makes good girls go bad

Default The Mutts keep popping up.....

In the face of this tax "reform", the county FD and SD wants a raise. I LOVE the people that attack them......Makes me want to roll out of bed and hit the reset button on the pager next time I hear a call......

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...707140323/1006

Oh Chief Woods, your favorite Floridians need some edumacation again!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    In the face of this tax "reform", the county FD and SD wants a raise. I LOVE the people that attack them......Makes me want to roll out of bed and hit the reset button on the pager next time I hear a call......

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...707140323/1006

Oh Chief Woods, your favorite Floridians need some edumacation again!
    Seeking to keep a hold on the tax increases in a county is not "attacking" public safety officers. According to the article, the salary freeze would be countywide.

I don't agree with salary freezes, but this is hardly an attack on the fire service. In fact...
    He also said he hasn't ruled out raises as the commission works toward approving a final budget Sept. 18.
    Also, according to the article, these guys have the highest starting pay in the area. So it certainly appears they have enjoyed the support of the local government in the past.

So....the word WOLF appears to be being cried here.

Banned

OK, so you are the Mayor. You have a budget deficit and need to cut spending or raise taxes. Raising taxes is very unpopular with the working class. Matter of fact, I personnally believe I pay way too much in taxes. My lovely government yanks a full 43% right off the top. That doesn't include sales taxes, property taxes, or any of the numerous fees I get hit with. Safe t osay the government takes 1/2 my paycheck . The only real solution is to reduce spending. So, if you are the Mayor, how do you cut spending? It's easy to complain, much harder to come up with an alternate solution.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Seeking to keep a hold on the tax increases in a county is not "attacking" public safety officers. According to the article, the salary freeze would be countywide.
    It is a statewide thing, salary freezes, and hiring freezes.

I don't agree with salary freezes, but this is hardly an attack on the fire service. In fact...
    I do believe that the union was promised a raise by the admin, so I can see why they are so ****ed.
    I wasnt so much talking about the article itself, it is the comments left by the public they serve, at the comment story page.

Also, according to the article, these guys have the highest starting pay in the area. So it certainly appears they have enjoyed the support of the local government in the past.
    Definatly NOT. Firefighters get hired on there to get a foot in the door, then go out to find a dept with better pay and benes.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    OK, so you are the Mayor. You have a budget deficit and need to cut spending or raise taxes. Raising taxes is very unpopular with the working class. Matter of fact, I personnally believe I pay way too much in taxes. My lovely government yanks a full 43% right off the top. That doesn't include sales taxes, property taxes, or any of the numerous fees I get hit with. Safe t osay the government takes 1/2 my paycheck . The only real solution is to reduce spending. So, if you are the Mayor, how do you cut spending? It's easy to complain, much harder to come up with an alternate solution.
    Did you even read the article? The taxes were cut by the state.

If the govt really takes 1/2 your paycheck, one of two things is true.
    You make alot of money.
    You are too stupid to move.

Either way, you have no sympathy from me.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Banned

Did you even read the article? The taxes were cut by the state.

If the govt really takes 1/2 your paycheck, one of two things is true.
    You make alot of money.
    You are too stupid to move.

Either way, you have no sympathy from me.
    Take your next paystub and do the math. It might surprise you. And pray tell where would I move to? I believe the state portion of my taxes is about 12%, the feds get the rest. But think about this. I live in NY state, one of the most liberal in the nation. NY leads the nation in the number of people leaving the state. Do you really want liberals running the country with this kind of track record?

And does it really mater who cut the taxes? The question was, if you are mayor, what would you do?

MembersZone Subscriber

It is a statewide thing, salary freezes, and hiring freezes.

I do believe that the union was promised a raise by the admin, so I can see why they are so ****ed.
    I wasnt so much talking about the article itself, it is the comments left by the public they serve, at the comment story page.

Definatly NOT. Firefighters get hired on there to get a foot in the door, then go out to find a dept with better pay and benes.
    You posted the article to support your argument that people were mutts for attacking the FD. I read the article again. It celarly says that the salary freeze was done at the county level. It also cites that that the starting FF pay is over $2G more than the starting cop pay, which is the highestin the county. I didn't make this stuff up. I got it from the article YOU posted. Sorry to confuse you with factsw (especially ones you supplied).

Thread Information