Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Smile Im now part of the family

I am so excited to now be a explorer. I am working my way up to voulonteer then captain eventually. I am following in my fathers footsteps.

FE Engine Captain

Exclamation Welcome

First of all, welcome to the forums and also welcome to the fire service. As an explorer you will learn the basics of both the firematic and medical fields while gaining both physical and mental training. Please note though, that while you are now a part of the fire service, the road to becoming a volunteer is a long yet rewarding process and the road to being a line officer is an even longer process. Please don't get ahead of yourself but take the time to open your mind and ears and gain as much knowledge as possible to help your career in the fire service.

Again, Welcome and Good Luck Brother
    Last edited by SLFEEC06; 07-16-2007 at 05:16 PM.
    FE Engine Captain #06
    http://www.southlinefireexplorers.com
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

Quote Originally Posted by firekid17 View Post
    I am so excited to now be a explorer. I am working my way up to voulonteer then captain eventually. I am following in my fathers footsteps.
    Congrats, show up do what you need to do and asdk all kinds of questions. Don't let you fd actions ruin you schooling though. I allways say the fd will still be there when you're done with school. Read from some of the BONEHEADS that have been on here running their yappers acting like know it alls and smart asses in this section. Don't ever act that way! Learn from their mistakes.

Don't think that becoming an officer will be as soon as you become a ff. All of this takes time and alot of training. Good luck to you.

If no one else has said it clearly! Eyes and ears open!!! MOUTH SHUT. unless you have a smart question or an object is about to fall on her head.

but yah... try to learn as much as you can. ask questions that are relevant.
    Hope I did not sound rude or mean just looking out for you.

Hope you have fun and welcome to the Explorer community! (and juniors and cadets and all the other branches of our little world in the fire community).
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbutter y t0ast" - DFurtman

good luck, keep posting all of your experiances with the department, i love the stories!
    All men are created equal, then a few become firemen.

Welcome to the gang Kid. All I can tell you is try and make everything you do, good or bad, a learning experiance and take something away from it. Listen to what the Senior guys tell you, as in my eyes experiance is probably the best thing to learn from. Best of luck to you and enjoy!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Welcome man, and it looks like everyone has already given the advice, so I won't repeat it.

Let us know if you have any questions, they'll get answered.

Talking Welcome

Not trying to repeat any body but do like all the firefighters at my dept tell me do as they say not as they do. lol good luck.

Exclamation

yeah, i get the do as i say, not as i do stuff alot to, it's true, ecspecially if thier more experianced. trust me, they'll be taking a lot more risks than you'll even want to get close to. in the long run, it's better.

Quote Originally Posted by afrexplorer1 View Post
    Not trying to repeat any body but do like all the firefighters at my dept tell me do as they say not as they do. lol good luck.
    Take from an Lt. this is your best advise.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

Thumbs up Good for you

It is good to see the young generation wanting to follow in their parents footsteps. I did follow in my fathers and uncles. Now I am a safety officer in upstate New York

Quote Originally Posted by firekid17 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    Take from an Lt. this is your best advise.
    i'm with him

Congrats! I wish you all the best of luck. It's gonna be rocky and rough from time to time, but keep your head up high. Do not hesistate to ask questions.
    -Stay Safe
    Station 4-5-2
    Paradise Pennsylvania.
    Firefighter/EMT

Thread Information