Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Recall: Easy Bake Oven

Burns, Amputation Lead To Easy-Bake Recall
    1 Million Hasbro Toys Should Be Returned

POSTED: 9:33 am EDT July 19, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:41 am EDT July 19, 2007

Hasbro has recalled about 1 million Easy-Bake ovens after getting 249 reports of children getting hands or fingers stuck in the opening.

There were 77 reports of burns -- including 16 of second- and third-degree burns. One 5-year-old girl's finger was burned so severely that she had to have a partial amputation.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a news release that adults should immediately take the recalled oven away from children and call Hasbro for instructions on how to return the toy oven for a voucher towards the purchase of another Hasbro product.

For more information, consumers can call Easy-Bake at 800-601-8418 or visit EasyBake.com.

The purple and pink oven resembles a kitchen range with four burners on top and a front-loading oven.

Model No. 65805 and "Hasbro" are stamped into the plastic on the back of the oven. Ovens sold before May 2006 are not included in this recall.

They were sold at Toys'R'Us, Wal-Mart, Target, KB Toys and other retailers nationwide from May 2006 through July 2007 for about $25.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 07-19-2007 at 10:10 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the information. I am calling my daughter-in-law now. Grandgaughter got one for christmas 06'.

T.J.

I didn't know they still made these things. My sister had one when she was 6 and she's 39 now.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    I didn't know they still made these things. My sister had one when she was 6 and she's 39 now.
    My sister had one too. Just about the same age too. LOL
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

They sure don't make 'em like they used to.Imagine all the toys we got as children that are now deemed too dangerous to use.
    Whodathunk that a toy powered by a light bulb would ever get recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    They sure don't make 'em like they used to.Imagine all the toys we got as children that are now deemed too dangerous to use.
    Whodathunk that a toy powered by a light bulb would ever get recalled?
    More to the point Doug, is whodathunk that a recall for any toy we had growing up would be made? Just like it was "ok" to be in the front seat, on Mom's lap while driving, and it was "ok" to sit in the box of a pick up truck while heading down the highway..... and we just stuck our faces into the stream of the hose line, because that would provide enough clean air to breathe while in a fire..... oh.. and it was "ok" to ride tailboard.... Ya ok, so now I'm being facitious.

Forum Member

Crap, there goes tonite's vanilla cake

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    That particular model is not included in the recall.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    More to the point Doug, is whodathunk that a recall for any toy we had growing up would be made? Just like it was "ok" to be in the front seat, on Mom's lap while driving, and it was "ok" to sit in the box of a pick up truck while heading down the highway..... and we just stuck our faces into the stream of the hose line, because that would provide enough clean air to breathe while in a fire..... oh.. and it was "ok" to ride tailboard.... Ya ok, so now I'm being facitious.
    so im NOT the only one thats heard of/done this in the past! that doesnt make me feel SO old now

oh and by the way....im still trying to figure out how you bake stuff with that stupid little lightbulb
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by res54cuecaptain View Post
    so im NOT the only one thats heard of/done this in the past! that doesnt make me feel SO old now

oh and by the way....im still trying to figure out how you bake stuff with that stupid little lightbulb
    Not going to point fingers at any one unit or station, but apparently the use of SCBA at one place I know did not come into "vogue" until the mid 1990's...... And tailboard riding was authorized until around that time - something about a change in Chief also created a change in protocols, specifically safety related.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I miss riding tailboard.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

The local consumer safety reporter yesterday said that the recall applied to the ovens produced before May of 06.
    It's still disturbing that things we used to do with little more consequnce than"See,I told you you'd get hurt,boy"are now too dangerous.
    Bucky Covington is right!It was a different world when we were boys and girls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    (m+w)= d + p x e= bc

for those who flunked algebra= translation to english (mix + water) = dough = pan x energy = baked cake. simple physics actually. you are using heat to produce a chemical reaction betwen the dough and the heat from the lightbulb. You're a firefighter. Can a hot light bulb start a fire?
    I thought you were talking Algebra and suddenly,there was talk of chemical reactions.I didn't flunk Chemistry but if Dee Dee Maybury hadn't put her test sheets where I could read them while everyone thought my eyes were elsewhere on her,I'd still be in Mrs.Cantrell's class.

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 08:02 PM.

(bc)/k=tte

(baked*cake) divided by knife equals: time to eat... MMMM... Cake...

I'll have your basic yellow cake mix with buttercream frosting and some vanilla ice cream please..

Does anybody rememeber those snow cone makers that had those turning metal blades to shave the ice? I remember losing a few fingernails to those by pushing the ice too far with my fingers, but I learned quickly, and can type with all my fingers today!

I have always been of the mindset that survival of the fittest was being hampered by all the lawsuits and recalls of toys.

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    (bc)/k=tte

(baked*cake) divided by knife equals: time to eat... MMMM... Cake...

I'll have your basic yellow cake mix with buttercream frosting and some vanilla ice cream please..

Does anybody rememeber those snow cone makers that had those turning metal blades to shave the ice? I remember losing a few fingernails to those by pushing the ice too far with my fingers, but I learned quickly, and can type with all my fingers today!

I have always been of the mindset that survival of the fittest was being hampered by all the lawsuits and recalls of toys.
    I broke my cousins finger on one of those things. If anyone remembers the scene from Goonies, where Chunk is being threatened to have his hand go into the blender, well I tried that with the snow cone maker. Man did I catch a beating for that one...
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    I broke my cousins finger on one of those things. If anyone remembers the scene from Goonies, where Chunk is being threatened to have his hand go into the blender, well I tried that with the snow cone maker. Man did I catch a beating for that one...
    Maybe you should have used an Easy Bake Oven!

Forum Member

Inquiring minds want to know.What happened to the fingernails?

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    (bc)/k=tte

Forum Member

Talking

The Fire Chief just pulled the ovens from our kitchens. Hope to find some better ones before I go on shift.

Thread Information