Forum Member

Talking Kurt is coming to North Central Texas

The Aledo Volunteer Fire Department is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a two day Kurt Bradley grant seminar on December 8th and 9th. I know we are still waiting for this years AFG announcements but itís never too early to start planning for next year. Aledo is just 15 minutes west of Fort Worth off of I20, so mark your calendars and plan to attend. Further information is available on request.

Forum Member

Here is an e-mail address if anyone would like more information on the Aledo, Texas seminar.

assistantchief@aledofd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Aledo, I will be contacting you this week, I will help you recruit from the Ellis county area and any other help you need. Thanks for getting this together for North Texas!!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jslovak View Post
    Aledo, I will be contacting you this week, I will help you recruit from the Ellis county area and any other help you need. Thanks for getting this together for North Texas!!
    Thanks jslovak. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Also for anyone else interested there is a link on the Chief Supply web site now showing the date of our seminar. You can register there or e-mail me at the above address. I have already gotten information requests from out of state, OK & MO, so I will be putting together a list of motels and hotels to be available soon.

Forum Member

O.K. for those of you who got the dreaded DJ this past week like we did, (DJ on our vehicle app), it is time to start looking to next year. So here is a friendly reminder to get yourself registered for a grant writing class. We will be hosting Kurt on December 8th and 9th. To hold your place in this seminar get those registration forms in ASAP. Remember, you do not have to pay until the first day of the class.

For those of you still in the game, Good Luck.

Forum Member

We still have some openings left and the 2008 AFG is just around the corner. Anyone interested in coming to North Central Texas should get those registrations in now.

MembersZone Subscriber

David I am really looking forward to coming out there. As big as texas is, I don;t think you will have nay problems gttingthis class filled. I have been hearing form quite afew departments in Texas, OK and NM lately that are already in possession of DJ notices for this year. Time to get off the fence folks and get into one of these smeinars and learn what you are doing wrong. Don;t wait till the last monute and then find that I will not be near where you are; get signed up today. This will be one of my only remaiining appearances in the far West this year.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

David I see you have had a few more registartions for your seminar. Keep at it.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

For those of you still sitting on the fence it is time to get off and get yourself into a grant seminar. We still have a few openings and the early-bird registration ends on 11/08/07. Remember, to take advantage of this $50 savings all you have to do is register. No payment is due until the first day of the seminar. You can register by going to the Chief Supply web site,(www.chiefsupply.com/grants/seminar-depts.asp), or by contacting me at assistantchief@aledofd.com. We already have registrants from across North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas so this should prove to be a fun and educational experience. Hope to see you there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AVFD34 View Post
    For those of you still sitting on the fence it is time to get off and get yourself into a grant seminar. We still have a few openings and the early-bird registration ends on 11/08/07. Remember, to take advantage of this $50 savings all you have to do is register. No payment is due until the first day of the seminar. You can register by going to the Chief Supply web site,(www.chiefsupply.com/grants/seminar-depts.asp), or by contacting me at assistantchief@aledofd.com. We already have registrants from across North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas so this should prove to be a fun and educational experience. Hope to see you there.
    Yep, it's offcial I will be there come rain, snow or sleet! Ya'll come!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt,

We all know that there wont be any snow in Texas, maybe just ice. But then again, you are know for bringing it along with you every where else you go!! Look forward to seeing you there.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am done making weather predictions; I only promise I will show up.LOL!!!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    I am done making weather predictions; I only promise I will show up.LOL!!!
    Even that was a little dicey last March!! Seems like you had to land at a few extra airports while some of us on the ground were trying to figure out how to get you here from Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Indy or Keokuk!!

In the end, you did show up and thanks to a 24 hour Wal-Mart even got clean clothes for the next day. What a night.

earl

Forum Member

Last Chance. The latest round of DJ's are out and if you got one then you need to get into a grant writing class. We have 22 signed up for our class and room for more. This is the only class Kurt will be doing in North Texas before the next round of AFG so get off the fence and register. Class dates are December 8th and 9th. Contact assistantchief@aledofd.com for more info or to register.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

If you can't make that one with Kurt, I'll be giving 3 around DFW in Jan and 5 across the state in Feb.

Don't take it as biased against those that aren't, but at last check there are only two grant workshops designed specifically for Fire & EMS. (Other than the DHS ones that everyone needs to go to also.) And I did that search last month. Not many people/companies teaching grant workshops in general actually. Any education is good, specific edutation is better, so here are your two opportunities to make one or both.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep, time for both of us to start living out of a suitcase, racking up air and hotel miles and burning up cell phone minutes and air card time too. I am in Nashville, TN/Aledo, TX / Johnstown, PA all before Xmas. Don't procrastinate and sit on the fence folks, I believe anyone in here that has been to one of our seminars will vouch for how much it can help you in these programs. Only 3 more chances at AFG till funding runs out in 2010 so you need to use it, or lose it!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

We almost cross, you're out of TN as I'm working my way up there next week, and then you're in Western PA while I'm on the other side of the Delaware in NJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK Texas, ready, set , go here I come. See you on Sat & Sun in Aledo!!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, as usual, finish the seminar and everyone is rushing out to drive home before the ICE storm hits tonight here in Dallas/Ft Worth area. I am truly cursed it seems. 37 degree shift in temperature from yesterday to today. You gotta love the irony of it all.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information