Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Walk-In Rescue Pumper

I think I have seen a picture of such a setup...does anyone have one? Not saying its necessarily a good idea, but it is interesting none the less. Note I mean full pump, not a small trash pump. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Look on Rosenbauer's deliveries for Fabens Tx., it was a walk-in rescue pumper if memory serves me correct. If I remember correctly their were a ton of pics on the Ros. Tx. dealers site, if I can find the link, i'll post it. I remember taking a long look at it just because it was pretty different.

ADDED: Here is the link http://www.dacofire.com/fabens.htm

ADDED: http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/App...tegoryId=4#top It is shown on page 2, however I noticed they moved it from the Pumper Category to the Rescue Category, still listed as Walk In Rescue Pumper though.
    Last edited by todd3603; 07-04-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Default Alf

Quote Originally Posted by skipatrol8 View Post
    I think I have seen a picture of such a setup...does anyone have one? Not saying its necessarily a good idea, but it is interesting none the less. Note I mean full pump, not a small trash pump. Thanks.
    Odessa, Delaware bought a very nice one from ALF, and had it displayed at FDIC this year. I have some pics, but not very good ones....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is a picture of the Fabens truck. There are some more on Daco Fire's website

http://dacofire.com/fabens.htm

Forum Member

My old department had one like you are talking about. It was a 1997 Freightliner/E-One with 625gpm pump, 300 gallons of water and 25 gallons of Class A foam. It had an 18 foot walk in rescue body. It had a separate pump panel and then the walk in body.

This idea certainly isn't for every department but it worked well for ours. We replaced a tired cube van we had been using as our rescue and an old reserve pumper truck. It was a much easier sell to our elected officials, since instead of buying 2 new trucks, they needed only to spend money to buy 1.

If you send me an email, I will forward a couple photos.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck1 View Post
    Odessa, Delaware bought a very nice one from ALF, and had it displayed at FDIC this year. I have some pics, but not very good ones....
    Will this be at the expo in Baltimore?

Default ????

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Will this be at the expo in Baltimore?
    I have no idea - but I thought they said the truck was going into service right after FDIC so i doubt it..... heres a couple more pics I have

Default more - Odessa

more pics for you

Forum Member

It looks like it would be awkard to get at the stuff in thoes coffin cabinets on the roof. You have to walk on the hosebed to get to all that stuff.

Thanks for the pics Canuck1, That truck looks very long. It sure is set up very nicely. Appears they took alot of time and placed stuff properly. Don't see that all to often. It took us several hours to get our truck layed out how we wanted it. I see alot of wasted space on some of these trucks these days and people complain they don't have room to put anything. Our truck is nicknamed the toolbox around here with our neighboring depts. Anyways the truck pics are very sharp

MembersZone Subscriber

I had been waiting to see a rig like this for a while, and Odessa's is a great example. I like having the typical jumpseat for running accidents but the walk-in area for donning a harness or dry suit for other rescue calls. You could even use this area as your command station or air bottle refilling station.

Can anyone tell us who made the body? Is this from the "Saulsbury Guys" who are still in NY and running their own company now?

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by dp7197r751 View Post
    I had been waiting to see a rig like this for a while, and Odessa's is a great example. I like having the typical jumpseat for running accidents but the walk-in area for donning a harness or dry suit for other rescue calls. You could even use this area as your command station or air bottle refilling station.

Can anyone tell us who made the body? Is this from the "Saulsbury Guys" who are still in NY and running their own company now?
    It was built at the American LaFrance Hamburg Facility - formerly known as RD Murray. Beyond what I have posted here, I know nothing.... for more detailed info, I would recommend contacting the department or ALF Hamburg. I took pictures of the truck because I felt it was the most impressive truck at FDIC this year.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is a nice idea and concept but the Odessa truck seems to be lacking in hose.The hosebed doesnt look to hold very much.
    Firefighter/Paramedic Seven Hills Fire Rescue Mobile,AL

Thread Information