6. The owner of the store contacted polaris for us and told them about the law loan program and polaris agreed to loan us a ranger on a trial basis to see if they would be interested in starting a similar program. Grants are great but so far this year I have had a lot of luck contacting companies and asking what they can do for us. We have gotten some free equipment and some companies have offered a 50% discount on their products. I have spent a lot of time asking people for stuff. The worst anyone can do is say no. If even one says yes it was worth the time. We have a brand new 6x6 ranger and all it cost us was one email and a couple of phone calls.
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, Then baffle them with your bull****.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rolandthunder View Post
    I gave up on the project ranger grant. A couple of months ago I emailed the local ATV dealer and asked them about the yamaha law loan program. Then I told the what our need was, and why we wanted one. Within two weeks of sending them the email we were up at their store getting a brand new 2007 polaris ranger 6x6. The owner of the store contacted polaris for us and told them about the law loan program and polaris agreed to loan us a ranger on a trial basis to see if they would be interested in starting a similar program. Grants are great but so far this year I have had a lot of luck contacting companies and asking what they can do for us. We have gotten some free equipment and some companies have offered a 50% discount on their products. I have spent a lot of time asking people for stuff. The worst anyone can do is say no. If even one says yes it was worth the time. We have a brand new 6x6 ranger and all it cost us was one email and a couple of phone calls.
    And that echoes one of the main lessons I always teach in my seminars; "if they don't know it is broke, nobody will offer to fix it for you". PR folks, it is a two way street. Use it to your advantage! Congrats rolandthunder; my agency has had two Yamaha waverunners for our use every year for the past ten years by simply asking for the assistance. Lots will say no but, many will say yes!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

I finally got a chance to check the FD mail today. Low and behold, there's a letter from USSTC. After some hesitation, I opened it up and it starts off with the word "Congratulations." Now we're just waiting for the packet to see what we've got to do to get it delivered!

Thanks for the help, Kurt!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Catch, congrats on the award. You will find the Polaris to be a valuable tool.

Got to use our new JD Gator today (from a DHS grant w/PD) for a medical about 1 mile into the woods. Patient was dehydrated from running. Took a medic in and met up with the Jr. member of the shift (went in on a private ATV and determined we had better access from a different location). The patient was transported to the hospital in less than 30 minutes (even with
    relocating apparatus and waiting for the Gator to be brought to the scene).

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Catch, congrats on the award. You will find the Polaris to be a valuable tool.

Got to use our new JD Gator today (from a DHS grant w/PD) for a medical about 1 mile into the woods. Patient was dehydrated from running. Took a medic in and met up with the Jr. member of the shift (went in on a private ATV and determined we had better access from a different location). The patient was transported to the hospital in less than 30 minutes (even with
    relocating apparatus and waiting for the Gator to be brought to the scene).
    We're expecting a little of that come deer season. Seems like every couple years we have someone that falls out of a tree stand. Or someone will dive into the creek where it's too shallow, etc.

Has anyone tried the Polaris TRAILS program to try for skids for their Ranger? I'm thinking of giving it a try. I don't know about justifying a brush fire skid, but surely I can find a reason for the rescue skid with all of our ATV trails and tracks in the county.

MembersZone Subscriber

Glad to see some depts are getting these. Congrats to everyone who recieved it.

Forum Member

Just found our Dear John in the mailbox today!
    Congrats to the lucky winners

Forum Member

Congrats Catch22. We just had our ceremony with the UST people. I have to get a pic out to kurt asap.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Congrats Catch22. We just had our ceremony with the UST people. I have to get a pic out to kurt asap.
    Catch made # 11 for us now. I think I have this program pretty well figured out.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Catch made # 11 for us now. I think I have this program pretty well figured out.
    Well Kurt, I am going to remember this when they open the next application period. You have seen our terrain. We could definitely use one of these!!

Forum Member

Between the deer hunting and the elk hunting here, I hope Kurt will try to land us one of those too. Kurt I will give you a guided tour when you get down this way for Jackson's seminar.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Between the deer hunting and the elk hunting here, I hope Kurt will try to land us one of those too. Kurt I will give you a guided tour when you get down this way for Jackson's seminar.
    Yea, I am packing the bags already as the seminar scheudle is getting under way in about 2 weeks. Gotta go to Community Ambulance Association of Ambler in Ambler, PA on July 27-28 for the first one of the season. Still have a few opening there in that one folks outside Philly if anyone is interested give me a shout.Limeforever,I dreamed of shooting an Elk last night that outscored your Boone & Crockett record up there.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Default ranger grant info

I spoke with a us tobacco person today and he said that they have awarded all of the remaining rangers in this round. So I would assume everyone will know rather quickly the outcome of their application.

MembersZone Subscriber

The finally updated the website today listing all of the remaining winners. Congrats to those who are getting the good news!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Looking for a Training aid

Just wondering if any of you fellow Fire Dept's that were lucky enough to get a Ranger would be willing to share a successfull narrative for your Ranger.

We have been lucky enough to recieve four out of seven AFG's and it's time to concentrate on something else and let someone else have a chance at at Federal dollars.

We are located in a rural area with limited resources for fund's. Low operating budget. One of these would greatly enhance our rescue efforts in our area with ATV trails going right through our back door along with heavy oil drilling and natural gas feilds expanding and now the next wave of goodies is windmills.

If anyone has one, could you please send it to chitch@dftwildblue.com

Have a nice day
    The Chief

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by theonlychief View Post
    Just wondering if any of you fellow Fire Dept's that were lucky enough to get a Ranger would be willing to share a successfull narrative for your Ranger.

We have been lucky enough to recieve four out of seven AFG's and it's time to concentrate on something else and let someone else have a chance at at Federal dollars.

We are located in a rural area with limited resources for fund's. Low operating budget. One of these would greatly enhance our rescue efforts in our area with ATV trails going right through our back door along with heavy oil drilling and natural gas feilds expanding and now the next wave of goodies is windmills.

If anyone has one, could you please send it to chitch@dftwildblue.com

Have a nice day

Chief, 10 of my clients, some of whom have posted in here, won these this year with our help. The help is free of charge. Get in touch with me and I will be glad to assist you here in this endeavor. kurtb@chiefsupply.com
    Kurt Bradley

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... Last

Thread Information