Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ??

Default ??

does your posts chiefs and captains have white and red helmets?

All explorers have black Ben2Plus' (except for one 1044)

Captain has white markings and shield

Lt's have blue markings and shield

I'll try to find pics when I'm not watching a movie, talking on the phone and typing something up.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    All explorers have black Ben2Plus' (except for one 1044)

Captain has white markings and shield

Lt's have blue markings and shield

I'll try to find pics when I'm not watching a movie, talking on the phone and typing something up.
    Cap, because I'm really bored and can't sleep, I got your back.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...=nwooddemo.jpg
    RFRDxplorer in the white helmet... he's the Captain.
    And that's me laying down as a downed FF.
    http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=P1010314.jpg
    There's a Lt.'s helmet on the far left. You can somewhat see the blue shield.
    http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=P1010310.jpg
    And there's the same Lt. on the far right.
    http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=P1010340.jpg
    That's how the Lt.s and the Captains look. Most of them anyhow.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Interesting. It's like a checkered helmet.

However I don't really see the need for explorers/juniors to have distinctive helmets. If anything, they should have a color that tells firefighters that they're only exp/jrs so they know they can't go inside.

My post has just black helmets like regular firefighters, except our Explorer shields are cardboard and green and Juniors are real shields, except pumpkin orange.

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post

However I don't really see the need for explorers/juniors to have distinctive helmets. If anything, they should have a color that tells firefighters that they're only exp/jrs so they know they can't go inside.

My post has just black helmets like regular firefighters, except our Explorer shields are cardboard and green and Juniors are real shields, except pumpkin orange.
    Yeah there are alot of depts that do that on the east coast. Our helmets are distinctive from our dept's helmets. Both are black traditionals, but we have silver tets with a black E inside of them while they have the regular lime green tets. Their shields are black with yellow and red writing and such while our regular explorers have black with white background and blue lettering.

Cardboard shields??? Why not just have everyone shell out 30 bucks to buy their own shield? Here you could either buy your own so when you are done with it you keep it (this one would have your name on it) or just use one of the few that the post bought that were just generic.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Yeah there are alot of depts that do that on the east coast. Our helmets are distinctive from our dept's helmets. Both are black traditionals, but we have silver tets with a black E inside of them while they have the regular lime green tets. Their shields are black with yellow and red writing and such while our regular explorers have black with white background and blue lettering.

Cardboard shields??? Why not just have everyone shell out 30 bucks to buy their own shield? Here you could either buy your own so when you are done with it you keep it (this one would have your name on it) or just use one of the few that the post bought that were just generic.
    Cap, the regular Explorers have black shields with a dark blue background and white lettering. You're thinking of your helmet.

As for cardboard, definately go with the leather fronts. $34 is all it will cost and you'll have in 3 weeks.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

No.

I guess we'd have to have Junior Captains or Chiefs to need them though.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post

Yeah we have different helmets if you'll look at my pic you will see the explorers have older helmet and the advisers or real firefighters have the 8 cone helmets.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by afrexplorer1 View Post
    8 cone helmets.
    I take it you mean traditional helmets? I've never heard tradtional helmets refered to as 8-cone helmets... They always said you learn something new every day...
    Firefighter/EMT

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I take it you mean traditional helmets? I've never heard tradtional helmets refered to as 8-cone helmets... They always said you learn something new every day...
    I will second his motion.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I take it you mean traditional helmets? I've never heard traditional helmets referred to as 8-cone helmets... They always said you learn something new every day...
    Yeah i started saying that after an old firefighter friend called it that. i just have called it that ever since lol.

Thread Information