Thread: Oh ****!Cheney!

Forum Member

Post Oh ****!Cheney!

July 20, 2007
    Cheney to become president…briefly
    WASHINGTON (CNN) – President Bush will undergo a routine colonoscopy Saturday, and will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney during the procedure, expected to take about two and a half hours, the chief White House spokesman said.

Tony Snow said Friday that the procedure, during which a doctor looks for any signs of cancer, will be carried out at Camp David, Maryland, and the president will be placed under anesthesia.

Bush’s last colonoscopy was in June 2002, and no abnormalities were found, Snow said.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAA!!

Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Talking

Take care of my little skipper.
    Last edited by coldfront; 07-24-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront View Post
    Take care of my little skipper.

nice pic,lmao.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Forum Member

Surely he couldn't do that much damage in 2 1/2 hours...could he?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    Surely he couldn't do that much damage in 2 1/2 hours...could he?
    How many acres of a brush fire could burn in 2 1/2 hours?
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

I'm not a FF, but my guess is a lot. A whole lot. Hmmm... I dunno why, but I've started hearing the theme music to Jaws. Anybody else hear it?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not a FF, but my guess is a lot. A whole lot. Hmmm... I dunno why, but I've started hearing the theme music to Jaws. Anybody else hear it?
    If you are not a FF, then all you are right now is a troll. Go away.

Forum Member

It has always been to my understanding that trolls go to sites only to start and keep arguments going. Or to annoy people in general. I've not done that, so I don't believe I'm being trollish.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    If you are not a FF, then all you are right now is a troll. Go away.

^^^^^^^^WTF?^^^^^^^^^^

Mr. WendtCFI: please read.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=92368
    Last edited by Halligan80; 07-20-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Forum Member

TGIF. Try and play nice.

Shayne
    "Being talked to death is a terrible way to die"

MembersZone Subscriber

*Game Show Theme Music Playing*

Welcome to another edition of "Who wants to control the world!"

Our Contestant today is Vice....I mean President Dick Cheney.

President Cheney, you have aprox 2 1/2 hours to try and crack the compination to the Presidential Football, otherwise known as the Nuclear Button that can Destroy the World. The clock will start when the first injection of sedadive starts, and it will stop when President Bush says his first non-sedadive induced sentence.

*Disclaimer flashes accross the screen: "The Judges will determine if any incoherend sentence spoken by President Bush is related to sedadives or if they are his normal English*

Forum Member

You know, I thought something like that. Like how he's probably already eyeing the Big Red Button. I told my dad about this and he said something about Cheney getting a shotgun. And as long as we have him we really don't need the CIA.

Forum Member

Why doesn't he just man-up and go get his butt-pipe scoped at Walter Reed
    IAFF

Forum Member

Oh yeah. But then I'm sure they'd show the Pres a little more respect and care than they do the wounded troops/vets.

Banned

You know, I thought something like that. Like how he's probably already eyeing the Big Red Button. I told my dad about this and he said something about Cheney getting a shotgun. And as long as we have him we really don't need the CIA.
    I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than go for a ride with Ted Kennedy.

P.S. Ignore Norm, he is just whacked and miserable

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    I like Sen. Reid's comments when Cheney was criticizing Reid. "I'm not going to get into a debate with someone whose approval rating is less than 20%."

Snarls Cheney is one of the worst people brought on board by this administration. Fortunately, these little 2-3 hour stints is as close as he will get to the presidency.

Sapphire. Don't worry about George (aka Norm). He's disillusioned the president he championed for so long is finally being exposed as what will surely be one of the worst administrations in the history of our nation. I can only take solace in knowing the republic is stronger than the damage any one person do while in office.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Personally, I think that the President wil make medical history...

They will discover that his colon is actually his brain.. which would explain the crappy decisons he's made while in office!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Fortunately, these little 2-3 hour stints is as close as he will get to the presidency.
    I believe he has been able to do far more damage "behind the scenes" as VP than he ever would have been able to do as president.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Me too. At least his vic came home alive. I wasn't around when the other happened, but I've heard about it. Sad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I like Sen. Reid's comments when Cheney was criticizing Reid. "I'm not going to get into a debate with someone whose approval rating is less than 20%."
    Is it really that low? Geez isn't that lower than the president's? Gotta love that comeback though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Personally, I think that the President wil make medical history...

They will discover that his colon is actually his brain.. which would explain the crappy decisions he's made while in office!
    Now that's just funny right there!

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    I believe he has been able to do far more damage "behind the scenes" as VP than he ever would have been able to do as president.
    Evidently. Last I heard they were trying to make the White House hand over some official documents and they refuse to. I guess that's their way of pleading the 5th.

Ok, as for George, I'm not worried about it. I've been called very crude names right to my face, so being called a troll over the internet doesn't bother me at all.

Oh, and scfire86...I can't say much about George's political views because I voted for Bush too. My Personal Opinion: Bush is definitely not perfect, but at least he's not Kerry. And really you never know what will happen after you vote them in, or how they will handle it.
    Last edited by SapphyreBlues; 07-21-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Forum Member

Oh, and scfire86...I can't say much about George's political views because I voted for Bush too. My Personal Opinion: Bush is definitely not perfect, but at least he's not Kerry. And really you never know what will happen after you vote them in, or how they will handle it.
    Sapphire. You're absolutely correct. I feel very secure in saying what I've stated before. Kerry could've gone into the Oval Office and slept for eight years and done less damage than Bush and Cheney.

Forum Member

Times aren't getting any easier. But unfortunately none of the men running have gotten tough along with the day we're living in. None of them have any clue whatsoever how the working man lives. They have no idea what it's like to live from paycheck to paycheck. They don't know what it's like trying to raise a family with what little you do manage to keep after the Government Tax Vacuum sucks it outta you. We need someone like that. And it wouldn't matter of he was a Dem or Rep. We just desperately need someone who understands the masses, because he's one of them.

But, he won't ever get voted in because we'll never know he exists. Remember the last time Dan Quayle ran for president? He dropped out, and in an interview, he said something that made so much sense. He said that there needs to be a spending limit on presidential fund raisers. Because if there isn't, then it'll only be the rich that can be able to run, and only the richest of them will get the Office. And that's absolutely contrary to the constitution, because it's open to anyone who's an American citizen by birth, and who's 35+. It says nothing about money, but that's what it's come down to.

By the way...if you notice I've kept saying "man" or "men" because I absolutely WILL NOT vote for a woman to be president. Why? Because she'd be like some of the crazies that I know and would have us in war with Everybody. Think about it. I've seen it and i know some of you have. I have seen some very serious catfights break out over the smallest of incidents. Would you wanna give the Power of the Red Button to a woman like that? Um, no. But seriously, I just don't agree with it.

Forum Member

He said that there needs to be a spending limit on presidential fund raisers. Because if there isn't, then it'll only be the rich that can be able to run, and only the richest of them will get the Office.
    That's an interesting statement coming from Quayle. He is from a very wealthy family.

Despite all the pejoratives thrown at Bill Clinton, he came from a very modest background. Even if you have political differences with him, his background is middle class at best. He came from a single parent household that was dysfunctional at best. Hillary on the other hand is from a wealthy family in Illinois. Or at least what would be considered upper middle class.

I have more faith in the process as it relates to women candidates than you. The campaign for President is so grueling it weeds out the weak irrespective of gender.

Forum Member

Quayle might just be wealthy, but he wasn't throwing down millions like the others. But of course a lot of their money came from contributors, and I don't believe Quayle was getting that many If I'm not mistaken, he was running in the last race. Of course one race is as bad as the next so I tend to confuse them

I don't believe that women are weak. I just...well I have a more traditional view than most. Couple that with the fact that I'm somewhat against a lot of the feminist movement. Not that I believe that women are inferior. They're not. And if a woman does a man's job, she needs to be paid a man's wage for it. But what I don't like is how she wants to walk in a man's shoes, but then turn around and play the "weaker vessel" card when she doesn't get her way.

Well now that y'all think I've gone over the shallow end and hit my head, I'll just end this post --->right here<---

Forum Member

I don't believe that women are weak. I just...well I have a more traditional view than most. Couple that with the fact that I'm somewhat against a lot of the feminist movement. Not that I believe that women are inferior. They're not. And if a woman does a man's job, she needs to be paid a man's wage for it. But what I don't like is how she wants to walk in a man's shoes, but then turn around and play the "weaker vessel" card when she doesn't get her way.
    We'll just call you Sybil.

Thread Information