1. #51
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    Your right he did quit but I wonder, what if anything would've been said if his bosses house had been on fire. Not trying to start anything but I don't think we know enough to coment. Can he get the other firefighter to coment on this? We all know that some people don't even thing about us till we are needed.
    Yes you are trying to start something. It didn't happen therefore, it is irrelevant. I know plenty because the person involved posted. I, and others are dealing in the real world with facts. You want to play "Fantasy Fire Fighting" with nonsensical hypotheticals.

  2. #52
    Forum Member
    CodeBlueEMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Franklinton, North Carolina
    Posts
    23

    Default

    My pager has an on/off knob.

    Shayne
    "Being talked to death is a terrible way to die"

  3. #53
    Forum Member
    GFD748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greenback TN. Loudon County
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Yes you are trying to start something. It didn't happen therefore, it is irrelevant. I know plenty because the person involved posted. I, and others are dealing in the real world with facts. You want to play "Fantasy Fire Fighting" with nonsensical hypotheticals.
    I'm glad you live in a perfect world. I just asked a question. Sorry you didn't understand
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4

    Default

    well i appreciate all and i mean all of these kind words of support from my fellow brothers across the country(somewhat sarcastic). a few days have passed and ive let the pot be stirred and settle. me quitting really isnt a big deal im not trying to sound like i dont need the money, im in a situation where ive accomplished the task of not really having alot if bills. so me quiting isnt really that big of an issue for me. my actions are something i have to deal with, and i have enough confidence in my skills that ill have another job in no time at all. i am fairly new to the fire service compared to some of you, but should my dedication to my fire co. be ridiculed?? yes i could've asked my chief to be released but under the circumstances i felt the need to stay. it may sound like it was just babysitting a hunk of garbage, but regardless we(meaning my fire co.) were told to secure the scene and instead of other members having to stay a select few of us choose to stay to free up other members who cant afford to miss work. the other firefighter who also was suspended happens to need the money a little more than i do,and thats why he choose to eat the 2 day suspension. the company that i worked for well in my opinion is trying to use my attendance as the reason for the suspension. well my point is that if i ve missed so many so called unexused days why weren't any actions taken prior. im not trying to point fingers but there are alot more co-workers that took alot more time off then me and no actions were taken. they got caught behind the 8 ball and once they realized they were wrong for suspending me for being on a major inncident they grabbed at the next best thing. like i said prior to this post if i would have called out sick instead of calling out for a fire co. related inncident i honestly dont think i wouldve have been suspended. with all that being said i thank all of my fellow brothers who supported my action wether i was right or wrong. and for the ones who ridiculed me well i guess your from somewhere else where brotherhood doesn't exist right, wrong, or indifferent

  5. #55
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22

    Default

    George so now that we know the other guy was also suspended I guess I was right to say the company was being unfair to these employees as stated in my previous post. 1 firefighter maybe 2 ..ll no I dont think so. The company is a bully. I bet your attitude would change if your boss said something negative about you volunteering or gave you a couple days off.

  6. #56
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maud724 View Post
    I bet your attitude would change if your boss said something negative about you volunteering or gave you a couple days off.
    If I am not mistaken, I do believe that George does volunteer. That being said, he is wise enough, and mature enough to understand the following:

    1. His volunteer Dept. does not pay his mortgage or his utility bills, or place food on his table.

    2. His full-time employer DOES pay for these things by means of a salary.

    3. In exchange for said salary, George provides his employer with special services and the labor required to accomplish the goals set by his employer.

    4. That he needs to be 100% for his full-time job, because thats where his moral obligations lie.

    Therefore, his attitude changing is a moot point.

    In the meantime, I reside somewhat close to where this incident occurred. Apparently these two knuckleheads made it a very bad habit to take in each and every run they possibly could, costing their employer thousands of dollars. They were warned numerous times to be at work on time, every time. Really people, would it have been too much for these guys to approach the incident commander (of the pile of non-burning trash incident) at 5am or so, and say "Hey, we need to get to work, can we get released and get trasnport back to the station?"
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  7. #57
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maud724 View Post
    George so now that we know the other guy was also suspended I guess I was right to say the company was being unfair to these employees as stated in my previous post. 1 firefighter maybe 2 ..ll no I dont think so. The company is a bully. I bet your attitude would change if your boss said something negative about you volunteering or gave you a couple days off.
    We do not know squat about the other guy, except that he got suspended. For example, we know nothing about his attendance record or work habits. We do not even know what his job title is. So, as I said before, it is not even a factor in this discussion.

    As far as my attitude, I am a volunteer. Have been for a long time. Not anywhere near as active as I used to be. But I don't care what the circumstances, I will not jeopardize my full-time, feed my famiy job for the volunteer work for any reason. At all.

  8. #58
    Forum Member
    THEFIRENUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post

    In the meantime, I reside somewhat close to where this incident occurred. Apparently these two knuckleheads made it a very bad habit to take in each and every run they possibly could, costing their employer thousands of dollars. They were warned numerous times to be at work on time, every time. Really people, would it have been too much for these guys to approach the incident commander (of the pile of non-burning trash incident) at 5am or so, and say "Hey, we need to get to work, can we get released and get trasnport back to the station?"
    Well....there you go!!

    I know that this is just "hear-say", but it sounds sensible to me. It would be the best explanation for the company to do what they did. What we need now is for these two firefighters to come in here and tell us their story (and I do mean the "whole" story) and then we can put this to rest.

    Then again, we could just keep speculating until something else comes along that we can talk about.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

    Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

    ** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

  9. #59
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    89

    Default

    In the States that have laws to protect firefighters from being let go for missing work for emegencies, just means they will look for other things to let you go for. After watching the video, it actual sounds like he was given a 2 day suspension, he was the one to choose to quit, so it doesn't sound like he was actually fire, unless I missed something.

  10. #60
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,278

    Default

    Let me see if I have this right. This guys boss warned him repeatedly about being late or missing work. He chose to go on and stay at every call he could and missed work on STANDYBY calls or nuisance calls. When his boss suspended him he quit his job.

    Okay, my thoughts.

    When I was chief I told people I understood there would be times they wouldn't be able to respond. I made it clear family first, job second, FD third. I understand that being a volunteer doesn't pay the billls and there has to be priorities.

    This whole thing seems like a guy who had his priorities all fouled up. Unless he lives with his parents his life is going to get exciting soon.

    FyredUp

  11. #61
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I know guys like this.....and they just have to go to every call no matter what it is or what time of day it is.....at my dept we're told that if you can't commit at least two hours then don't show up, plain and simple.......sounds like this clown got what he deserved.....I feel for the company, they are getting painted black because this guy decided he was gonna be "bobby big-wheels" and show them by quitting because of his dedication to his community........I just have one thing to say to this genius: GET A LIFE, GET A CLUE, GROW UP, AND QUIT BEING A LITTLE GIRL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EVERY SINGLE CALL OR SKIP OUT OF WORK

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default I am humbled by your greatness

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. This guys boss warned him repeatedly about being late or missing work. He chose to go on and stay at every call he could and missed work on STANDYBY calls or nuisance calls. When his boss suspended him he quit his job.

    Okay, my thoughts.

    When I was chief I told people I understood there would be times they wouldn't be able to respond. I made it clear family first, job second, FD third. I understand that being a volunteer doesn't pay the billls and there has to be priorities.

    This whole thing seems like a guy who had his priorities all fouled up. Unless he lives with his parents his life is going to get exciting soon.

    FyredUp

    No, the man was NOT warned, nor was the other fireman. Incidentally, Tim has no financial or familial responsibilities that would be damaged by his actions stated here.

    As for berating him in this forum, and expecting that he should present here with, as was said, the "whole" story, I can say this, DON'T DO IT.

    Tim, don't waste another second with this, those who have an honest mind and a sense of brotherhood to the service may or may not agree with your actions or course, but do understand your motivations, and most importantly, your right to take your chosen course.

    The others that seem to have nothing more than time to sit here and posta prejudicial judgement over their brothers, are service orphans, and not deserving of any further explanation, for their minds are closed, and they shall not see.

    For example, FWDbuff remarks the he lives "somewhat nearby", accuses incorrectly that the men involved made it a "BAD HABIT" of hiotting every call?, and then proceeds to refer to the firemen involved in this as "knuckleheads."

    Nice. That being said, I'm sure FWDbuff and George and the other few who post incessantly feel much better, and will continue their journey thru society spreading respect and tolerance of their fellow man.

    But I am also wise, and I am also mature. And FWDbuff and George and the other few are no fireman, at least not in heart.

    I have no more to say to them, but to anyone else who may feel that he must follow his heart and be true to himself, I will say this. Call me, I'll go thru the door with you.

  13. #63
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54

    Unhappy Thank GOD Somebody Wants to Volunteer

    Quote Originally Posted by maud724 View Post
    George I have never commented on one of your qoutes before but are you understanding they gave two firefighters a 2 day suspension. This is not just one isolated fireman. I could understand if it was just this one firefighter (Maybe). But 2, I would side with the firefighters on this incident. I think the other firefighter would not speak out because of fear of losing his job after a he serves his 2 day suspension for helping out people. As a fire chief myself if a company suspended two volunteers the day after they worked a plane crash for 16 hours my comments would not have been (I UNDERSTAND BOTH SIDES). If this was such a bad employee why not wait until a later date and then fire him but instead they give two firefighters a 2 day suspension the day after a major incident. This just goes to show the increasing lack of support for volunteers period. The company should have never threw the volunteer fire department into the mix. How can you say his behavior is foolish when he was standing up for what he thinks is a good cause. If everyone was suspended for calling off the next day for helping out the volunteer fire department on a major incident that would include alot of volunteers including myself. Do you think the volunteers that lost thier jobs in Oklahoma were foolish when they lost thier jobs for protecting the many homes including thier own. My job however understands that if I work a structure fire all night that I am not going to come in the next day. Yes I understand he may have quit on his on, but this was also done to bring attention to the companys poor pratices of supporting the volunteer fire department. Because if he would not have quit we would not be posting on this thread.
    Thankyou Chief!

    As a non FF, it's highly commendable, in my opinion, that anybody would have the passion to go into a volatile situation that he/she may not live through b/c that person possesses the passion to save a life at all costs, most especiwhen there is zero compensation. If I were in that plane crash, I would feel a great debt of gratitude knowing aman out there was putting his life on the line for me to survive and he was getting zero monetary compensation and apparently, zero moral support from the powers that be. Rest assured, judging by the number of non FF's that read these threads, there are many peoplle who are rooting for this gentleman.

  14. #64
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,278

    Default

    damn double posts
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-24-2007 at 03:12 AM.

  15. #65
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,278

    Default

    Support for what? The guy QUIT his job. He wasn't fired. HE QUIT. Because his priorities said standbys for the FD were more important than giving his boss a fair shake on a days work.

    FyredUp

  16. #66
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer737 View Post
    Thankyou Chief!

    As a non FF, it's highly commendable, in my opinion, that anybody would have the passion to go into a volatile situation that he/she may not live through b/c that person possesses the passion to save a life at all costs, most especiwhen there is zero compensation. If I were in that plane crash, I would feel a great debt of gratitude knowing aman out there was putting his life on the line for me to survive and he was getting zero monetary compensation and apparently, zero moral support from the powers that be. Rest assured, judging by the number of non FF's that read these threads, there are many peoplle who are rooting for this gentleman.
    There ARE millions of people who put their lives on the line every day w/o monetary compensation. There are also millions of them who realize it is a volunteer position and are mature enough to realize that jeopardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head i(which s an adult's fundamental responsibility in life) is foolish.

    It's bloody obvious you are not a FF. BTW, where is this legion of people who have come to this guy's defense?

  17. #67
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    There ARE millions of people who put their lives on the line every day w/o monetary compensation. There are also millions of them who realize it is a volunteer position and are mature enough to realize that jeopardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head i(which s an adult's fundamental responsibility in life) is foolish.

    It's bloody obvious you are not a FF. BTW, where is this legion of people who have come to this guy's defense?
    Well said George. I love being a volunteer firefighter but my family is the number one priority. The VFD doesn't not support them. Plain and simple. This is by far one of the most boneheaded things I've ever heard of. I hope this guy does not have a family to support.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  18. #68

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up Chazz2771 knows everything

    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz2771 View Post
    I know guys like this.....and they just have to go to every call no matter what it is or what time of day it is.....at my dept we're told that if you can't commit at least two hours then don't show up, plain and simple.......sounds like this clown got what he deserved.....I feel for the company, they are getting painted black because this guy decided he was gonna be "bobby big-wheels" and show them by quitting because of his dedication to his community........I just have one thing to say to this genius: GET A LIFE, GET A CLUE, GROW UP, AND QUIT BEING A LITTLE GIRL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EVERY SINGLE CALL OR SKIP OUT OF WORK
    I should hope that you never experience the trauma of having a loved one or friend in danger of death or injury, and that their help was delayed because they had to wait for responders to gather that had at least 2 hours to spare because the others didn't show up.

    I say that I should hope this, but lets be real, because in reality an arrogant, self serving, self rightous and self centered ridge rat like yourself wouldn't really have any friends or loved ones that he would care about, now would he?

    Oh, and "I just have one thing to say to this genius: GET A LIFE, GET A CLUE, GROW UP, AND QUIT BEING A LITTLE GIRL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EVERY SINGLE CALL OR SKIP OUT OF WORK" is actually "6" things said, you could count that on one hand and one other place, if you ever get your head out of your ***** long enough to peek.

  19. #69
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    There ARE millions of people who put their lives on the line every day w/o monetary compensation. There are also millions of them who realize it is a volunteer position and are mature enough to realize that jeopardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head i(which s an adult's fundamental responsibility in life) is foolish.

    It's bloody obvious you are not a FF. BTW, where is this legion of people who have come to this guy's defense?
    George I have a very interesting point for you since you brought it out. You stated "There are millions of them who realize it is a volunteer position and are mature enough to realize that jepardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head"

    1. If your injuried fighting fire will you be able to support your family at the same level? Answer: You are risking your job. Dont think your job is going to support you to long remember they are losing alot of money.

    2. If you are killed fighting fire will your wife and family ever be able to fully recover from it? Answer: No. So why are you putting yourself in that situation seems kind of foolish. Your putting the fire department first because if you are killed who will take care of them.

    Now who is jeopardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head. In case you dont thats you George.

    All this for a volunteer position fighting fire.
    Last edited by maud724; 07-27-2007 at 04:58 AM.

  20. #70
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELXX View Post
    But I am also wise, and I am also mature. And FWDbuff and George and the other few are no fireman, at least not in heart.

    I have no more to say to them, but to anyone else who may feel that he must follow his heart and be true to himself, I will say this. Call me, I'll go thru the door with you.
    ....Interesting. This coming from someone who offers no information whatsoever in their profile. WHO are you Diesel? HOW long have you been a Volly? You sound like another one of these teenaged-to-early 20's kids who eat sleep and $hit nothing but the volly house. Refer to my profile, which offers plenty of information on me. And I'm not a fireman in my heart? Yeah, you're right, because I am a fireman in my soul. My priorities, however, changed in December of 2003, February of 2005, and June of 2005. These are the dates that my two sons were born, my wife and I got married, and we purchased a home. I now have to arrange my time and devotions in order to be %100 for the job that pays the mortgage, supplies my family with health benefits, and puts food on the table.

    Next time I am at a real, bonafide emergency, I'll call you, and you can "go through the door" with me. I dont babysit piles of scrap aluminum.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 07-27-2007 at 07:59 AM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  21. #71
    Forum Member
    FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    10,278

    Default

    I am a volunteer firefighter have been for near 30 years, I am also a career firefighter for 16 years now, as well as a husband and a dad x 2, as well as a guy that teaches and sells fire equipment on the side. Priorities? Of course, family then job then volly FD. I respond when I am available and I make between 70-90 percent every year.

    But I also know that within 2 hours of when I leave for my career FD I am not responding, no matter what the call. My career Fd does not care that my little corner of paradise is on fire. They are paying me to be there on time and ready to go at shifts beginning, it is that simple. Also my family is counting on me to have a job to keep them safe. Priorities...I would never quit a job for the volly FD, ever. Sorry if that doesn't make me as dedicated as you. But it does make me smarter.

    FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-27-2007 at 03:18 PM.

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default Dear Buffy;

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    ....Interesting. This coming from someone who offers no information whatsoever in their profile. WHO are you Diesel? HOW long have you been a Volly? You sound like another one of these teenaged-to-early 20's kids who eat sleep and $hit nothing but the volly house. Refer to my profile, which offers plenty of information on me. And I'm not a fireman in my heart? Yeah, you're right, because I am a fireman in my soul. My priorities, however, changed in December of 2003, February of 2005, and June of 2005. These are the dates that my two sons were born, my wife and I got married, and we purchased a home. I now have to arrange my time and devotions in order to be %100 for the job that pays the mortgage, supplies my family with health benefits, and puts food on the table.

    Next time I am at a real, bonafide emergency, I'll call you, and you can "go through the door" with me. I dont babysit piles of scrap aluminum.
    Ouch, did I hit a nerve?

    Junior, you can run around declaring your greatness all day, and all that shows is how narrow minded you are. You assume way too much, even for someone who apparently picks and chooses which calls are important enough to go to.

    PS, that "pile of scrap aluminum" was/is someones property, worth tens of thousands of dollars, and the 70 year old victim, a local doctor that we know, will pull through, and his family is grateful to have volunteers like us, not you.

    That, is how we get "paid".

    By the way, I have been doing this since before you were born, my grandchildren are older than your sons, God Bless 'em, and you hopefully will someday learn that you don't know, what you don't know, and judgements are best left for God and fools.

    Incididentally, what will your family do, if God forbid, you get incapacitated, or worse, at a "volly?" call?

    Will your job stand behind you, like Tim's did not?

  23. #73
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maud724 View Post
    George I have a very interesting point for you since you brought it out. You stated "There are millions of them who realize it is a volunteer position and are mature enough to realize that jepardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head"

    1. If your injuried fighting fire will you be able to support your family at the same level? Answer: You are risking your job. Dont think your job is going to support you to long remember they are losing alot of money.

    2. If you are killed fighting fire will your wife and family ever be able to fully recover from it? Answer: No. So why are you putting yourself in that situation seems kind of foolish. Your putting the fire department first because if you are killed who will take care of them.

    Now who is jeopardizing the job that puts food on their table and a roof over their head. In case you dont thats you George.

    All this for a volunteer position fighting fire.
    Does anyone have any oranges to go with this guy's apples? Good argument pal.

  24. #74

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up

    FyredUp - Your post makes a lot of sense! I am a newbie to the department. 1 year. Firefighting has always been a dream of mine; however, I choose to put my "dreams" on hold to raise two little boys.

    Now that they are 14 and 11 and I am no longer called "Mom" instead I have gained a new name "ATM" or "BANK". Hence, I am finally able to pursue my dream of becoming a FF.

    I played with the possibility of becoming a paid FF, but in my area the paid FF don't start off at 70,000 which is what I currently make in the Civil Engineering field. It looks like I will continue to volunteer, after I jumped off track a bit, let’s get to my response. I work 31 miles from my dept. there is no way I could just leave in the middle of the day and make it to the firehouse before a truck pulled out. The fire would be out by the time I got there!!!

    A person has to decide if they want to risk their paying job in order to volunteer. From my understanding, (please correct me if I am wrong) If a person volunteers with emergency services such as EMS or Firefighter, your employer can not fire you if you miss or you’re late to work. Is this true, I have heard a few different things. Common sense – don’t abuse this rule. (if indeed the rule is fact).

    When I made the decision to become a FF, I sat down with my boss and discussed this with him. I told him how important this was to me, but my paying job would always be priority. I explained to him, that if I got to a 2:00am call, there is a good possibility I may not make it to work on time, however I would get there as quickly as possible and I would make up the time I missed. Considering my (paying job) has a total of 5 volunteer firefighters, they have considered what we do a wonderful thing and have worked with all of us. I guess it depends on your employer and their policy’s.

    There has been many a nights I get a 2:30 call (seems to be the magic time), I get back to the firehouse at 5:00 am and I get up at 5:15 to head out to my paying job. I am fortunate to have the energy of five people. I am able to work my 10-12 hours and then go home and be mom…and possibly do it all over again the next day.

    I guess I am just blabbering …….Volunteer's just have to set thier Priories.... It's a wonderful thing what we do and two thumbs up for all who give thier time, heart and soul to Firefighting......

  25. #75
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East of the Pecos...South of North Carolina
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Rule No. 1 - Show up on time.(everyday)

    Rule No. 2 - Do your job.(try to get along)

    If one follows these two simple rules you won't eliminate all the cr p from those above but it sure does minimize it. They will also be more inclined to give you a break when needed. The expectations of my Chief were spelled out early on and remain consistent. The SOP my workplace has for my responding is less clear. Many factors can come into play on any given call. This assessment is usually made between me and my employer in a few seconds to a minute or two at most. The bottom line is they make the call not me. Your employer is just that-your employer. P ssin' contests always end badly for the employee. Sure, I have missed calls that in my opinion the company would not have been hurt by my absence so I sucked it up and kept my mouth shut. Live to fight the next battle 'cause there are many more coming.
    Even if you feel your employer does not respect the fact you are trying to help your community at every turn, if they think you do not respect them ( I said -Think- )you are finished. Remember they turn the screws. Oh, and if you think I am on the employers side - nope. It is called politics.
    God,Family(work),Fire Department.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did you respond to WTC???
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
  2. Stress Echo test needed now....
    By MedicsWife in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM
  3. FYI in CA
    By hootman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 01:04 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 06-05-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:25 AM
  5. M.O.T.F.D. Sunny Point Firefighter/EMT Job
    By umx3310 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register