Thread: Thompsonville

Forum Member

Default Thompsonville

Anyone know much about this department??? There is a posting for it.

Forum Member

mark i was just up there to pick up an app.. their minimum requirements are not very minimum at all. Fire 2, CDL confined space, cpat card, emt cert...just to name a few...starting salary is in the 44k range if i can remember anything else ill post it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCA1386 View Post
    mark i was just up there to pick up an app.. their minimum requirements are not very minimum at all. Fire 2, CDL confined space, cpat card, emt cert...just to name a few...starting salary is in the 44k range if i can remember anything else ill post it
    Just wait until somebody challenges the FF 2 requirement. In general you can't set an entry requirement that excludes anyone not already in a fire department somewhere else. (Unlike EMT, a civilian can't just walk in off the street and take a FF2 class...)

This is an EOE challange just waiting to spend a few years in court...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

where is this job posted? cant seem to find it

Forum Member

career builder

Forum Member

JCA did you get called for a 2nd interview for Danbury?

Forum Member

Wouldn't ya think they would post in the job listing on Career Builder that FF2 is required. It says nothing of the sort. I'd be ****ed if I drove almost an hour to get an app only to find that out.

Leather Forever

I meet all the requirements with the exception of the CPAT card. I currently dont have one. I spoke with one of their Assistant Chiefs yeaterday. They seem to be unaware that obtaining a valid CPAT card before close of application is impossible. Which is too bad since I was gonna put in for it

Forum Member

Default ?

So if you dont have a CDL and confined space cert. are you saying dont even bother or is it one of those things where you need to obtain within a year?

Forum Member

crank i would have gotten the call i assume, but my cpat card isnt current and i had scheduled one, but busted my foot pretty badly last month so training at the acutal test were out...they want to put on 10 in september so if i get my card in august on one of the pretests mabe there is a shot.

Forum Member

If you have any questions, call and speak to the Chief or Asst. Chief before comming up to apply. Ask them your specfic questions so you don't waste your time comming up here. If there are any questions on how we operate,I will be more than happy to try to answer. As for the hiring process, how many etc, I am unsure. We are in contract negotations right now and will find out more soon. Our union website is www.iafflocal3059.org

Forum Member

tfd, i was up there yesterday and i spoke with the chief, im just curious are you guys requiring a confined space cert? i have a department cert, but not an nfpa one. Just wondering if you knew off hand. thanks!

Forum Member

tfd, i was up there yesterday and i spoke with the chief, im just curious are you guys requiring a confined space cert? i have a department cert, but not an nfpa one. Just wondering if you knew off hand. thanks!
    Was your class a State class given at your station or just like a department drill? Back in the early 90's all the departments in town got together and sent a group through Confined Space training. Over the years we have expanded the team to inclued trench, rope, building collapse etc. They are probablty looking for the confined space because we lost some guys to other departments/jobs.

Forum Member

Will they accept apps. without confined space? What kind of schedule do you work? Does anyone have all the certs.....it sounds like they already have a candidate in mind with all those requirements.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by medic8675 View Post
    Will they accept apps. without confined space? What kind of schedule do you work? Does anyone have all the certs.....it sounds like they already have a candidate in mind with all those requirements.
    As for the confined space cert, that is a question you would have to ask the Chief when picking up an application. As for our schedule, we work 2-10's 2-14's with 4 off.

Thread Information