Thread: 3-D Ultrasounds

Forum Member

Default 3-D Ultrasounds

This was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. The Wife and I went down to Toronto yesterday and had this done. It's brings things into a much more realistic view. You can actually see the baby smiling and damn near anything you want. Any up and comer parents, I would highly suggest getting this done if it's available in your area. Definitely go before we did. They suggest 28 weeks but we went at 36. Here's a couple photo's:
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Hook & Can

That's cool! Wish we had it as an option for ours. Much easier to make things out.

And BTW...Congratulations!!

Forum Member

Because of the cost and unnecessary nature of 3-D ultrasounds, they are typically reserved here in the United States for assessment of birth defects or suspected birth defects. They work great in assessing cleft pallets, Spina Bifida, Down's Syndrome, and other issues when you may need to determine a lot of issues that can be treated in first few days of birth or that can be repaired in-utero.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine3Probie View Post
    That's cool! Wish we had it as an option for ours. Much easier to make things out.

And BTW...Congratulations!!
    It's definitely cool. I will try and get this done probably for every child after this one too. And Thank You.

DaSharkie I can see where that would be usefull in determining that stuff. Your right it is quite costly too. It was worth it though.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-16-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Awwwwwwww How sweet! Thanks for posting those!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    DaSharkie I can see where that would be usefull in determining that stuff. Your right it is quite costly too. It was worth it though.

I wish you well in rearing the rug rat.

Another thing that popped up on me..................Sort of takes the surprise out of seeing what the li'l runt is going to look like when it says "I'm here!"
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Because of the cost and unnecessary nature of 3-D ultrasounds, they are typically reserved here in the United States for assessment of birth defects or suspected birth defects. They work great in assessing cleft pallets, Spina Bifida, Down's Syndrome, and other issues when you may need to determine a lot of issues that can be treated in first few days of birth or that can be repaired in-utero.
    Because of my wife's nearly intolerable suffering during her high risk second pregnancy, one of the "perks" was that the OB wanted us to have one of these so insurance took care of it. It was pretty neat, to say the least, and at least a minor reward for a horrible pregnancy. At least the end product was worth the suffering, according to the wife. I like the kids too, but I didn't have to endure what she did.

Good looking kid by the way.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Must look like the mother. We know you aint that pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Must look like the mother. We know you aint that pretty.
    It does THANK GOD.

Less than a month now, well hopefully anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801
    Because of my wife's nearly intolerable suffering during her high risk second pregnancy, one of the "perks" was that the OB wanted us to have one of these so insurance took care of it. It was pretty neat, to say the least, and at least a minor reward for a horrible pregnancy. At least the end product was worth the suffering, according to the wife. I like the kids too, but I didn't have to endure what she did.

Good looking kid by the way.
    Yeah it's nice in that respect. It will allow you to get a good all around view and see if everything is tickity-boo or not. I definitely don't want to experiance what she is going through. OWWWIEEEEE
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-16-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Ryan

Thread Information