Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Medtec/Pierce Command Zone,Weldon ?

Hello, My department is starting to look at purchasing a new med. duty ambulance. We are thinking that this new unit may have a multiplex electric system. Some departments near by have Braun's that are multiplexed, so they were able to give us feed back on the units and the cost difference between hard wired and multiplexed. Other departments by us run Medtec but don't have a multiplexed truck. So could anyone here possibly tell me anything go or bad about the Command Zone or Weldon's multiplex system in a Medtec? And what is the cost to upgrade a Medtec to a Command Zone, and the cost to upgrade a Medtec to the Weldon system? Any help here would be greatly appreciated so we can see if this something we can afford. We have decided on 3 manufactures we want to bid on our unit, and we have been able to get feed back from departments who have multiplexed trucks from 2 of the 3. But have been unable to get feed back on Medtec multiplexed trucks. Our local dealer has been pushing us away from multiplex, but we would like to get some feed back from the field.
    Thanks in advance
    Make sure to wear your seat belt!
    Nashcentral3Elk

Forum Member

Default Not much help, but..

Quote Originally Posted by Nashcentral3Elk View Post
    Hello, My department is starting to look at purchasing a new med. duty ambulance. We are thinking that this new unit may have a multiplex electric system. Some departments near by have Braun's that are multiplexed, so they were able to give us feed back on the units and the cost difference between hard wired and multiplexed. Other departments by us run Medtec but don't have a multiplexed truck. So could anyone here possibly tell me anything go or bad about the Command Zone or Weldon's multiplex system in a Medtec? And what is the cost to upgrade a Medtec to a Command Zone, and the cost to upgrade a Medtec to the Weldon system? Any help here would be greatly appreciated so we can see if this something we can afford. We have decided on 3 manufactures we want to bid on our unit, and we have been able to get feed back from departments who have multiplexed trucks from 2 of the 3. But have been unable to get feed back on Medtec multiplexed trucks. Our local dealer has been pushing us away from multiplex, but we would like to get some feed back from the field.
    Thanks in advance
    Make sure to wear your seat belt!
    Nashcentral3Elk
    I am researching the same thing.

As I recall. Command Zone is a proprietary Pierce product but I'm sure someone makes it for them.

I have heard good things about the Weldon/Akron V-Mux system. From the web info, it will do lots of things.

I contacted one FD who has 3 Class 1 multiplexed pumpers and they say there have been no major problems.

It may come down to which brand your builder uses, because I would imagine they like to stay with one brand.

Thread Information