Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Austin Policy Violations? WTF?

Check out this video of a gay pride parade in Austin... Skip ahead to 6 minutes, 10 seconds and look at how unsafe this whole thing is. FF's sitting on the rails of the hosebed. A FF sitting on the bumper right in front of the wheel path. A FF trying to help a civilian on to the apparatus while it is still moving? WTF?

Stay safe everybody... Don't do this.

Also, while I personally don't have a problem with AFD making a political statement such as this by letting an engine take part in a gay pride parade I know a lot of religious and politically conservative AFDers who would be ****ed over this... Would they be equally supportive of a white power parade? White supremisists pay property taxes too which means this engine belongs to them as well.

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

What happened to the Mets? Clicking along smoothly and then, bam. I think the Rockies just scored again

Least the Rangers picked up both Scott Gomez and Chris Dury
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    What happened to the Mets? Clicking along smoothly and then, bam. I think the Rockies just scored again

Who cares about the Mets.

And the Rangers will find another ridiculous way to blow it, yet again. Although I love the fact that they signed Gomez. I think I still might boo the first time he takes the ice, just out of habit.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Who cares about the Mets.

And the Rangers will find another ridiculous way to blow it, yet again. Although I love the fact that they signed Gomez. I think I still might boo the first time he takes the ice, just out of habit.
    Having signed Dury, I woulda been happier seeing Brian Rafalski in a Rangers uniform. Though I can "settle" for Gomez

Least Clemens has managed to get the Yankee's back to within striking distance of only being single digit games behind Inbetween collecting his social security checks that is

ps- The point of this, it is about as useful as the orignal post, none
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can speak as to what happened to the Metropolitans. They played the Broncos, not the Rockies. Terrell Davis ran for 147 yards, John Elway threw for 330 yards and 2 touchdowns, one to Steve Watson and one to Shannon Sharpe, and Rich Karlis closed out the scoring by booting, with his bare foot mind you, a 37 yard field goal. How else do you explain a baseball final score of 17 to 7? And BTW, I'm guessing that Carlos Beltran had to go to the chiropractor today for a neck adjustment. You know, from turning his head around too quickly as all those balls flew over his head out there in center field. Terlet............
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

The Boston Red Sox are in 1st place in the American League East!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post

Well, that's interesting news! Hadn't heard that one yet.

I'm assuming you meant Chris Drury
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Thanks Gonz, had to remind me and ruin a perfectly good morning

Originally Posted by "moi"
    Posted by callaway75

Thanks Gonz, had to remind me and ruin a perfectly good morning

Its a glorious morning! I have the day off totally (no MFA, fire station duty tours or car details scheduled!) the sun is shining, the birds a singing, the trees are gently swaying in the breeze, the Sox are 53 and 31 with a 12 game lead in the AL East...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Originally Posted by "moi"

Posted by callaway75

Its a glorious morning! I have the day off totally (no MFA, fire station duty tours or car details scheduled!) the sun is shining, the birds a singing, the trees are gently swaying in the breeze, the Sox are 53 and 31 with a 12 game lead in the AL East...
    The only thing that could be better would be the entire yackmees organization (majors to rookie league) go on the DL!! And Steinbrenner getting hit by a crosstown bus!

Thread Information