Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FDNY List #6019

Forum Member

Default FDNY List #6019

I dunno if this is gonna **** everyone off or not by makin a new thread haha but i figured #2043 has their forum and FDNY 2006 forum was kinda taken over by 6019 guys so just figured we'd make our 6019 forum if anybody wants to start goin with this thread from now on..to keep 2043/6019 lists forums seperated so any new comers dont get confused..just a thought to help any others looking for information out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MailBox123 View Post
    I dunno if this is gonna **** everyone off or not by makin a new thread haha but i figured #2043 has their forum and FDNY 2006 forum was kinda taken over by 6019 guys so just figured we'd make our 6019 forum if anybody wants to start goin with this thread from now on..to keep 2043/6019 lists forums seperated so any new comers dont get confused..just a thought to help any others looking for information out
    Nice of you to look out for the new guys... but FDNY 2006 is 6019. the 2006 is the year in which FDNY started excepting applications for the 6019 test. It wouldn't be confused with the 2043 list because the test is only given every 4 years.

More importatly, lists #6019 has not been established yet. FDNY 2006 is kept open to express opinions up until extablishment of 6019 list numbers. until that time, it would be best to keep everything on one thread.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fdny 2006

Actually the FDNY 2006 thread was started in January of 2006 to start a new place to post information about list #2043. It wasn't untill the 50th page or so that the list started to be about the new list #6019. In January of 2007 the FDNY list #2045 thread was started because their thread was filled with info on 6019.
    Good idea Mailbox123 it has been tried before but since we already hijacked 2006 not sure if it will work!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

well thats what i figured cuz the other person said we should keep it in FDNY 2006 cuz thats when the filing for 6019 was which in a way doesnt make sense to me at least cuz you dont see the 2043 forum called 'FDNY 2002' cuz thast when the filing for that test was and we did kinda take over their forum at one point but hey i aint gonna lose any sleep over it haha just thought it would be easier for new guys who come on here and dont really know anything about the forums i just do this to pass time at work right now haha like i said im not losing sleep over it if everyone wants to stay in the other one..after all we are all in the same boat here

Default What??

That was without a doubt the longest sentence I've ever seen. Just an observation.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Punctuation is your friend.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

If the new guys wanna come on here then they have 50 pages or so of info on our list and well over 100 for general department, academy, city, and numerous other things on FDNY 2006. We don't even have a list...let's cross that bridge when we get there. This thread being constantly posted on will only cause a flood of "hey does anyone know when we are getting our letters" and "hey so i heard the physical is AFTER we get our number?!"; 2006 keeps it simple.
    Last edited by FLA1786; 07-21-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: forgot a letter

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    That was without a doubt the longest sentence I've ever seen. Just an observation.
    I agree. Now my brain hurts....
    bam

well, unfortunately there is no official news about 6019, just the rumors. Although some of the rumors seem to make some sense, its up to you on whether or not you want to believe them . the latest thing i've been hearing is that 6019 may in fact be thrown out. I'll explain why this is going around...

They are having another promotional exam (to firefighter) in October. considering that they just had one on Jan. 20, people are getting very curious as to why they are doing this. FDNY DOES NOT want to hire off of 2043 anymore. They realize that they are digging so deep into it now, its scary, and they want new blood, BUT, fearful that the DOJ lawsuit might cause a hiring freeze, they are trying to get as many ppl in now in case 6019 gets tossed or held up. That still doesnt make much sense to me considering that they are way above and beyond being overstaffed at the current moment. When the next promotional exam comes out, depending on its format MIGHT say alot of 6019. If they keep the same format as 6019 (subjective questions and such), chances are 6019 will stay...if they make it different, might be safe to say 6019 is done. Also, the FDNY is supposedly planning on having more promotional exams in the coming years, than they use to in the past.

We've all been hearing that we should be getting our final answer keys very shortly, followed by the physicals coming around maybe in the fall/winter timeframe, then the list establishment sometime in 2008.....if we dont hear ANYTHING by then (fall/winter), i'd start wondering what the deal is.....

It still doesnt seem like they will toss it. FDNY and NYC does nothing but defend it, despite how messed up it was....but just keep in mind any possibility. You gotta realize guys, we're all in a very messed up position with this test, no matter how great you think you did....between the facts that the FDNY is soo overstaffed already, the DOJ lawsuit, the continued hiring from 2043, the VULCANS never-ending bullsh*t, the city and unions fighting for the test, the pass/fail CPAT etc etc etc, we have alot to keep in mind.

Thread Information