Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Wisconsin Department Politics

I've been trying to get on a rural volunteer department near my house for roughly a few years, their member status isn't what it use to be and it is below their maximum limit according to the by laws they don't have. Their website claims they are always looking for new members, but they won't even give me an answer as to why they won't even let me do the probationary year. Besides giving up, Is their another avenue to use as leverage being a federally funded organization? I have taken the new Ifsac Cert 1, along with many other classes. I'm way over their requirements list, any advice will help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubleduty View Post
    I've been trying to get on a rural volunteer department near my house for roughly a few years, their member status isn't what it use to be and it is below their maximum limit according to the by laws they don't have. Their website claims they are always looking for new members, but they won't even give me an answer as to why they won't even let me do the probationary year. Besides giving up, Is their another avenue to use as leverage being a federally funded organization? I have taken the new Ifsac Cert 1, along with many other classes. I'm way over their requirements list, any advice will help.
    First off....huh?

Kind of tough to decipher really what you are trying to say here. Also I'm in WI as well and don't know what you are talking about as being a federally funded organization. Also the dept is below max limits according to by laws they don't have. Again...huh?

For the most part a little more clarity is needed along with some more details in order to get a good response. First off, have you even applied to the dept? Just because you think you have the certifications may not be the case. Second, just because you are ifsac cert 1 (whatever that is) doesn't mean you have exactly what they are looking for. Along with that, being a rural dept, (guessing volunteer) sometimes it isn't what you have, it is who you know.

Have you talked to anyone on the dept about getting on or are you just contacting the website? Have you talked to the chief? Are you absolutely sure you have the requirements they are looking for? Do you have a bad reputation in the area?

Frankly, I have no clue and need more information as to the situation. Sometimes if you don't have the proper attitude, all the qualifications in the world won't guarantee you a spot. As for being IFSAC certified, that may not mean a hill of beans either. Perhaps the dept wants only WI state certs or will send you to school, perhaps they have enough members and haven't updated the site, could be budget issues, etc. It is hard to say. Definately need more details here. I have no clue what dept you are trying to get on, your avatar says SW WI....there are many depts around there. Need more info.

Another thing...

How old are you? Is there relevance to you posting this in the Jr./Explorer forum? Your profile states you have 10 years affiliated with the fire and emergency services yet you're only IFSAC 1 (whatever that means.) Ever been affiliated with any other departments? do you have a reputation that precedes you?

-Damien

Could you please provide us with more details? Based on the information you gave, my advice would be to attempt contacting the chief of that department and let him know that you are interested.

You need to give us more info. How old are you?

If you are underage, some departments do not have explorer programs so therefore do not accept anyone under 18 years old.

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox0457 View Post
    Could you please provide us with more details? Based on the information you gave, my advice would be to attempt contacting the chief of that department and let him know that you are interested.
    I accidentally posted it on explorer and didn't know how to unpost it and move it to a different category, but contacting the chief is out, he is an unresponsible drunk like half the department is. Apparently they are scared to let someone with schooling and knowledge on that might make them look bad.

No wonder they don't want you. Go away.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

I accidentally posted it on explorer and didn't know how to unpost it and move it to a different category, but contacting the chief is out, he is an unresponsible drunk like half the department is. Apparently they are scared to let someone with schooling and knowledge on that might make them look bad.
    Wow, your not even on the dept yet you know everything about everyone. You seem like another guy we had on here not too long ago. You get a bit of schooling and automatically think your the cats ***** and then no dept is good enough for you. Get over yourself hotshot. Your not impressing anybody.

To reiterate nmfire, Go Away
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-31-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by double duty View Post
    I accidentally posted it on explorer and didn't know how to us post it and move it to a different category, but contacting the chief is out, he is an irresponsible drunk like half the department is. Apparently they are scared to let someone with schooling and knowledge on that might make them look bad.
    If you approached them with 1/10th of the attitude that you showed here no wonder they do not want you. Change your attitude dude and get over yourself. Certs don't mean ***** especially if you think you already know it all.

T.J.

Forum Member

but contacting the chief is out, he is an unresponsible drunk like half the department is. Apparently they are scared to let someone with schooling and knowledge on that might make them look bad.
    Seems to me, some super educated, certified and schooled kid would be smart enough to not work with a bunch of drunks, as you say. Maybe bring your knowledge and qualifications to another department. Seems pretty simple you may not have what they are looking for. Qualications don't mean squat if you have the **** poor attitude.

However, again what exactly is ifsac cert 1 and these other classes you have?

You also stated they are below the max limit of members according to the laws, they don't have. Little clarification? I'm in WI and have no clue what you are referring to. Also even if there is a max limit they are below....just a little common sense would say they are below the MAX, not the MINIMUM, so in that sense, they may have good numbers, even if not as great as in the past. You would think you would catch that with all the education and ifsac cert 1 and all.
    Last edited by jccrabby3084; 08-01-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Thread Information