Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added a few comments

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

"I want this to be known," Flores said between sobs. "I want to warn all parents that they need to watch their kids at all times, because (Great America) doesn't do their job."

Or maybe YOU could do YOUR job as a parent and watch your kid! Absolutely ridiculous to blame Great America for the death of her child.

Sleep with angels, young Carlos
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

There are lots of things I could say about this, but it's not nice to call people names. But I will say this...what kind of parent just lets their 4 year old run loose in a water park, or any park for that matter? Maybe this'll make her take better care of her other child.

But then, accidents do happen. Perhaps she was a good mom, but in one stupid lapse of judgment...well...poor kid Maybe she is trying to shield herself by blaming the park instead of herself.

Of course she could just be a bad mom too.

What happened to Personal Responsibility? It went right out the door in America, along with basic rights for all with all the new Political Correct BS.

I just hope we as Americans (not say any of you are like this) start getting a bit tougher and take responsibility for some things. We need strong, self-independent individuals right now, not some "blame it all on someone else" .. "my crap don't stink" non-sense.

I'm praying... I just hope God answers.

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    where she had let the 4-year-old boy, Carlos Alejandro Flores, play unattended.
    Problem number 1.

"That's a lie that there were six," Flores said. "There's four lifeguards there. How can they not see my son? There's three walking and one sitting.
    Did she actually count them? Maybe she did. Maybe she did not, but how will she prove this in her eventual lawsuit? (And you know a hundred scumbag, ambulance chasing, bottom-feedign attorneys are salivating over this 7-figure settlement.

They weren't doing their job. He was in 2 feet of water. How could he drown?
    Obviously this lady lacks the common sense to recall basic science and physics that a person (even an adult) can drown in only a few inches of water.

"I want this to be known," Flores said between sobs. "I want to warn all parents that they need to watch their kids at all times, because (Great America) doesn't do their job."
    I do believe that this has already been appropriately addressed. She failed to do her job as well, but this lady does not mention that does she? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

"Bill Avery, an aquatic safety consultant in Orlando, Fla., who formerly worked for several amusement parks, said adult supervision is crucial during water play.
    Hmmmmmm. Ya think? A statement of the obvious. Or what used to be ovious at least. Sadly this needs to be said for those who lack what used to be common sense in child rearing, and in life in general.

"At a minimum, Great America should require all kids 6 and under wear life vests in the wave pool, and that an adult accompany them in the water," Crawford said.
    Why should the park require it? Oh yeah, because parents (this lady included) are too stupid to do it themselves.

I am so sick and tired of people who cannot use an ounce of common sense and do what is necessary for their own safety, and that of their children.

Yet I get chastised for losing faith in people anymore. Unbelieveable.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Instead of counting lifeguards she should have been watching her kid.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Personal responsibility?

It flies directly into the face of "It takes a village..."

Sorry. We watch our kids like hawks - and will until they are old enough to leave the nest (and even then, who knows ).
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Used to, it was pretty much the village that raised you. If you did something bad, you got smacked by everybody in the neighborhood and bit by their dog too. And by the time you got home...well my friend you knew better than to do it the next time. That's the "village" I'm acquainted with And you grew up with respect and decency.

But Nowadays, parents could care less. The "village" is grandma and grandpa, and various other family members. Parents do not want to have to tend to their kids. It interrupts their plans. They have too much to do, and don't want to do it with their kids.

And don't get me started on the cable company and Nintendo/Sony companies babysitting kids.

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Poor kid, didn't have a chance with a mother that stupid. Any good defense lawyer will take her statement of "parents better watch your kids because Great America won't" will use that to break the case. You can't pick your family.......where was the lifeguard in her gene pool when she was born??

Once again, defective parenting.....I rest my case.

Reference my original post........
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=92162
    Last edited by Dickey; 07-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah.................

Quote Originally Posted by Ladder8 View Post
    Personal responsibility?

It flies directly into the face of "It takes a village..."

Sorry. We watch our kids like hawks - and will until they are old enough to leave the nest (and even then, who knows ).

When they leave the nest, be sure they have their Cell Phone.......

And, Speaking of Villages, one is missing their idiot.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

There is no personal responsibility in this country. It'a always someone elses fault. Hence we have all kinds of special programs and quotas, lawyers all to quick to file a law suit, and juries to quick to give up millions of dollars. Think about that next time you spill your coffee in your lap while driving. I love those silly little signs, "Caution - Coffee may be hot"

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Well, I will tell you this:
    If some of the mothers at the pool where I am a member are any indication, authorities might want to check cell phone records of THIS mother.
    They might find out that she was taking a phone call about the same time the child went missing.
    When I was growing up, I swam at a lake where there were NO lifeguards.
    My mom had to jump in and save me on two separate occasions.
    I was shorter than four feet tall and the water got deeper as I went out.
    I had a good mom!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Thread Information