MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2007 Vehicle limits (or reductions)

Those who are in running for vehicles. What are you seeing for allowed $ limits? Or what successful $ have you received (or corresponding reductions)?

In particular vehicle types:

- Tanker
    - Pumper
    - CAFS pumper
    - Pumper/tanker

Any successful with $ to add on NFPA equipment/LDH/etc? (under Additional Funding - Equipment) $ allowed?

MembersZone Subscriber

Rapid Attack, reduced to $125K this year.

In 2005 we recieved a successful pumper/tanker for $190,000 with no reduction. It was single-cab commercial chassis with 2,500 gallons.

Both were just for the vehicle, no additional equipment.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Rapid Attack, reduced to $125K this year.

In 2005 we recieved a successful pumper/tanker for $190,000 with no reduction. It was single-cab commercial chassis with 2,500 gallons.

Both were just for the vehicle, no additional equipment.
    Found your Nov06 post on the truck in the appartus forum. Thanks. How is it working out? I like what I've seen of Rosenbauer but not many around here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Found your Nov06 post on the truck in the appartus forum. Thanks. How is it working out? I like what I've seen of Rosenbauer but not many around here.
    We're liking it. Enough that we're considering Rosenbauer on our rapid attack. Attack6 (I think) has a sister of ours. Only big differences if I remember right is a side-mount pump vs. our top mount and triple dumps vs. our single out the rear.

We started to question our decision of doing an all-out pumper/tanker during the build process. We figured it'd be more versatile, and how can that be wrong? However, we're totally satisfied. Not long after we got it, our other engine went down. The new truck wasn't too big for the city, like we were afraid of happening, so it worked out great. We're still using it more as a second due, as the primary has jump seats (won't be an issue for you if you get your 4-door), but we can switch gears at any time, which is great!

I replied to your email, hope you got it!

Forum Member

Default We also had a 2005 grant for a tanker

Ours is a cousin to Catch22's - Rosenbauer on a commercial with 2500 gallon tank and 1250 gpm pump.

We asked and were awarded $225k which inluded 800' of 5" ldh, 800' of 3" hose, 400' of 2.5", 400' of 1.75", nozzles, a TaskForce Tips Portable Blitz Gun, and a 1000 watt Honda Generator with a mounted light head.

I agree with Catch22 - it's proved to be verastile truck. It can be a 1st out engine or a tanker (side and rear dumps). It came in handy on a mutual aid structure fire - no room to setup a dump operation so a neighboring tanker setup as a nurse tanker (2000 gallon, 1000 gpm pump) and we and a Pierce Tanker from another neighbor (2000 gallon tank, 1250 gpm pump) would pull up and pump off in a couple minutes. 2 other tanker on scene had 18 hp pumps so they were parked because they would have slowed down/screwed up the shuttle.

Nice to be able to pump or dump.

P.S. - not sure why but we were about to lap the Pierce (had a 5" tank fill but was slower than heck to fill) !

MembersZone Subscriber

I will mention another thing we got into. We requested a 1250 pump. When we specced, we went to a 1500 Brand X. When we got ready to build, we ended up with a 1750 Brand Y. Brand Y was our second choice anyway, so we went with it to saved $3,500 and ended up with more GPM.

I can elaborate if you want, just don't want to get into a pump brand battle on the forums.

I'll ditto Attack6, it's nice to be able to pump or dump. Don't know if Attack got a direct tank fill or not, but it's handy as can be if you can do it. We went with 4" pipe straight through the back of the truck and it's adapted from 4" NST to 4" storz. We also had an old gated wye we put on the truck that's 4" NST to 2x2.5", which works well with our mutual aid that doesn't have LDH.

Sorry if this is turning into a pumper/tanker thread, just adding thoughts as I think!

Forum Member

We have a Spartan built by 4guys. 2000gpm CAFS pumper. 1000 gal tank. If you run CAFS, the auto tank fill will save you from problems with pressure from hydrants. Side mount pump, 20 inch raised roof. Posted the pic in http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=84334

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone else with 2007 grant pending?

- Tanker
    - Pumper
    - CAFS pumper
    - Pumper/tanker

Did you get $ under equipment in the grant?

FY 2006 looks like a whole string of $300000 vehicle projects, and a bunch of $275000 projects, and a bunch of $250000 - caps on something.
    Last edited by neiowa; 07-20-2007 at 02:50 AM.

Forum Member

I received '10 Quetions last Firday, July 13th. Applied for a tanker, $250,000. No question about limited award $. 1199a from 2003 grant lists my 2007 award number and as the other previous grants. No email about updated 1199a, but it was just updated earlier this year when we were awarded the fire prevention grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reduced pumper

We were reduced from $294K federal share to $274K for an engine. We should be fine as we did not ask for equipment, transfering exisiting stuff over.

Forum Member

Talking This just in- reduction for 2007

Recevied reduction email this morning applied for a tanker at $250,000. Email asked if awarded would we accept grant at $200,000. Guess what I said? Yes, of course. Boy it's going to be nice to have a safe vehicle to drive.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HDFireball1 View Post
    Recevied reduction email this morning applied for a tanker at $250,000. Email asked if awarded would we accept grant at $200,000. Guess what I said? Yes, of course. Boy it's going to be nice to have a safe vehicle to drive.
    Any pump? Crewcab? Any other major features that impact cost?

MembersZone Subscriber

Received a phone call today for a Pumper grant. $215,000 for a crew cab, conventional with 1000 gallon water and 1250 pump.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Any pump? Crewcab? Any other major features that impact cost?
    Negative on the crew cab but did ask for a pump on the truck. Nothing much more asked for when we applied that will have a great impact on the project. I hope it won't limit us too much, trying to plan for the future at the same time. I will miss see the highway thru the floor in the old truck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone else have info to throw out regarding vehicle limits you have run into?

Thread Information