Thread: sirens

Forum Member

OK BUt Shood EXPLORERS or Jr'S Be Allowed To Have blooo Lites two?? OMG OMG OMG!!!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    OK BUt Shood EXPLORERS or Jr'S Be Allowed To Have blooo Lites two?? OMG OMG OMG!!!
    This shouldn't even be a question that we see on here. And for those departments that allow this SHAME on them.

Forum Member

LOL. That was funny

I think this went completely over dday05's head. Ah well.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Guys, seriously, I don't get what your problem is. I mean, there is nothing wrong with having a siren in your car. I mean it's uber cool, and it would make you the most amazingest kid in school. And as for blue lights, red are much cooler. I want red lights and sirens. I'll talk to my chief about that one. [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness now (this time for real) if you honestly think you need a siren, you shouldn't be allowed to drive to calls period. If you want to have a siren to get people out of your way (let alone a blue light) I can't imagine how you are when you're going to a call. You're probably driving like a lunatic without the sirns or lights, which is an even bigger problem. Srens don't give POVs the rights to drive above the law. Therefore sirens aren't needed. Blue lights are a little better to give people a notice that you're not out for a Sunday stroll, but actually responding to some sort of emergency.

You're responding to the station, just like 10 other guys are. There's no need to cause an accident because you wanted to get to the burnt toast 40 seconds sooner. The only people who need sirens are the chiefs. They need to get to the scene to direct crews in and tell them where to stage and where hydrants are, etc. But even the chiefs don't need to use sirens going to a fire alarm that's confirmed burnt toast. Time and place for everything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    Guys, seriously, I don't get what your problem is. I mean, there is nothing wrong with having a siren in your car. I mean it's uber cool, and it would make you the most amazingest kid in school. And as for blue lights, red are much cooler. I want red lights and sirens. I'll talk to my chief about that one. [/sarcasm]
    That is what it's all about isn't it. Being the uber cool kid at school and rollin the downtown in your chevette pickin up chicks with your lights and sirens???

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT
    You're responding to the station, just like 10 other guys are. There's no need to cause an accident because you wanted to get to the burnt toast 40 seconds sooner. The only people who need sirens are the chiefs. They need to get to the scene to direct crews in and tell them where to stage and where hydrants are, etc. But even the chiefs don't need to use sirens going to a fire alarm that's confirmed burnt toast. Time and place for everything.
    Well said man. I know my province only allows Chiefs and DC's to have a light and siren in their vehicle. Half of the Chiefs I know(except for a select few "special" ones) don't even use them except on MVC's and Structure Fires. I would put money on the fact I would make it to the hall equally as quick and efficient in my vehicle with no lights, as Joseph the Junior with the amazing technicolor dreamcar.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    LOL. That was funny

I think this went completely over dday05's head. Ah well.
    No this didn't go over my head and that wasn't directed to nmfire s comment. Yes that is funny but we have a dept in our area of which this BS does happen. This idiot runs down a state route like a *^%$##@#@$%^#@ and the day this yoyo crashes his vehicle will be the end of that dept. Running hot for a g-damned medical when you're not even a EMT. WTF??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    No this didn't go over my head and that wasn't directed to nmfire s comment. Yes that is funny but we have a dept in our area of which this BS does happen. This idiot runs down a state route like a *^%$##@#@$%^#@ and the day this yoyo crashes his vehicle will be the end of that dept. Running hot for a g-damned medical when you're not even a EMT. WTF??

Well if you were not directing the comment towards nmfire's comment why would you quote him??

I agree that the dept in your area is completely f**ked for allowing that too happen.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

The comment was not directed towards him , but it is a question that people keep asking and asking. Yes I did ruin his "humor" but as I stated when we have people doing it around here it's something I take a bit personal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    The comment was not directed towards him , but it is a question that people keep asking and asking. Yes I did ruin his "humor" but as I stated when we have people doing it around here it's something I take a bit personal.
    Thats good your taking it personal. If someone is letting Juniors use lights and sirens in their POV then should be removed from a posistion of power ASAP.

Ryan

Forum Member

Thats good your taking it personal. If someone is letting Juniors use lights and sirens in their POV then should be removed from a posistion of power ASAP.
    Agreed. Sometimes the truth hurts, grab a tissue and wipe away the tears.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

I couldn't agree with this more.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

slfd07
    Firehouse.com Guest

**The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slfd07 View Post
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**
    What knowledge????

Other than the fact you think Juniors should be able to have sirens as well as being able to leave school for calls so you do not have to take "3 or 4 company's out of service"
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-24-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Ryan

Forum Member

What knowledge? You've presented yourself to us as a damn fool.

Forum Member

This is farse. That implies you have some knowledge, insight, and information worth anyone listening to. What it should say is this....

** I'm a little kid who thinks he knows everything and I run my mouth a lot. Nobody pay attention to me and maybe I'll go away. **

Last edited by nmfire; 07-25-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

This is farse. That implies you have some knowlege, insight, and information worth anyone listening to. What it should say is this....

** I'm a little kid who thinks he knows everything and I run my mouth a lot. Nobody pay attention to me and maybe I'll go away. **

HAHAHAHAHA funniest thing i've read all day! boy i feel better!

FE Engine Captain

Exclamation Please Remember...

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy... I am sorry I didn't responded to this thread sooner. First of all, please remember that even though you say your "knowledge and insight" does not reflect any organizations you are affiliated with, it does. Second, I am appaled that you would even ask this question. I think this for several reasons. Their are numerous other threads such as this that spark unecessary debates due to bone-headed questions such as this one, your leadership within your exploring post has taught you to be more level headed and to have more common sense then to ask a question in which you don't have any background in, such as even using a siren , atleast I thought that's what we did, and last, being an explorer is one of the first steps in becoming an active fireman within either a volunteer fire company or a paid fire company and should be spent asking questions about fire-ground tactics, safety awareness, and other fire and ems related topics, not if any explorer or junior can run sirens and lights on their POV. slfd07, please be aware that we will be having a chat about knowing when to say something, and when to not. This was clearly an example of when not to add your one cent. (Notice I did not say two cents) I hope that in the future you will show yourself as a more mature and more intelligent young man that I know is in you. (Somewhere)

Good Luck Finding that inner maturity and intelligence,
    SLEEC06
    FE Engine Captain #06
    http://www.southlinefireexplorers.com

Forum Member

Cool

In the Dept I am with in my Town/Parish/State you must be 21 and older an you much also have been in the dept for over 1 year and then after that you got to go to Defensive Driving classes an then your Chief has to issue you a green card.
    http://www.firefighter772.com/

Thread Information