Thread: The Blame Game

  1. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber
    KevinFFVFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Haha, wow, this thread went south fast. One thing I have come to learn about people on here is that as long as the topic is about firefighting, EMS, rescue, or other emergency issues then you get some real great and intelligent responses.

    Now as far as advice, I have also noticed that as long as you come on here looking for advice to personally better yourself (which I have done several times on issues dealing with my EMT school and learning how to become a better firefighter) then people tend to respond greatly and really want to help.

    But when people come on here trying to put down other people with little or no proof then these are the types of responses you get. You also have to look at it this way……

    OSHA is (I believe because the fire departments here don’t really deal much with OSHA) a government agency. Plus you mentioned something about the state police getting involved. Don’t you think that a matter such as this where federal and state agencies are involved should kind of be a “hush-hush” thing and not come on a public website to disclose your “intuitions” on missing files and OSHA investigations.

    I know your seeking advice, but watch how you present yourself. You said yourself that you do not even know if the chief took the files but yet you make it sound as if you are pointing the finger at him. You’re making accusations that you yourself aren’t even sure about.

    And think of this, you are commenting on an ongoing investigation on a public website for hundreds of people to see. That’s not a good thing. Imagine what could happen is your department, or OSHA, or the police got wind of what is being said on this website.

    By the way, if all that is really missing is two envelops then what the hell is the big deal anyway.

    Another thing, who has access to where the files were kept? Does only the chief and officers have access to department files or does everyone?

    You’re digging yourself into a hole. The chief is the ultimate responsibility for the department. If there are problems with the department then the only person to blame is the chief himself, unless there are discrepancies in training, which is the responsibility of the training officer, who is still under the supervision of the chief.

    Sounds to me as if your department is trying to cover up for files that never existed. But hey, I’m not a cop.

  2. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber
    KevinFFVFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Look into the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire back around the 70's and see what happens when files come up "missing".

  3. #28
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,058

    Default

    Wel Joshua,

    Welcome to the ranks of those who seem to come here with the sole intent of destroying their fire service careers. What would make you think identifying yourself here and bitching about your FD would lead to any good? Well if in fact you are who you say you are and not someone else setting this guy up.

    If I were you I would delete all of this stuff and hope no one on your FD saw it.

    Nothing good will come out of you posting ths here.

    FyredUp

  4. #29
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    Another thing, who has access to where the files were kept? Does only the chief and officers have access to department files or does everyone?
    Everyone had access, however since the files turned up missing, only the chief has access, and he will not let anyone, even escorted, access.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    Sounds to me as if your department is trying to cover up for files that never existed. But hey, I’m not a cop.
    That's kinda what I've been hinting at.


    Thank you for your advice, I will truly think about what you said.

  5. #30
    Forum Member
    CodeBlueEMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Franklinton, North Carolina
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Advise is real easy to give someone. I don't have to suffer the consequences if it's wrong. Guardo83, I truly hope this mess gets cleared up. Something tells me it won't. Take care.

    Shayne
    "Being talked to death is a terrible way to die"

  6. #31
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dday05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post

    I also prefer to work things out in house,
    Joshua Gerald Guard
    Then why are you on here? I would leave your name out of this mess and any info of where your from under your screen name. It could be used against you.

  7. #32
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Then why are you on here? I would leave your name out of this mess and any info of where your from under your screen name. It could be used against you.
    Read the post that you treadjacked that from, and that will tell you y I am here. I'm innocent in the matter, I've already agreed to take a polygraph, so how can it be used against me?

  8. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    Read the post that you treadjacked that from, and that will tell you y I am here. I'm innocent in the matter, I've already agreed to take a polygraph, so how can it be used against me?
    Why? Because some things are left better un-said, especially in a public forum. I would hope or think that you would have some trusted friends that you could go to and ask thier advise. You may be inocent as you say, but by placing your name (personal/dept) here, and your Chief finds out you could get in trouble for releasing information detramental to the department. Something about "Code of Ethics". Just a thought.

    T.J.

  9. #34
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    Read the post that you treadjacked that from, and that will tell you y I am here. I'm innocent in the matter, I've already agreed to take a polygraph, so how can it be used against me?
    Here's a little tidbit that I learned during my 20 or so years in law enforcment"
    Agreeing to take a polygraph and taking a polygraph are two entirely different things. Let us know how you do when you are hooked up to the machine.

  10. #35
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dday05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    Read the post that you treadjacked that from, and that will tell you y I am here. I'm innocent in the matter, I've already agreed to take a polygraph, so how can it be used against me?
    I threadjacked your post huh? You come on here airing out your departments dirty laundry on here. My opinion is you allready put your whole department under the bus. You seem to have an axe to grind with the chief. In one statement you say the files are of no importance, then you are talking about hose test, scba tests and so on. All I can say is go take your polygraph test...

  11. #36
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    I threadjacked your post huh? You come on here airing out your departments dirty laundry on here. My opinion is you allready put your whole department under the bus. You seem to have an axe to grind with the chief. In one statement you say the files are of no importance, then you are talking about hose test, scba tests and so on. All I can say is go take your polygraph test...
    Learn to read.

    I'll let all of you flat earthers know when I passed the polygraph, now I know the brotherhood is dead.

  12. #37
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Here's a little tidbit that I learned during my 20 or so years in law enforcment"
    Agreeing to take a polygraph and taking a polygraph are two entirely different things. Let us know how you do when you are hooked up to the machine.
    I did nothing wrong, so why should I fear a polygraph?

  13. #38
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dday05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post

    Thanks for the misinterpretation,

    Joshua Gerald Guard
    Hey, NO PROBLEM...

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    I did nothing wrong, so why should I fear a polygraph?
    Even if you pass the polygraph and are proven innocent it will never repair the damage you have done yourself by airing the dirty laundry here complete with personal info and attacks on your chief.


    Innocence of a crime does not remove guilt of stupidity and the pointing of your finger of accusation.

    Ordinarily I would wish you good luck, but honestly you will need more than that at this point and I find your story immensely far fetched.

    FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-13-2007 at 10:06 PM.

  15. #40
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dday05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Ordinarily I would wish you good luck, but honestly you will need more than that at this point and I find your story immensely far fetched.

    FyredUp
    I agree FyredUp.

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Even if you pass the polygraph and are proven innocent it will never repair the damage you have done yourself by airing the dirty laundry here complete with personal info and attacks on your chief.


    Innocence of a crime does not remove guilt of stupidity and the pointing of your finger of accusation.

    Ordinarily I would wish you good luck, but honestly you will need more than that at this point and I find your story immensely far fetched.

    FyredUp
    Your not the only one. I find it a little odd as well.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  17. #42
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    I did nothing wrong, so why should I fear a polygraph?
    I never said you should fear it. Of course you've done nothing wrong.

    I wish I had a dollar for every person I offered a polygraph to that said yes. Then, when I invited them to have a seat in the conference room to wait for the polygrapher, they suddenly had a change of heart. We'll see.

    (NOTE: I am not going to have a debate about the polygraph. This is about people who agree to take one, then change their minds).

    I agree with the others. You have caused so much damage to your FD and yourself, that virtually nothing you can say or do will fix it. It would be very interesting to see if any of the other members of your FD has been monitoring this discussion. You would probably end up either with a black eye or a keyboard protruding from your butt.

  18. #43
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I agree with the others. You have caused so much damage to your FD and yourself, that virtually nothing you can say or do will fix it. It would be very interesting to see if any of the other members of your FD has been monitoring this discussion. You would probably end up either with a black eye or a keyboard protruding from your butt.
    Just curious, how did I cause so much damage? Remember, they came after me. Then it exploded in this thread, because few people understood what I meant. If the damage is from this thread it doesn't count, because because there was damage before they came after me, they are more concerned about blaming someone than fixing the violations. Iwas here to seek advice, now I'm here so you can understand my point. How would you feel if someone came out of the blue and accused you of something that you had nothing to do with, let alone knew nothing about, ie the letter to OSHA and stealing the files. I knew what the files contained because I would be the one that would file something if there was something to file.

  19. #44
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    Just curious, how did I cause so much damage? Remember, they came after me. Then it exploded in this thread, because few people understood what I meant. If the damage is from this thread it doesn't count, because because there was damage before they came after me, they are more concerned about blaming someone than fixing the violations. Iwas here to seek advice, now I'm here so you can understand my point. How would you feel if someone came out of the blue and accused you of something that you had nothing to do with, let alone knew nothing about, ie the letter to OSHA and stealing the files. I knew what the files contained because I would be the one that would file something if there was something to file.
    Frankly, only a complete idiot would have done what you did, and brought all this to an international PUUBLIC forum where anyone and everyone could read it and identified himself and the community.

    What would I have done? I would have said bring me up on charges or expect to hear from my lawyer. I would demand due process and then force them into formerly filing a complaint against me or completely exonerating me with no fuurther sanctions or harassment.

    I feel at this point you are terminally screwed as a member of this FD. And if this story travels probably of any other reasonably close by too.

    Let me ask you a question...Honestly, what did you hope to accomplish by posting this here?

    FyredUp

  20. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, only a complete idiot would have done what you did, and brought all this to an international PUUBLIC forum where anyone and everyone could read it and identified himself and the community.

    What would I have done? I would have said bring me up on charges or expect to hear from my lawyer. I would demand due process and then force them into formerly filing a complaint against me or completely exonerating me with no fuurther sanctions or harassment.

    I feel at this point you are terminally screwed as a member of this FD. And if this story travels probably of any other reasonably close by too.

    Let me ask you a question...Honestly, what did you hope to accomplish by posting this here?

    FyredUp

    It no longer matters, after all the misinterpretation, calling me a coward, then when I showed I have nothing to hide I'm scorned for that as well. So fruitcake listen up. This story was all over town and my county way before I ever came on here SEEKING ADVICE, since you're incapable of reading and comprehensive thought, you still won't get it. If this weren't some silly internet forum, and was face to face I'd slap you like the whiny bitch that you are. It doesn't matter if the entire world reads this post, because my INTEGRITY in my COMMUNITY stands for itself, whereas those whom have accused me have a poor reputation.

    Untill you are capable of thinking out of the box, then you will never understand, and quite frankly I'm sick of trying to explain it.

    So fruitcake, did you get it? Or are you going to continue to barade me about something you think is the case, when it really isn't. Sure I told the to charge me, sure I told the to go fly a kite, but you know what. Catching them in their own game will be so much better. Once again I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over, step out of the box, gain comprehensive ability, and for gods sake, bite me.

  21. #46
    MembersZone Subscriber
    dday05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    It no longer matters, after all the misinterpretation, calling me a coward, then when I showed I have nothing to hide I'm scorned for that as well. So fruitcake listen up. This story was all over town and my county way before I ever came on here SEEKING ADVICE, since you're incapable of reading and comprehensive thought, you still won't get it. If this weren't some silly internet forum, and was face to face I'd slap you like the whiny bitch that you are. It doesn't matter if the entire world reads this post, because my INTEGRITY in my COMMUNITY stands for itself, whereas those whom have accused me have a poor reputation.

    Untill you are capable of thinking out of the box, then you will never understand, and quite frankly I'm sick of trying to explain it.

    So fruitcake, did you get it? Or are you going to continue to barade me about something you think is the case, when it really isn't. Sure I told the to charge me, sure I told the to go fly a kite, but you know what. Catching them in their own game will be so much better. Once again I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over, step out of the box, gain comprehensive ability, and for gods sake, bite me.
    Take a chill pill HARD ***, whats with all the name calling?Some day down the road you will regret putting all of this stuff on here. If what you say is true I would terminate myself from this dept and focus on your carreer ff job. I wouldn't want anything to come back and possiblly get me canned from that job. After all if you have been there 3 months you're on probation (probablly) and while you're on probation you can be let go at any given time.

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    It no longer matters, after all the misinterpretation, calling me a coward, then when I showed I have nothing to hide I'm scorned for that as well. So fruitcake listen up. This story was all over town and my county way before I ever came on here SEEKING ADVICE, since you're incapable of reading and comprehensive thought, you still won't get it. If this weren't some silly internet forum, and was face to face I'd slap you like the whiny bitch that you are. It doesn't matter if the entire world reads this post, because my INTEGRITY in my COMMUNITY stands for itself, whereas those whom have accused me have a poor reputation.

    Well first of all Buttercup, I never called you qa coward. I believe I called you a complete idiot. I see so since you have run out of words to defend your foolishness you want to slap me? Hmmmm, so what is the number to OSHA in your state tough man. LOSER.


    Untill you are capable of thinking out of the box, then you will never understand, and quite frankly I'm sick of trying to explain it.

    If you whining on an international forum is thinking outside the box it is only because no one would let you inside the box. Trying to explain what? That you brought this here and didn't like what people had to say so with nothing left you resort to threatening to slap people? Hmmmm, very comvincing.

    So fruitcake, did you get it? Or are you going to continue to barade me about something you think is the case, when it really isn't. Sure I told the to charge me, sure I told the to go fly a kite, but you know what. Catching them in their own game will be so much better. Once again I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over, step out of the box, gain comprehensive ability, and for gods sake, bite me.


    Ahhhh, fruitcake, threatening to slap me, telling me to go fly a kite, and then the ever popular bite me.

    Golly big man I guess I see your point. By the way do you have OSHA on speed dial?
    Have a nice day...although with your anger issues I don;t see how you would.

    FyredUp

  23. #48
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Take a chill pill HARD ***, whats with all the name calling?Some day down the road you will regret putting all of this stuff on here. If what you say is true I would terminate myself from this dept and focus on your carreer ff job. I wouldn't want anything to come back and possiblly get me canned from that job. After all if you have been there 3 months you're on probation (probablly) and while you're on probation you can be let go at any given time.

    Seems to be the thing with some of the new guys. Bi**hing about their dept and name calling. Sad to see.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  24. #49
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    Just curious, how did I cause so much damage? Remember, they came after me. Then it exploded in this thread, because few people understood what I meant. If the damage is from this thread it doesn't count, because because there was damage before they came after me, they are more concerned about blaming someone than fixing the violations. Iwas here to seek advice, now I'm here so you can understand my point. How would you feel if someone came out of the blue and accused you of something that you had nothing to do with, let alone knew nothing about, ie the letter to OSHA and stealing the files. I knew what the files contained because I would be the one that would file something if there was something to file.
    No, genius, you have it wrong. We ALL understood what you meant. You didn't count on that.

  25. #50
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Well first of all Buttercup, I never called you qa coward. I believe I called you a complete idiot.
    You're right. There are some damn brave idiots out there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. In case of emergency, play video game
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 05:58 PM
  2. Typical Blame Game
    By Firefighter430 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:59 PM
  3. Fans Chant Osama! Osama! Osama! at US vs. Canada Soccer Game
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 02:15 AM
  4. The blame game starts in Callyfornyuh
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:13 AM
  5. The Blame Game
    By mongofire_99 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2002, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register