Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Black customers suing Toys R Us for discrimination...shocker

So does this mean that I can sue Wal Mart and Sam's Club, since they both do the same thing??
    ANOTHER bogus lawsuit brought in the name of "discrimination"

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two black shoppers have sued Toys "R" Us saying they were subjected to racial discrimination and unjustified scrutiny at a store in New York.

Patricia Drayton and Valerie Kirk said in the lawsuit that the store in The Bronx, a borough of New York City, discriminated against them by asking them to show their sales receipts. The suit was filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Tuesday.

Drayton said in the lawsuit that she was stopped by a security guard at the door of the store and asked to show her receipt. After refusing to do so, she was made to wait while the employee checked with a cashier to see if she had purchased the merchandise, the lawsuit said.

According to court documents, Kirk was told by a man working at the story that Toys "R" Us's policy required that she show her receipt to him prior to leaving the story. Kirk said in the suit that she refused to comply and was banned from shopping there.

The lawsuit said black shoppers are subjected to compulsory inspection of their sales receipts while white shoppers are not.

The women are asking the court to give the suit class action status to represent all black shoppers who have been subjected to the same procedures by Toys "R" Us.

Metro One, which provides loss prevention services to retail stores, and several people employed by the two companies are also being sued by the women.

They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $200 million each on behalf of the class.

Representatives for Toys "R" Us and Metro One were not available for comment.

Toys "R" Us, the country's second-largest toy retailer, is owned by a consortium that includes Bain Capital Partners LLC, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Vornado Realty Trust.

The company still reports its financial performance because some of its bonds are publicly traded.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Wow. The words cry me a river,s**t a bridge and get over it come to mind. Obviously they never shop at COSTCO. Thats store policy, at least here.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Just give them a shovel so they can dig deeper and deeper

Forum Member

SAMS club also requires employees to check the carts and receipts of shoppers leaving the store. If you can't stand waiting maybe 10 seconds for someone to mark your receipt with a hi-lighter, then don't shop there.

It isn't like Toys R Us has the cheapest prices anyway.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post

No joke. It seems to also be my Wife's favourite spot to shop for our up coming baby!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post
    SAMS club also requires employees to check the carts and receipts of shoppers leaving the store. If you can't stand waiting maybe 10 seconds for someone to mark your receipt with a hi-lighter, then don't shop there.

But the item in the suit is about them being selected to show receipts while Caucasians were not.

Frankly, I think that moron Sharpton and his equally moronic friend Jesse Jackson will be by in 5.......4.......3........2.... ....1.......
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    But the item in the suit is about them being selected to show receipts while Caucasians were not.

Frankly, I think that moron Sharpton and his equally moronic friend Jesse Jackson will be by in 5.......4.......3........2.... ....1.......
    Oh cmon, they wont be there. They are too busy in Brooklyn supporting the families of the cops who got shot the other night ....wonder if those 3 mutts every shopped at Toys R Us?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Oh cmon, they wont be there. They are too busy in Brooklyn supporting the families of the cops who got shot the other night
    No there not around. They are down at Duke apologizing.
    This space for rent

MembersZone Subscriber

They're in Detroit burying the N-word. Biggest crock of crap I have ever heard of.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWickman View Post
    No there not around. They are down at Duke apologizing.
    Um yeah. I can totally debunk that one. Not a one of those racebaiters here in Durham. Nor have any of the scumbag faculty from Duke who essentially persecuted those boys apologized - and Duke protected them during their court settlement too.

Hence Duke will NEVER get a dime from me for the alumni collections. I do mean NEVER.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by mcfd45 View Post
    They're in Detroit burying the N-word. Biggest crock of crap I have ever heard of.
    Careful, or someone on these boards might accuse you of being a racist like he has accused me.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wonder how much money was spent on the burial. Most funerals cost a pretty penny. Could they have found something better to do with that money like send somebody to college?
    Not to mention if we tried to bury "honkey" they would be shouting. "Dat cracker needs to shut his mouf"
    Sorry just got off a shift in da hood.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

I wonder if they check your ticket prior to going into a movie it's discriminatory?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $200 million each on behalf of the class.
    $200 Mil?? That's only what.. 4 pairs of pants? They should have aimed higher.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information