Forum Member

Default Osceola County FD

Can anyone who works for Osceola County FD or anyone that is familiar with them tell me what is included in their testing for new hires?
    -Fire/EMS practicals
    -Physical Agility Test,
    etc.

A friend of mine told me they are pretty tough, but he could tell me specifics or to compare with other departments.

If anyone knows, I will definitely appreciate it.

Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Osceola county fire is one of the most up and coming departments around in central florida. They are constantly growing, and have good pay and a TON of kelly days.

With that being said, I do not know how how tough there agility/testing is. HOWEVER, my lead paramedic teacher for lab works for osceola, and I can find out for you tuesday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroPat View Post
    Osceola county fire is one of the most up and coming departments around in central florida. They are constantly growing, and have good pay and a TON of kelly days.

With that being said, I do not know how how tough there agility/testing is. HOWEVER, my lead paramedic teacher for lab works for osceola, and I can find out for you tuesday
    Thanks for looking into it for me PyroPat. Yes, I have heard more good than bad things about Osceola County. Plus the fact that the Department is rapidly growing to keep up with the population.

Again, thank.

Forum Member

i start emt school the end of this month at valencia community college and hope to start fire academy next......Osceola is the county i really want to work for!
    Hope they hire when i finish school

Floater for life!!

there is a written exam based on the IFSTA book...then you will take an EMS assessment and practical test....upon passing that you will move onto the Physical assessment which is basically a combat challenge.....all in all it took about 5 weeks to complete testing before i got the "your on the list" letter....about 4 weeks after that i recieved and offer letter and accepted......then it was on to 10 weeks of training....just some info

we are up and coming.....growing faster than we can hire except for the tax cuts and that stopped hiring for the year.....i have hears rumors of another process starting beginning of '08....kelly days are the best, benefits are excellent, pay is competitive.....with the growth expected in this dept i am glad i was chosen for a position and dont see myself workin anywhere else

Thread Information