Thread: The Blame Game

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    No, genius, you have it wrong. We ALL understood what you meant. You didn't count on that.

Judging by all the posts, no, you didn't.

Forum Member

Talking

Hang in there young feller(21POSTS) George has no repect 4 Eer due to your low post count!Not to be confuse with sperm count!

However george first 8000 post are all BIG ONE LINERS.

He really harmless.

As my grandpappy would say I like to buy him for what he's worth and sell for what he thinks he's worth!

Buckup! The response from george should be interesting!

Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

…….this is all very interesting….. ……..coming from my background what i noticed most was who threw out unfounded accusations first and where this thread went south…… ……it looks like it started with the very first response…. being followed up by the “following multitude” who would rather be seen as nodding in agreement with george rather than thinking for themselves…………….

….if mr georgewendt really has the law enforcement background he seems to tout here so often…………i feel deeply sorry for anyone who has had to deal with his corruption in person……….. paranoia……inflammatory comments…….just useless

……………….to the original writer, good luck if what you say is true………I would leave this department… …keep in mind that the big letters posted here about “doing something constructive” was posted by a person who apparently lives more on this forum than in real life and is more concerned with how he looks to others than helping you with a decent post…......... hence his put downs…….. it makes him feel better about himself and his projected image here..........

Forum Member

ok, here's georges response. he might say he hates people that just say they want to change but dont do anything about it. he might mention that he doesnt hide behind any online identities, and he could say you can look him up on all these wonderful websites that say how great he is. something along those lines anyway, i suspect...who knows. but he sure is great!

im glad to see there's people on here that see the phonyness of GeorgeW and FyredUp and all his little henchmen. Its kinda sad isnt it? 8000+ posts proclaiming to be so great at changing things...but hey...i know these personal attacks get to him/them, so i wont go on, just remeber...its the number of posts that matter, so we MUST bow down!

but to the guardo guy...just shut the #@%& up. that's all you can do. it'll take the wind right out of their sails. they feed on your responses. just leave the thread alone. hope things work out for you.

night all
    Last edited by FF2501; 07-16-2007 at 03:08 AM.

Forum Member

I would like to start out by saying that this sounds more like you would like the department to change its ways.

I am a Volunteer Fire Chief. I have found myself in your shoes before. My first position as an officer was the training officer.

Man you want to talk about no one showing up for training.
    Well my solution was to go to the members and see what they were interested in. After several years (notice I said years) I gained thier confidence that the training was worth thier time.

I worked my way up the chain.
    I served as the Fire Marshal and Asst Chief
    How many times do you think my ideals were turned down. This happend alot but I didnt give up on the guys that I was trying to teach. Just used different ideals to make them work.

I would take into consideration all the things that have happened. Look at yourself to see if you fit into this department.

Is the manpower available to complete all of the
    Maitenance you have listed. Does the Chief have the budget and could he obtain the money to complete the things you are saying he has not completed. Everything cost money.

I agree with you on the safety issues. No way around that but understand this from a volunteer fire chief.
    I sometimes dont have the manpower to staff a engine during the day.
    Does this mean when fighting a structure fire I will just let it burn because of I dont have someone on the pump panel. Does this mean I want respond because I cannot staff a engine. Does this mean because I dont have the equipment to properly shore a vehicle on its side I will just leave the patient inside. I will do the following with the manpower that is available to me in the keeping safety in mind.

You have in around about way challenged your chief by saying he is not doing his job. If he is supported by the department and everyone else you may be fighting a battle that is already lost but you can still win the war by making training interesting to the members and getting thier support.

Change is a very big thing to people. Some will never change and some will change a little.

Try to change the department by setting an example. Show them how things will work better when you get a chance. This may take one step at a time or baby steps. Nothing happens over night.

Make sure you understand you can not take a department that is set in thier ways and change it in a month or two. You are going to have to work at it and this may take serveral years.

If I come to your house and started changing everthing how receptive do you think you would be.

These are my views with the information you have given me. I hope you can take some ideals and maybe a little constructive criticism and continue your fire service.

Wanting to Change something is not a bad thing Its how you go about making changes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2501 View Post
    ok, here's georges response. he might say he hates people that just say they want to change but dont do anything about it. he might mention that he doesnt hide behind any online identities, and he could say you can look him up on all these wonderful websites that say how great he is. something along those lines anyway, i suspect...who knows. but he sure is great!

im glad to see there's people on here that see the phonyness of GeorgeW and FyredUp and all his little henchmen. Its kinda sad isnt it? 8000+ posts proclaiming to be so great at changing things...but hey...i know these personal attacks get to him/them, so i wont go on, just remeber...its the number of posts that matter, so we MUST bow down!

but to the guardo guy...just shut the #@%& up. that's all you can do. it'll take the wind right out of their sails. they feed on your responses. just leave the thread alone. hope things work out for you.

night all

For someone who said they were trying to stay away from the fourms because your "loosing brain cells" you sure are doing a good job.

As for shutting up because it takes the wind out of our "sails". Actually we just move on to other things. Sorry to burst your bubble though.

The attacks and stuff getting to us?? Your one to talk after your little message. You DO know what I'm talking about right???

Have a good day.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Even when you have a company with good training ethic you can still have problems with attitudes and personalities that seem to work against achieving the overall goal of becoming and maintaining a professional organization. Firefighter so and so wants to be an officer yet lacks basic people skills, is disorganized, doesn't appreciate the total scope of the job and the basic job requirements. All they know is that there is an officers helmet and special license plate for their POV. This person wants the title but and the power but nothing else. He does not want anyone upstaging him.

This appears to be your problem. Of course why would anyone call OSHA to rat out a volunteer fire dept? Someone who probably has lots of experience calling OSHA, someone who hates their regular job and this isn't a full time job...the pay is lousy. I would look at someone at the bottom of the pecking order, someone who is immature and doesn't understand the implications of their actions. Someone who wants to be the training officer? I don't see where you get anything benificial out of doing any of these things. And besides, there are much better ways to be a professional PITA so my inclination is to believe that you dont have a hand in any of this.

As far as maintence and paperwork issues, that is the Chiefs responsibility to see that it is completed. As training officer, you are responsible for completing the training records and holding the sessions, you are not responsible for enforcing attendence to your classes.

You seem to have a real problem on your hands. But, if the "stolen records" were not secured then I don't know how you could be blamed for this caper, I mean there has to be evidence of a crime before you can be charged.

I really don't have any real useful advice to give you however if you quit now then it looks to those who don't like you that you are guilty. However, overall you need a long term plan and a major part of that plan is is it worth being a member of this organization to put up with the crap? That's one of the things I don't like about volly groups, some one puts in 20 years, get a top position, makes one unpopular decision and the general pile-on takes place. I always tell myself, once this endevor stops being fun, I'm gone.

Good luck...

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

night all
    WAIT! I need some clarification from you Mr Sunshine and light. Am I a henchman or is George? Your sentence structure and syntax were very confusing.

But let me clear something up for you to add to your dining and dancing pleasure. I am no one's henchman and I am no ones leader here. People agree and disagree all the time, sometimes clamly and rationally (you might want to try this style newbie), and sometimes all wild and crazy and sometimes even threatening.

I find it fascinatiing that you have decided that I am such an icon in your life that you have to single me out for mention.

Clam down a little, maybe have a cold beverage, and work on your tan, because you are way too tense.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Your sentence structure and syntax were very confusing.

Clam down a little, maybe have a cold beverage, and work on your tan, because you are way too tense.
    Syntax???? Man I should have paid more attention in english class....haha

Last line in funny, haha sorry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFFVFD View Post
    Syntax???? Man I should have paid more attention in english class....haha

Last line in funny, haha sorry
    Hell, I thought he mispelled Sin Tax.

Shayne
    "Being talked to death is a terrible way to die"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by truthNaerials View Post
    …….this is all very interesting….. ……..coming from my background what i noticed most was who threw out unfounded accusations first and where this thread went south…… ……it looks like it started with the very first response…. being followed up by the “following multitude” who would rather be seen as nodding in agreement with george rather than thinking for themselves…………….

….if mr georgewendt really has the law enforcement background he seems to tout here so often…………i feel deeply sorry for anyone who has had to deal with his corruption in person……….. paranoia……inflammatory comments…….just useless

……………….to the original writer, good luck if what you say is true………I would leave this department… …keep in mind that the big letters posted here about “doing something constructive” was posted by a person who apparently lives more on this forum than in real life and is more concerned with how he looks to others than helping you with a decent post…......... hence his put downs…….. it makes him feel better about himself and his projected image here..........
    Just want to clarify here...are you accusing me of being a corrupt law enforcement officer? And of course, if you are, you have proof, right? Just want to clarify this.

MembersZone Subscriber

night all
    Of course you can read right? I mean, that is a prerequisite...OOPS big word...you really have to know how to read BEFIRE you get on your job, right? Becuae if it were, you would see that the only reason I brought up those websites was to prove my point that I am the least anonymous person on these forums. In fact, gutless, why don't you give me a call so we can chat?

Forum Member

…………well george, you make your best call……………you basically called this guy a liar with no proof and inflamed this post with apparent malice until no one felt comfortable posting any reply unless it was bolstering your sentiments. …………………i won’t be drawn into any further discussion about the matter……… ..i think your posts speak for themselves…………….

..........don't bother threatening me with calling you as you did FF2501......(aka - gutless in your words)

........oh....."""Becuae if it were""" Before you make fun of others spelling, you may want to correct your own first........

..i trust i am being clear enough...................

Forum Member

…………well george, you make your best call……………you basically called this guy a liar with no proof and inflamed this post with apparent malice until no one felt comfortable posting any reply unless it was bolstering your sentiments. …………………i won’t be drawn into any further discussion about the matter……… ..i think your posts speak for themselves…………….

..........don't bother threatening me with calling you as you did FF2501......(aka - gutless in your words)

........oh....."""Becuae if it were""" Before you make fun of others spelling, you may want to correct your own first........

Whats with all the dots? One simple period would be much more effective and make you look less like a fifth grader.

One thing I will say about George, and for the record me and him have not always been to fond of each other, is he is one of very few people who do not hide behind the computer screen. He's not afraid for everyone to know who he is and thats more than a lot of people can say.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-17-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

You not being clear, you write like a God-blessed idiot. I also don't think I make fun of people's spelling.

Inviting you to call me is certainly not a threat. You apparently have issues with me and I invited you to call me to speak man-to-man. You won't, and if you don't, it makes you gutless. Simple enough?

I absolutely believe the guy is lying in his posts. I'm not the only one. If people feel uncomfortable posting on an Internet forum like this because of one person's posts, than I am flattered as hell. I am one powerful person.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well wasn't this fun. Thank you to all who entertained the ide that I'm not lying and offered me some advice, some I didn;t like hearing but I needed to none the less. For the rest of you that think the earth is flat, or that I'm lying, george, I no longer care to try to get you to see my point, I realize that you are to close minded to do so. And george, you are not that powerful, you are pathetic, grow up.

MembersZone Subscriber

And george, you are not that powerful
    That was precisely my point.

MembersZone Subscriber

That was precisely my point.
    I know, well good luck to you all, even those that think I'm lying, this thread is dead.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by guardo83 View Post
    I know, well good luck to you all, even those that think I'm lying, this thread is dead.
    For some reason I have a feeling it's not. haha

Forum Member

Thumbs up

You not being clear, you write like a God-blessed idiot.
    just pathetic...

………..you’re guilty as charged (by yourself) mr wendt………in the first four words you wrote….

..let me lend you the ---“ARE”--- you seem to be missing in your above statement so it makes sense and you don’t sound like a “god blessed idiot”......

.......you're welcome.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........ .................................................. ........ .....................................

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

just pathetic...

………..you’re guilty as charged (by yourself) mr wendt………in the first four words you wrote….

..let me lend you the ---“ARE”--- you seem to be missing in your above statement so it makes sense and you don’t sound like a “god blessed idiot”......

.......you're welcome.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........ .................................................. ........ .....................................

Is there some particular reason why you have to fill every sentence with.....?

FyredUp

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Is there some particular reason why you have to fill every sentence with.....?

FyredUp
    He'd rather look like a fifth grade idiot than a normal human being.

Good work truthNaerials. You are truly spectacular.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

WOW I can't believe I've read that whole thread! There's twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowcap180 View Post
    WOW I can't believe I've read that whole thread! There's twenty minutes of my life I'll never get back.
    I can't beleive you actually read the whole thing. I don't feel bad for you!

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowcap180 View Post
    Yeh, I know...... All them dots take forever to read. You know........dot dot dot then a few more dots, followed by several more dots. But sometimes.......you have to read between the dots...........

Wow........these dots are habit forming.....
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information