Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Any trolls from Kentucky banned lately?

I just have to wonder if the guy turned to this behavior after getting kicked off the FH forums. My apologies to all the other brothers from Kentucky.

Bored Fireman Accused of Fake 911 Calls

GLASGOW, Ky. - A volunteer firefighter in south-central Kentucky was arrested after allegedly making false 911 calls because he was bored, police said.
    Anderson said Garmon allegedly made false reports of fires and wrecks with injuries because he wanted to go on fire runs.
    Fire Career: OVER

http://www.examiner.com/a-832928~Bor...911_Calls.html
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Bigfoot Firefighter !

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricHoser View Post
    I just have to wonder if the guy turned to this behavior after getting kicked off the FH forums. My apologies to all the other brothers from Kentucky.

My apologies to all my pacific northwest brothers who have been tarnish by this brother!

Sorry my Pacific Northeast Brothers!

Firefighter accused of setting wildfires

The Butte Falls man allegedly started six small blazes last summer

A 20-year seasonal firefighter for the Oregon Department of Forestry was arraigned Thursday in Jackson County Circuit Court on six counts of first-degree arson.

Scott Wayne Rogers, 39, of the 14000 block of Butte Falls Highway, Eagle Point, is charged with starting six wildfires in northern Jackson County during the 2001 fire season.

None of the fires covered more than an acre.

His arrest by the Oregon State Police on May 15 was the result of a cooperative effort by that agency, state forestry and the Jackson County district attorney’s office.

"Obviously, we have some concerns that a firefighter is starting forest fires," said Tim Barnack, the deputy district attorney handling the case.

Rogers, who had lived in the ODF guard station on Butte Falls Highway, worked for state forestry as a seasonal employee for 20 fire seasons, according to Jeff Schwanke, forester in charge of ODF’s Southwest Oregon District.

Rogers no longer lives in the guard station nor works for ODF, Schwanke said. The fact he no longer lives there or is employed by ODF is the result of a matter unrelated to the arson charges, Schwanke said. He declined to elaborate.

His department turned the full investigation over to the state police once it appeared an ODF employee may be involved, he said.

Stressing that the arrest represents an extremely rare situation for the department, Schwanke said he and his staff are now focusing on the upcoming fire season, which is likely to begin early in June.

The department’s firefighters, many of whom are hired only for the summer fire season, are responsible for battling blazes on U.S. Bureau of Land Management, state, county and private forest lands.

The fires Rogers is believed to have started all occurred from June through September of last year.

"They were relatively small fires in that they were suppressed early on," Barnack said.

However, citing last year’s severe drought, officials say each of the fires had the potential to threaten lives as well as homes.

Each of the charges against Rogers is a felony. The penalties range from a fine and serving 90 days or more in the county jail or 20 years in a state prison and a $300,000 fine, Barnack said.

In Thursday’s court hearing, Judge Patricia Crain reduced Rogers’ bail from $100,000 to $15,000.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Now there's a troll if I ever saw one...

Coldfront, was it really necessary to drag up a 6 year old story just to find a counter-example from the EH's area?

I guess the're more than one bored firefighter in KY...

How petty.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Now there's a troll if I ever saw one...

Coldfront, was it really necessary to drag up a 6 year old story just to find a counter-example from the EH's area?

I guess the're more than one bored firefighter in KY...

How petty.
    Yes!

I just done a 30 second search on yahoo.The internet is a wonderful thing.Bored is taking the time to jump in on a thread which has nothing to do with you!
    Last edited by coldfront; 07-18-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

Uhhh he had no "career" (at least as a fireman) he was a volly. Lets not confuse the two.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Uhhh he had no "career" (at least as a fireman) he was a volly. Lets not confuse the two.

FTM-PTB

Good Point!

Glad to see the brotherhood shining through the smoke!
    Last edited by coldfront; 07-18-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Your offensive statement taken and discarded by your complete lack of any sense. Sad when you have to bash another state to make yourself look big on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by lexfd5 View Post
    Your offensive statement taken and discarded by your complete lack of any sense. Sad when you have to bash another state to make yourself look big on the boards.
    I don't see where he bashed the state of Kentucky, Matter of fact he apologised to all the other brothers. Now take a deep breath and count to ten....ahhhh relaxing isn't it?
    IAFF

Banned

FTM-PTB
    From the article

...A 20-year seasonal firefighter for the Oregon Department of Forestry was arraigned Thursday in Jackson County Circuit Court on six counts of first-degree arson...
    ...Rogers, who had lived in the ODF guard station on Butte Falls Highway, worked for state forestry as a seasonal employee for 20 fire seasons, according to Jeff Schwanke, forester in charge of ODF’s Southwest Oregon District...
    I would say he was paid by the state as a seasonal fire fighter, not really a volunteer at all.

Forum Member

Smile

[QUOTE=snowball;838135]I don't see where he bashed the state of Kentucky, Matter of fact he apologised to all the other brothers. Now take a deep breath and count to ten....ahhhh relaxing isn't it?[/Q

Snowball! I guess as long as you apologised you can use slang to slap a region or state.

Get real!

Now you take a deep breath.Feel better!Didn't think so.

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I don't see where he bashed the state of Kentucky, Matter of fact he apologised to all the other brothers. Now take a deep breath and count to ten....ahhhh relaxing isn't it?
    What offended my was the title of the thread. "Any trolls from Kentucky banned lately?" How about we change it to my title "Another bored volunteer looking to make more runs so he can turn on his whacker mobile and look important racing off to another call?" That would tick off every volunteer here and they would be calling for me to be banned.

The title infers that any one from KY is a troll. So for that reason I am offended.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    From the article

I would say he was paid by the state as a seasonal fire fighter, not really a volunteer at all.
    I would say you need to attend your special education classes more often. I was refering to Post No. 1 idiot....someone call the short bus for Trotter.

Are you allowed out in public without adult supervision?

Bored Fireman Accused of Fake 911 Calls

GLASGOW, Ky. - A volunteer firefighter in south-central Kentucky was arrested after allegedly making false 911 calls because he was bored, police said.
    Anderson said Garmon allegedly made false reports of fires and wrecks with injuries because he wanted to go on fire runs.

Banned

I would say you need to attend your special education classes more often. I was refering to Post No. 1 idiot....someone call the short bus for Trotter.

Are you allowed out in public without adult supervision?
    Sorry, I failed mind reading class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Sorry, I failed mind reading class.
    You got to have one first, mind that is.

It was clearly stated in the first post if you had read it.

T.J.

Forum Member

Some of the folks on my old volunteer department outside of Paducah Ky had been on 25+ years.If you met them,you'd trust them with your life,just not your money or your wife.I'd call that a career,even if they only got 3 bucks for each run.
    We don't wanna get into career/vollie,though.
    One idiot member we had kept having false alarms at his house and one night a closet with no electrical connections running near it happened to combust and take the whole house down.
    When I left that department two years ago,we'd still have weekly medical assist calls for their baby or Grandma and everytime,we'd detail a newbie to check under the replacement trailer they had to see if a gas can or two was underneath.It might have been out of bounds for us to do so but the standing order was to removwe the can(s)and place them well away from the building.
    We just didn't want to have us a accident,as Jack Elam said in a John Wayne movie.

Another guy,his problem wasn't making false calls for the excitement of getting up at 0200.It was that he couldn't keep his mouth shut or his eyes where they belonged.
    Before he was voted on as a member,we'd gone to a local Cub Scout meeting to demonstrate donning our gear and how we'd search for them and how to get out of a burning building.
    This guy noticed a lovely young thing and kept commenting about her,only she wasn't old enough to be commented on.That alone got me to keeping my distance and tell everyone I could see about it.
    After he'd gotten voted on(don't ask how with the above)we had a wreck call during a training meeting.The guys in the probie class got detailed to traffic control and were a quarter mile away from the scene.
    It turns out that he and a couple other members worked with the victim who didn't make it and attended the funeral.
    He was overheard by all attendees,telling the family how the victim had been screaming to be put down,how an arm had to be amputated etc just running on even though he had been 500+ yards away and couldn't have heard a thing.It only took all three attendees the time to locate their spouses,get the cell phone and start calling the chain of command.
    Two of the senior officers were out of town and when they found out why they were being taken from a KyEMA meeting,they asked to be put on with the guy to tell him not to bother responding anymore and that anything he'd been issued had to be returned the following day or else.
    He'd been seen at a couple calls afterwards just watching until a Captain got the attention of a deputy and asked him to advise the guy to leave or be taken off the scene in cuffs.
    That was the last I'd ever seen him.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Default And The Trophy Goes To...

This Thread officially went to the level of personal attacks by the 3rd post!

I hereby hand the "Hating via Internet" award to this entire thread...Give yourself a big hand everybody......but only for yourself.......remember: you hate the other guy......

I love this place

pops open the first cold one and pulls up the recliner

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow, you want to know what is REALLY ironic?

Someone posted a thread titled "Problems with Seagrave?", and I roundly criticized the thread author for putting up a very misrepresentative title.

And then I turned around and did something taken exactly the same way.

If I could take this thread back and choose another title, I would, but I am stuck with it.

I guess hindsight is 20/20, and I extend my apologies (again) to all of the Kentucky brothers (and anyone else) offended by my poor choice of title.

Lesson to the probies and juniors: think twice about your actions.
    Last edited by ElectricHoser; 07-18-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

every state has its trolls, no one state is impervious to that sad fact.

Now, onto more important business. where do I get my refund for the time I spent reading and replying to this....
    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
    KTF | DTRT

[QUOTE=coldfront;838150]
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I don't see where he bashed the state of Kentucky, Matter of fact he apologised to all the other brothers. Now take a deep breath and count to ten....ahhhh relaxing isn't it?[/Q

Snowball! I guess as long as you apologised you can use slang to slap a region or state.

Get real!

Now you take a deep breath.Feel better!Didn't think so.

Quite the contrary there coldfront, I feel fine. After all it wasn't my state EH was bashing!
    I don't think he was referring to the whole great state of Kentucky or even a reigon. Probably just a few bad apples. We hav'em here as well. I'll ask you this, why does the title of the thread **** you off more than the actions of the accused?
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

I am in the generalized area of Glasgow and the rumor is they are anting to also charge him wanton endangerment, if so the count will be astronomical. How this guy went so long before they actually caught him was he used a cell phone that was disconnected to call 911 (all phones have this safety feature) so they were having difficulty actually tracking this individual.

Thread Information