Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Vindicator Nozzle Info

I'm looking for feedback with regard to "Strike Force, Vindicator" nozzles. Have read the New York and US Air Force tests, but I'm looking for companies/departments that are presently using the Vindicator nozzles. Has anyone seen any info regarding class A foam with these nozzles.

Go to the www.cityoflewisville.com and look under the fire dept. Find The training chief Scott Thompson. Call him and ask him about it. Lewisville a few yrs back went to all Vindicator nozzles and they did a lot of testing before they did. Also Houston Fire Dept has them. Hope that leads you to some info. Chris
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Winfield, Il has used them on our initial attack lines for several years and they work very well. Because of the air aspiration they work nice with all foam and see no reason it wouldn't work nice with class a also.
    Very impressive flow and a nice tool overall.

Forum Member

Default Vindicator Nozzle

I attended a class a few years back on the Vidicator. We were so impressed that we replaced all but one of our attack nozzles with them....gotta keep one smooth bore!

Captjake,you want to roadtest one?Come see me,you can try it out foam/no foam.We've got two of them on our attack Engine.I'm about 45 minutes from you.Pick a Sunday,we'll do lunch. T.C.

Forum Member

We have them in the panhandle of Texas. They do serve a good purpose. That being a great surround and drown nozzle if you can get close enough. Not alot of reach. You have zero flashover protection and you had better secure a water supply fast as these nozzles flow alot of gpm's! Just two cents worth.

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by flip418 View Post
    We have them in the panhandle of Texas. They do serve a good purpose. That being a great surround and drown nozzle if you can get close enough. Not alot of reach. You have zero flashover protection and you had better secure a water supply fast as these nozzles flow alot of gpm's! Just two cents worth.
    Please don't tell me you are a combo nozzle right for fight left for life subscriber? Because if you seriously expect to save yourself in a room that is flashing over with a fog stream forget it. Too little, too late.

As for the Vindicator we tried them out and the chief didn;t like them. I frankly thought it would be a good option for one of the crosslays, big water at lower nozzle pressure in a broken pattern style stream. How muc reach do you need? we were getting about 70 feet. Must have some big buildings inyour area if that isn;t enough reach.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by flip418 View Post
    You have zero flashover protection and you had better secure a water supply fast as these nozzles flow alot of gpm's! Just two cents worth.
    That sentence contradicts itself. The best protection you have from flashover is the gpm. As Fyredup said, you are only fooling yourself if you think a fog pattern will save you from a flashover. Truly you need to protect yourself and others by preventing the flashover from occuring in your presence through good ventilation, proper fireflow or not being there!

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    That sentence contradicts itself. The best protection you have from flashover is the gpm. As Fyredup said, you are only fooling yourself if you think a fog pattern will save you from a flashover. Truly you need to protect yourself and others by preventing the flashover from occuring in your presence through good ventilation, proper fireflow or not being there!
    This post was so beautiful it almost brought a tear to my eyes...

FyredUp

There's a lot of believers in the area here, City of Rockford is one of them and I believe uses them on their larger handlines. There's a couple of other departments around using them as well, Belvidere, Rockton. This is in IL.

I'd like to give them a shot, do a head-to-head with our smooth bores, but I need some more traditionalists to retire before they'll be taken for anything more than a gimmick. I think they have a place, but unfortunately I have bigger battles to fight on my department than over nozzles. At least we're running big orifice (I love that word) smooth bores on just about every line, with the exception of trash lines..

We had someone argue with us the other day over the validity of the personal portable monitors (as an example, the Blitzfire). Kind of reminded me when the comment was made above about gpms being your friend kind of thing. We've saved a few houses with well involved garage fires, very little initial manpower and 1000 gallons of water. Better to ambush the fire for a couple minutes with tank water than to **** on it for 15 and save a basement.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Smile Thanks for the input!

Thank you all for yor replies. I have been playing with these nozzles on and off for a couple of years when the chance has come my way. I feel they would be a beneficial additive to the tool box. It's just getting others to buy in, if you know what I mean.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Captjake,you want to roadtest one?Come see me,you can try it out foam/no foam.We've got two of them on our attack Engine.I'm about 45 minutes from you.Pick a Sunday,we'll do lunch. T.C.
    Thanks Rescue101! I'ld like to take you up on your offer.

Thread Information