Forum Member

Red face working out... how can i start?

i'm 13, and i want to be strong, really strong, so i can carry the dummy, and all that great stuff, yeah, i can lift the gurny, but big whoop, that's 70 pounds. so i was wondering if there's any special workouts i could do to build up my strength. we have a treadmill, a weight bench, and dumbells.
    All men are created equal, then a few become firemen.

MembersZone Subscriber

your 13 kid relax for a minute. your still growing up your body is developing. Don't go lifting big just do cardio stuff and lift some weights but don't take any shakes or crap like that. Glad to see you have some inthusiasim (sp) but seriously just relax a little. Size isn't everything it's heart.
    FOOLS
    RFB-KTF-DTRT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrfireemt View Post
    i'm 13, and i want to be strong, really strong, so i can carry the dummy, and all that great stuff, yeah, i can lift the gurny, but big whoop, that's 70 pounds. so i was wondering if there's any special workouts i could do to build up my strength. we have a treadmill, a weight bench, and dumbells.
    You must devour the still warm heart of your enemies, thus gaining their strength and determination.

Forum Member

Start by going with your parents to see your family doctor. Ask what kind of exercises someone of your age should be doing, what kind of food and how much you should be eating. From there develop an exercise plan with your parents, doctor, sports coaches, etc. Then work hard, study hard in school and keep a positive attitude.

Forum Member

You must devour the still warm heart of your enemies, thus gaining their strength and determination.
    I thought it had to still be beating.
    Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, kid. Chances are you'll only burn yourself out and end up hating it. Play some sports, take up backpacking, or something similar. If you must, start with good ol' pushups, pullups, and situps. Eat plenty of good food and cut out most of the junk. Heavy weight training is not what you need, right now. If you choose to try it, get some competent assistance who can lead you in the right direction.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SFDE37 View Post
    Start by going with your parents to see your family doctor....
    Might as well close the thread -- that's the perfect answer.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Wink

ok, thanks alot!

Forum Member

ok, thanks alot!
    Here's my advice: learn to BOX. It's great conditioning, a lot of pushups, etc. Make a deal with your parents to have the lessons as a birthday or Christmas gift. You won't regret it. By the time you get in high school you won't have to take any crap from anybody.

We have a boxing setup in the basement in our firehouse. More than once or twice differences have been settled down there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, kid. Chances are you'll only burn yourself out and end up hating it. Play some sports, take up backpacking, or something similar. If you must, start with good ol' pushups, pullups, and situps. Eat plenty of good food and cut out most of the junk. Heavy weight training is not what you need, right now. If you choose to try it, get some competent assistance who can lead you in the right direction.
    Badda Bing. Your Bones are still in an important growth stage. Keep off the heavy stuff until you are at least 16 YOA.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

Forum Member

Exclamation

umm, ok, i'll try boxing, i used to do karate, is that kind of like boxing? and just one question, how do you close a forum, i just dont think this one is worth keeping open, that's what the others are saying too.

Forum Member

Try cross fit if you want a good hard work out. Too boot it's quick as well!

Like the others have said though. Chill out. Your only 13.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-14-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

boxing is the way to go. Just... make sure you do it the right way. Try to find a gym where guy's can teach you. I took it up on my own and for the past 4 months havent been able to hit a bag due to a broken knuckle

crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women

Forum Member

That's a common misconception. The beating only has to do with electrical impulses, which is entirely biological. We're talking spiritual, here.

Forum Member

Question

ok, but how do you close a forum?

Forum Member

ok, but how do you close a forum?
    You don't. Don't worry about it.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

That's a common misconception. The beating only has to do with electrical impulses, which is entirely biological. We're talking spiritual, here.
    Don't you think eating a living heart would be more spiritual? I mean, warm is ok...but it's still dead, and the spirit has fled.

Forum Member

You don't. Don't worry about it.
    Exactly. And everything that goes wrong with it is your fault for starting it.
    I hope you're happy.

Forum Member

Don't you think eating a living heart would be more spiritual? I mean, warm is ok...but it's still dead, and the spirit has fled.
    You obviously subscribe to Teutonic Pagan ideas, whereas I approach things from a Gaelic perspective, which holds, among other things, that the warmth of the human body is generated by the presence of the soul.

Forum Member

Exclamation

umm, right, hree we go again, another forum where everyone is just fighting.

MembersZone Subscriber

A good way is to not sit in front of a computer asking how to get into shape on the internet or playing video game...go outside and do something...anything with some friends...you know that thing people did before Atari, interact with other humans!

And on a serious note...while taking a rest from swiming, runnning, playing ball with your friends...etc...go to a library and check out a book on fitness...that might help you.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    A good way is to not sit in front of a computer asking how to get into shape on the internet or playing video game...go outside and do something...anything with some friends...you know that thing people did before Atari, interact with other humans!

And on a serious note...while taking a rest from swiming, runnning, playing ball with your friends...etc...go to a library and check out a book on fitness...that might help you.

FTM-PTB
    Man, you are old? What was it like taking care of the horses at the station? Are you still using a Commodore 64?

I wonder if my parents still have my old Atari. Nothing better than that three man football game.

Forum Member

umm, right, hree we go again, another forum where everyone is just fighting.
    Be silent!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women
    For some reason, I feel that jrfireemt would have no interest in hearing this. good quote from Conan the Barbarian none-the-less.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been wanting to use that for so long.... I felt now was a 1/2 decent chance to use it

Forum Member

Cool

gosh, use what?

and by the way, i'll have you know, i'm on the computer for mabye half an hour a day, tops! the rest of the time, i'm either at Lagoon, or riding my bike.

Thread Information