Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Personal precautions/preparedness?

I dont know if this belongs in here or some other section, but oh well. Im sure it will get moved if need be. (its been posted before I think, but the search function isnt working again)

Considering the attacks in GB, and DHS warning of possible attacks on U.S. soil, what is everyone doing to prepare? Im talking personal wise, not necessarily dept-wise, although that could be included.

Personally, I have a bag with copies of important papers, EMS stuff, and other supplies, in case I need to leave in a hurry, or if I am stuck somewhere for an extended period. My fiance has one as well, as well as plans to get as far away from NYC as possible if (or actually, when) the defecation hits the oscillation again.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    I dont know if this belongs in here or some other section, but oh well. Im sure it will get moved if need be. (its been posted before I think, but the search function isnt working again)

Considering the attacks in GB, and DHS warning of possible attacks on U.S. soil, what is everyone doing to prepare? Im talking personal wise, not necessarily dept-wise, although that could be included.

Personally, I have a bag with copies of important papers, EMS stuff, and other supplies, in case I need to leave in a hurry, or if I am stuck somewhere for an extended period. My fiance has one as well, as well as plans to get as far away from NYC as possible if (or actually, when) the defecation hits the oscillation again.
    Power of Attorney for the misses to pay bills
    Living Will and a Will, military kinda wants all personnel to have both

3 pallets of duct tape and aluminum foil as per the DHS to protect my house
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Doc,

about the duct tape and foil, remember - Sticky side in and shiny side out!
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

MembersZone Subscriber fireslayer1237's Avatar

I know a guy that has a months worth of water food and other necessities to make it on his own. So I have a map zip tied to my .300 min mag to tree stand near his house.
    FOOLS
    RFB-KTF-DTRT

nothing really. we are located about 1 mile from the San Andreas Fault [think Loma Prieta Earthquake duiring the 89 SF Giants - Oakland A's World Series] so we have 2-3 weeks of food and water always on hand.

And unless they nuke the bay area with a big one I don't think they are going to bother with the woods on the top of the mountains where I live and work

Thread Information