makes good girls go bad

Default Uhhh, wow. I dont even know how to title this...

Woman sues over NYC pipe explosion

By FRANK ELTMAN, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

MELVILLE, N.Y. - A woman whose sister died in the Sept. 11 attacks filed a lawsuit over last week's steam pipe eruption in Manhattan, saying Tuesday that the explosion brought back horrible memories.

Francine Dorf's lawsuit accuses Consolidated Edison of negligence, saying the utility didn't properly maintain the pipe that ruptured outside her office and sent a geyser of steam, mud and asbestos-tainted debris over the neighborhood near Grand Central Terminal.

"I thought a building was going to collapse," said Dorf, 52, a legal secretary. She is seeking unspecified damages.

Dorf's attorney, Kenneth Mollins, said Dorf suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and "a legacy of fear" from the 2001 attacks. He said the lawsuit is intended to force Con Ed to improve maintenance of its infrastructure.

Her sister, Maria La Vache, was an employee of insurer Marsh & McLennan and was on the 99th floor of the north tower of the World Trade Center when it collapsed. Her body was never recovered.

Dorf said she called her brother and mother after the steam pipe rupture last Wednesday to say goodbye.

"I can't sleep, I can't eat. If I lay down I can see the smoke," she said. "And I think of my sister over and over again. What she must have went through on 9/11."

A Con Ed spokesman said the utility does not comment on pending litigation.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

WTF.... Sue benladin for your post tramatic stress disorder. He's the cuase of 911 anyway. I'm sorry it happened to her but money will not fix this. This is greed thats all.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

It's an unintended consequence of the welfare program.
    Got a problem?The Government will makee fixee fixee if you cry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    WTF.... Sue benladin for your post tramatic stress disorder. He's the cuase of 911 anyway. I'm sorry it happened to her but money will not fix this. This is greed thats all.

Truckie

this country needs some serious Tort reform before it's to late.....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

I live in NE TN. I saw tower 2 fall, and I know how I felt that day. But, I can't imagine how someone that actually was there and went through it felt. Having said that, this woman needs to quit milking her sister's unfortunate death by pulling crap like this. I'm sure it was hard. I have a sister and I have no idea how bad I'd freak if she were to die, especially like that. I have to agree though. It's just people used to sapping money off the government. And how much you wanna bet that she has a good chance of winning that case? Oh it's PTSD from 9/11 the lawyer will say. Uh-huh. She's so tore up about it that she still has enough mental awareness to get a lawyer to sue the city. Ok...whatever.

Thread Information