Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Firefighters in Utah, i need some help!

i was just wondering if you knew any department in utah that has a jr FF or explorer program?
    All men are created equal, then a few become firemen.

Quote Originally Posted by jrfireemt View Post
    i was just wondering if you knew any department in utah that has a jr FF or explorer program?
    Although I'm not from Utah thats a pretty big area to ask about. You may want to give a little bit more of a specific area so that someone may be able to help you.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

ok, let's see, davis County? or the Salt Lake Area

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaExplorer View Post
    Call 799-4167 for the Salt Lake City area.
    http://www.slcgov.com/fire/about_us/faq.htm
    where are you from?
    i'm guessing alabama. but i may be wrong.

FE Engine Captain

Exclamation Reply

Jrfireemt, just out of curiosity, have you searched for information before posting? I have searched this topic for you and within a minute I found information. The first place you could start would be by checking your local fire department or local government website or by calling the fire department headquarters and simply asking. Please take this into consideration.

And also, Alabamaexplorer is from Alabama. This could be seen under his name where it says location. Welcome to the forums.

Hope this helps
    FE Engine Captain #06
    http://www.southlinefireexplorers.com
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

yeah, thanks, i know i was asking him sarcasticaly because he was giving me info about utah, and he's in alabama. but yeah, i did search, and i didnt see anything. i live in farmington, and we dont have a junior explorer program here. and thanks.

and like it says under my name... i've been here since april. that's been a while.

FE Engine Captain

and like it says under my name... i've been here since april. that's been a while.
    I made the statement "Welcome to the forums" not in a welcome to the forums but a welcome to the fire service and firefighting topics due to your lack in age and experience. I commend you on your interest in the fire service and hope you continue with your quest to become a firefighter and EMT-B or EMT-I or EMT-P whatever your fancy may be.

Good Luck
    FE Engine Captain #06
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

Forum Member

yeah, thanks, i know i was asking him sarcasticaly because he was giving me info about utah, and he's in alabama. but yeah, i did search, and i didnt see anything. i live in farmington, and we dont have a junior explorer program here. and thanks.

Only a couple months, thats not really that long compared to some of the ppl around here.

yeah, i now, thanks. and btw, that was a couple hours ago, when i was reading my other thread where some guy wasnt being so nice., so i didnt really think aobut what i was reading in more than one way. and i was mad. but thanks.

FE Engine Captain

Post Reply: No Problem

yeah, i now, thanks. and btw, that was a couple hours ago, when i was reading my other thread where some guy wasnt being so nice., so i didnt really think aobut what i was reading in more than one way. and i was mad. but thanks.
    I understand entirely, and during the reading of the thread you are referring to, I was becoming a little "steemed" as well. Just wanted to reply to let you know that no offense was taken and I really am glad you are taking such an interest into the fire service. Good luck again with finding an area explorer post and I wish you well on your quest to become a firefighter/paramedic.

Good Luck
    FE Engine Captain #06

Question

thanks for understanding. and i have just one question, your from new york, right? ok, so how long have you been in the fire service, and what's your rank?

FE Engine Captain

thanks for understanding. and i have just one question, your from new york, right? ok, so how long have you been in the fire service, and what's your rank?
    I have been involved in the fire service for about two years and four months. I am a fire explorer and within my post of twelve members, I am first engine captain and right now am performing president duties. I've been around the fire service since I was born and have dreamed about the day of being a fire explorer and now dream about the day of being a firefighter.

SLFEEC06
    FE Engine Captain #06

so exactly how old are you, cause if you started explorer at 16, then 4 months ago you could have been a firefighter, right?

MembersZone Subscriber

so exactly how old are you, cause if you started explorer at 16, then 4 months ago you could have been a firefighter, right?
    Not a firefighter a Jr. Firefighter. One that is between 16 to 18 yr of age.

T.J.

I joined the explorers at 14, maybe he did the same...

FE Engine Captain

Post Sorry for the Confusion

Sorry for the confusion jrfireemt. I am sixteen years old which means I joined my explorer post at the age of fourteen.
    FE Engine Captain #06

ahh, right, got it. yeah, i cant find any jr FF or explorer programs here. well, i found one, and it's called cadets. i'm trying to get some more info on it.

ahh, right, got it. yeah, i cant find any jr FF or explorer programs here. well, i found one, and it's called cadets. i'm trying to get some more info on it.
    Cadets is another common term to describe Fire Explorer/Jr. to my knowledge.

Give it a shot, get more info as you said. I'd be interested to hear if they're much different to the other fire programs out there, and what their minimum age limit is?

Unhappy

yeah, i've run into a problem, ok a few problems. thier minimum age limit is 16. so it's probably explorer. and their down in murray, and i'm in farmington. so it's way to far, and so i can't do it. but there's none around. so i'm pretty much screwed!

Thread Information