Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
    Forum Member

This is all getting a little full-on.

Everyone is talking about the Brotherhood.. - Which to me, is the one thing that binds ALL of us together ! - Yet listen to the bickering and bullsh*t that is going back and fourth between people who consider themselves.. "Brothers"! .. - Brothers don't act like that ladies and gentleman!.. Lets show sum respect for those that have passed in the line of duty, doing what they do best.. - and let this sh*t rest!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    If this is the theory you are going with, does this mean you will finally STFU and stop posting, since you are clearly not an expert or a professional on anything related to firefighting?
    All I am saying is that we have a situation here where the professor and the student are at odds. On one side we have a worldly scholar who has written books on the fire service and hundreds of research reports with 35 years of experience. On the other hand we have one of the cheeseheads from Wisconsin with 25 years of experience. Seems to me that the student from Wisconsin should listen to the professor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    So tell me kind sir, what are your credentials? What have you done? What makes you an expert? I know that Mr. Grimwood is without a doubt an expert and professional in the industry. What research have you done? What papers have you written? Please tell me why I should listen to you?
    When I read your post Trotter, the first thought that went through my mind was..."What makes you think that FryedUp needs to prove anything to you?"

Your post is just plain ignorant.
    Last edited by CdnFD24; 07-27-2007 at 06:50 AM.
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

All I am saying is that we have a situation here where the professor and the student are at odds. On one side we have a worldly scholar who has written books on the fire service and hundreds of research reports with 35 years of experience. On the other hand we have one of the cheeseheads from Wisconsin with 25 years of experience. Seems to me that the student from Wisconsin should listen to the professor.
    Paul Grimwood put his gear on the same way any firefighter does. I have actually read some of his work, and I agree with some of it, disagree with some of it. If you choose to put him on a pedestal, it's your perogative.

The way I see it...

On one side we have a firefighter from "America's Dairyland" with 25 years of experience. On the other hand we have an inspid blowhard who's knowledge of "da job" consists of cutting and pasting other people's works and NFPA standards.

Seems to me that the "student" wearing the feedbag should listen to the "cheesehead".
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

just a suggestion,gentlemen,if we would unite the knowledges of mr Paul Grimwood and the experience of Fyred Up in fireservice,it could be a real great thing,no?

i know i'm a little NAIVE,i drink EVIAN,lol.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Huh??...............

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Big city?

No one told us you SPFD was visiting NY!

HEY!! He Said BIG City. But, like you, nobody told me that he was visiting Glenn Dale......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    HEY!! He Said BIG City. But, like you, nobody told me that he was visiting Glenn Dale......
    AHHH....Im speechless. Ya got me.

Atleast Im not playing 2nd fiddle to ChicagoFF!
    You dont have any insecurities about your pizza or anything, do you chief?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Folks, I have stopped posting to HotTrotter. I have asked him to leave me alone and stopped posting to me or about me. He accuses me of many evils here and questions my knowledge, skills and experience. So at this point who is keeping the nonsense alive?

Thanks for those of you supporting me.

Brotherhood at it's finest.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Folks, I have stopped posting to HotTrotter. I have asked him to leave me alone and stopped posting to me or about me. He accuses me of many evils here and questions my knowledge, skills and experience. So at this point who is keeping the nonsense alive?

Thanks for those of you supporting me.

Brotherhood at it's finest.

FyredUp

Trust us. Anyone with 1/3rd of a thought in their head, knows and can tell the differeence
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Paul Grimwood put his gear on the same way any firefighter does. I have actually read some of his work, and I agree with some of it, disagree with some of it. If you choose to put him on a pedestal, it's your perogative.

The way I see it...

On one side we have a firefighter from "America's Dairyland" with 25 years of experience. On the other hand we have an inspid blowhard who's knowledge of "da job" consists of cutting and pasting other people's works and NFPA standards.

Seems to me that the "student" wearing the feedbag should listen to the "cheesehead".
    The issue sir is that we have two people who are debating things. As an observer you need to know what has enabled each individual to form those opinions. Mr. Grimwood has provided those credentials. I haven't seen any from the other individual. Mr. Fyred my very well be a knowledgeable and talented fire fighter. However his childish attacks and obsession with proving me wrong has ruined that reputation. He has tried so hard to contradict me that at times he makes absolutely no sense.

Of course I have realized that this web site does not represent the real world. The opinions expressed mean nothing. if I see something that seems interesting or might make sense, i take the information and do the research outside ofthe confines of this web site. The integrity of the data that flows here is highly suspect and often without backing.

The worse part, this site used to be full of good quality discussion and debate. It has degraded to name calling and a decsion of whether you are in the firehouse.com clique. I have seen numerous indivudauls come into this site, who because they don't conform to the cliques way of thinking, get run right off of the site. This site is about a about a bunch of Unionized paid firefighters who see the world through closed eyes.

Forum Member

The issue sir is that we have two people who are debating things. As an observer you need to know what has enabled each individual to form those opinions. Mr. Grimwood has provided those credentials. I haven't seen any from the other individual. Mr. Fyred my very well be a knowledgeable and talented fire fighter. However his childish attacks and obsession with proving me wrong has ruined that reputation. He has tried so hard to contradict me that at times he makes absolutely no sense.

Of course I have realized that this web site does not represent the real world. The opinions expressed mean nothing. if I see something that seems interesting or might make sense, i take the information and do the research outside ofthe confines of this web site. The integrity of the data that flows here is highly suspect and often without backing.

The worse part, this site used to be full of good quality discussion and debate. It has degraded to name calling and a decsion of whether you are in the firehouse.com clique. I have seen numerous indivudauls come into this site, who because they don't conform to the cliques way of thinking, get run right off of the site. This site is about a about a bunch of Unionized paid firefighters who see the world through closed eyes.
    What will it take for you t stop attacking me on here? I have repeatedly told you I am done posting anything about you. I have apealed to your human decency, apparently non-existent, to leave me alone.

Not that it is any of your business but Paul and I have made our peace away from this site.

FyredUp

Forum Member

does that remind you of anyone..like...oh lets say...YOURSELF????
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

IACOJ BOD

I would suggest one wee thought for "Da Plonkers"

YO Trotter listen up

Some people that your vile, lazy, silly miss informing, absolutly no fact, BLOW HARD, Taurus Excretea mind think should be ridiculed for daring to speak the truth, actually know their business.

THEY were walking the walk when you were still bubbling inside your old
    mans way small coils

I do not care one piece of the lowest offal hanging in the boabab tree what you almost might think you could possibly offer to the greater good of the fire service globaly.

It will never come close to 1 % of what people like Paul Grimwood have already GIVEN through his service and devotion to the one Feckin Fundamental you so sadly miss.

He shares his knowledge so that hopefully ONE of us does not die.

No other reason does he need. No other reason has he ever stated.

No political stance has he ever taken.

Just singular facts.

Let these people always walk amongst our ranks forever.

They keep us all alive.

For I , will follow these good men over your asinine diatribe.

Kia Kaha Paul.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Imagine what you could learn if FyredUp and Paul G were both in your firehouse. And Kiwi, I'm probably gonna regret this, but what's a boabab tree?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Huh??...........

Quote Originally Posted by CdnFyreGuy View Post
    And Kiwi, I'm probably gonna regret this, but what's a boabab tree?
    Yep! You will be proven right................. DUCK, INCOMING..........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Question

Imagine what you could learn if FyredUp and Paul G were both in your firehouse. And Kiwi, I'm probably gonna regret this, but what's a boabab tree?

i think it is baobab tree:very high and old.

according to the webster dictionnary:baobab=a broad-trunked old world tropical tree of the silk-cotton family with an edible acid fruit resembling a gourd and bark used in making paper,cloth,and rope.

but i think,Kiwi wanted to write a metaphor with that word.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Banned

That would be interesting as they seem to have diametrically opposing views on a lot of things. I do know that Paul believes we can do more to stop injuries and death on the fire ground. And I agree with that philosophy. And probably Fyredup has some good knowledge as well, however his attitude and degrading commentary style detracts from his abilities. We had a chief like that at one time, always putting people down and calling them idiots or morons. There he was with his 10th grade education calling people stupid. How smart is that?

As for Mr. Fyredup I have one thing to say - Let he who cast the first stone have no sin.

Forum Member

We had a chief like that at one time, always putting people down and calling them idiots or morons. There he was with his 10th grade education calling people stupid. How smart is that?

He led your Department...e'nuff said!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

That would be interesting as they seem to have diametrically opposing views on a lot of things. I do know that Paul believes we can do more to stop injuries and death on the fire ground. And I agree with that philosophy. And probably Fyredup has some good knowledge as well, however his attitude and degrading commentary style detracts from his abilities. We had a chief like that at one time, always putting people down and calling them idiots or morons. There he was with his 10th grade education calling people stupid. How smart is that?

As for Mr. Fyredup I have one thing to say - Let he who cast the first stone have no sin.
    Trottsd,

YOU are the only one casting stones...

Have a nice life.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Why don't you just puts Trotts on your ignore list like the rest of us and let him rant on to nobody?

Every time you reply to his ramblings you encourage him to continue.

Ignore him and he'll eventually go away.
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 07-29-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added link to "your ignore list"
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    He led your Department...e'nuff said!
    Remember, this is a volunteer outfit where the chief is elected by the membership. So like any political event, he played politics and brought out every one of his cronies to vote. We saw people we hadn't seen for two or three years. Trust me, he didn't lead this department. He had the title but was no leader. Matter of fact, he helped to get his friend elected as chief, because he had a better chance. The non-leader got in as an assistant chief, mostly because some felt he would work better with the chief. However as assistant, he was calling the shots. 6 months in, the chief resigns, everyone moves up the ladder, and we have a new chief. He didn't work with the commissioners and did things his way, ignoring all of the standards and regulations. The commissioners eventually removed him because he didn't work with them, he violated their direction, and he misused his authority.

Just because someone has a title doesn't mean they can do the job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Trottsd,

YOU are the only one casting stones...

Have a nice life.

FyredUp
    I would suggest that you take a good long hard look in the mirror. You offer up some good stuff, but sometimes....you really amaze me with your incoherent blabber. I'm sure in the real world we would get along just fine. Out here in cyber land you lose a lot. There is no body language, no tone, and no way to instantly reply to a comment. It's really hard to call someone out when they make a mistake or talk crap off the cuff.

Anyone, do a self assessment and you will see that you have cast many a stone. Also take a look at some of the others, I've seen more than once where one of the long time established will take a pot shot at a newcomer, and the lad defends himself. Unfortunately for the newcomer, he doesn't know the rules and ends up getting the boot. Names like Jeremy and Kevin come to mind.

Forum Member

I would suggest that you take a good long hard look in the mirror. You offer up some good stuff, but sometimes....you really amaze me with your incoherent blabber. I'm sure in the real world we would get along just fine. Out here in cyber land you lose a lot. There is no body language, no tone, and no way to instantly reply to a comment. It's really hard to call someone out when they make a mistake or talk crap off the cuff.

Anyone, do a self assessment and you will see that you have cast many a stone. Also take a look at some of the others, I've seen more than once where one of the long time established will take a pot shot at a newcomer, and the lad defends himself. Unfortunately for the newcomer, he doesn't know the rules and ends up getting the boot. Names like Jeremy and Kevin come to mind.
    Okay Trotts,

I have tried over the past few days to not get involved in this with you. I have not made a single derogatory comment about your posts.

I have repeatedly asked you to stop your endless attempts to continue what I have clearly walked away from. Since you refuse to let it drop I now have no choice but to put you on ignore.

Have a nice life and please do continue to show what a complete hypocrit you are by keeping this alive when I have clearly tried over and over to let it die.

Have a nice life, since you have now become what you rail against.

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 07-29-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Administrator

Default Closing Thread

We are closing this thread for repeated name calling and bickering. We do not expect everyone on these forums to agree with each other’s opinions but we do ask that you keep it professional. Most of you are adults on here and it can be hard to tell that at times. You can agree to disagree without calling each other names. Those actions take away from the good on these forums.

We at Firehouse.com are not a huge staff where we can dedicate all of our time to babysitting these forums. In reality doing the day to day site updates it is more of a “webperson” instead of a webteam. We all have full time responsibilities with the site that do not include monitoring the forums. I know you all get frustrated with us, but we can only do so much. We do not have the time to read every single post and make sure that members are playing by the rules. If you all help us by cutting out the bickering we would more time to concentrate on the real problems of the forums.

As for the LODD issue, we have made it policy to not post a LODD as a top story. We have several good reasons why we do this. We attempt to treat every LODD equally. We also report every LODD on the homepage. We always post the LODD in the number 2 or 3 spot on the site. We do our best to show every Fallen Firefighter the respect they deserve. We feel by placing them in the same spot is the best way to be fair about it. We also keep the story up on the homepage until the funeral. If we report each LODD the same way every time, we hope to prevent ever showing any disrespect. Now we have reported the LODD as a top story in the case of the Charleston Tragedy because we felt that that required more reporting and follow up. This has been a policy for years and we will continue to follow the same guidelines. Someone said that we should have a special LODD sections and we do. We have always had a LODD section. So not only do we post them on the homepage they are posted in their own section that you can get to from the homepage under the news tab. You can also view the page here:
    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/sec...p?sectionId=39

Please understand that we will never please everyone. No matter how we posted it someone would not agree with us. Let’s please focus on the good that we all try to do on this site.

Thank you, Webteam

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information