Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like Fun

Default Looks Like Fun

I want one of these.

Wonder how quick I could get to Toronto. 15 minutes???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Kt7dvEEGo
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Oh Lord God. I watched that and around the 1:15 mark, I started getting nervous. Please tell me that those were NOT amateurs and that was a professionally shot video...especially when they were booking it like crazy on a wet highway

Of course my opinion could be biased because you would never ever get me on a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    Oh Lord God. I watched that and around the 1:15 mark, I started getting nervous. Please tell me that those were NOT amateurs and that was a professionally shot video...especially when they were booking it like crazy on a wet highway

Of course my opinion could be biased because you would never ever get me on a motorcycle.
    I'm not going to say they were professionals because truthfully I don't know. There is a part missing, where there is a guy on back of the bike with a helmet cam. They pass a cop, you see two middle fingers come up, and then suddenly the cam is seeing pavement(as the driver guns it). About 3 seconds later the cam comes back up and the cop is about a mile back.

I love the sound of them though. As the well the speed. No rated speed. Just Enough....
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

That's just ****kked!!!!

Sad thing is, it won't be just themselves they kill at 248mph, it will be some other poor innocent schmuck.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    I want one of these.

Wonder how quick I could get to Toronto. 15 minutes???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Kt7dvEEGo
    The question is: Why would you want to go to Toronto in the first place?

The last thought to pass through the operators mind just after he hit the spike belt that the OPP had placed to stop him... was his arse.....

Like a RCMP friend of my Dad's used to say: "You might beat my Chevy 8, but you can't beat my CB."
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    The question is: Why would you want to go to Toronto in the first place?

The last thought to pass through the operators mind just after he hit the spike belt that the OPP had placed to stop him... was his arse.....

Like a RCMP friend of my Dad's used to say: "You might beat my Chevy 8, but you can't beat my CB."

So true my friend. I see enough of Toronto on weekends when they migrate to this part of Ontario, why bother going to see them any other time.

To be god honest I don't have the balls to attempt going those speeds so it will never happen.

Ryan

The description of this video is this... "Street Racing - 500Bhp Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo Motorcycle (Fast) - Gr2 Ghostrider Goes Wild (248Mph)"

I hate street racers, I hate street racing and I hate that it gets glorified on youtube and someone with the sense that we are supposed to have says he wants one. Sorry, streetracers cause deaths and usually not their own, I can't believe I even clicked on that video.

Get the body bags, shovels, and hoses ready is all I can say.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Quote Originally Posted by Higby916 View Post
    The description of this video is this... "Street Racing - 500Bhp Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo Motorcycle (Fast) - Gr2 Ghostrider Goes Wild (248Mph)"

I hate street racers, I hate street racing and I hate that it gets glorified on youtube and someone with the sense that we are supposed to have says he wants one. Sorry, streetracers cause deaths and usually not their own, I can't believe I even clicked on that video.
    First off, who are you to sit here and letcure me about this. I didn't name the video, I just WATCHED IT! I wasn't highlighting the fact about the street racing. It was just to show off a kick *** bike. Now because I said I want one of these bikes make me a senseless person and a wannabe street racer? Good observation. Not every bit of footage there is street racing. Some is on an old drag strip or air strip. I hate street racing just as much as the next one. If you have ever driven on a 400 series highway in Ontario you know that you can't drive 40 feet without some ********* in a sport car or bike cutting you off because he thinks there is something to prove.

Besides, The part on the highway is filmed in Europe. They don't really have a speed limit, but more of a suggestion.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-25-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    Get the body bags, shovels, and hoses ready is all I can say.
    Nah, they get so mangled and blown apart at those speeds, it's easier to call DPW to pick them up with a street sweeper..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by callaway75 View Post
    Nah, they get so mangled and blown apart at those speeds, it's easier to call DPW to pick them up with a street sweeper..
    Very true...I think the street sweeper is the ticket.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Ya, I know those 400 series highways too.. got to travel the 417/416 today as a matter of fact. Would rather be heading south on 81! Like I said earlier, which I will amend slightly here: spike belts work wonders on street racing...... so do really big rocks.

** oh and just in case you might have missed it. NO. I dont like motorbikes of any kind. They were designed originally as a Signals Dispatch vehicle - I think they should have stayed that way. But then I feel the same way about HUMVEEs too. (only because "Hummers" has a different meaning than something with four really big wheels and lots of chrome.)
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 07-26-2007 at 12:40 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Good thing's happening

By that post im guessing you know all about that poor girl that got killed the other night in Staten Island NY? i was told by my friend who lives right by it and saw it rigth as the first responders got there and he said it was horrific...

For the guys who dont know what im talking about...

http://www.silive.com/siadvance/stor...080.xml&coll=1

http://www.silive.com/siadvance/stor...560.xml&coll=1

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/p....ata?g_id=4341

Ya, I know those 400 series highways too.. got to travel the 417/416 today as a matter of fact. Would rather be heading south on 81! Like I said earlier, which I will amend slightly here: spike belts work wonders on street racing...... so do really big rocks.

** oh and just in case you might have missed it. NO. I dont like motorbikes of any kind. They were designed originally as a Signals Dispatch vehicle - I think they should have stayed that way. But then I feel the same way about HUMVEEs too. (only because "Hummers" has a different meaning than something with four really big wheels and lots of chrome.)

To be god honest I'm not a big fan of motorbikes. EXCEPT this one. I'd just love to get it on an old airfield...Borden had some until they started tearing them up , and go for a burn. It would probably only last about 10 seconds before I'd have to get off for fear of loosing my life.

And hey whats wrong with the Signals?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by callaway75 View Post
    That would work better. That way you don't tie up a truck.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Well..................

My only comment is that I am quite pleased that no one attempted to call that POS a motorcycle. Motor Cycle is spelled:
    H A R L E Y - D A V I D S O N

Now back to your scheduled discussion.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    My only comment is that I am quite pleased that no one attempted to call that POS a motorcycle. Motor Cycle is spelled:
    H A R L E Y - D A V I D S O N

Now back to your scheduled discussion.........
    HAHAHAHAHAAAA

And NDV.. nothing wrong with Signals at all. Besides Maintenance Troop, the Sigs guys were about the only ones I ever hung out with during off hours when I was still with the Regiment in Calgary. I even know a few who ran over a Volkswagon Beetle (1970's era) one time - but thats another one o them "Over There" stories from Cyprus.

I actually hadn't heard of that accident, what a horrible shame. I was thinking about the cab driver who was hit head on by a racer and died, the parents who were broadsided and sent flying off the road leaving their only child an orphan, the kid who we plucked out of a car a while ago only to leave the driver dead and very trapped in his car, the time I was pushed to 140 on the highway and pushed off the shoulder (with my child in the car) by a vehicle beside and a vehicle behind me who were trying to race and the motorcycle who almost caught the hind end of my car because he was racing between lanes.

I do know the 400 series highways, the 401, 404, 407, 416, 417, etc, etc and yes I have seen racing, cars and motorcycles and yes, posting a clip that is glorifying street racing is advertising it and by saying Wow, and how much fun it looks in endorsing it.

Street racers are idiots.

I do know the 400 series highways, the 401, 404, 407, 416, 417, etc, etc and yes I have seen racing, cars and motorcycles and yes, posting a clip that is glorifying street racing is advertising it and by saying Wow, and how much fun it looks in endorsing it.

Street racers are idiots.

I agree street racers are idiots. I'm not debating that much!

I don't know how many times I'm going to have to tell you to get it through your thick skull. I WAS NOT HIGHLIGHTING THE STREET RACING!!! Plain and f**king simple. Infact I don't recall saying the street racing looked fun. You just assumed I was highlighting it. Can you show me one spot that I said the street racing looked fun? I said the bike looked like fun. If you want to think of me as someone who is promoting street racing that is your choice. That was not my intentions in the least. I'm not going to loose sleep over what you think. But hey who am I to know what I was thinking right?

I suppose I should get rid of my fast and the furious movies because I'm promoting street racing by owning those as well.

Harve that much I can agree too.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 07-26-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Ryan

And NDV.. nothing wrong with Signals at all. Besides Maintenance Troop, the Sigs guys were about the only ones I ever hung out with during off hours when I was still with the Regiment in Calgary. I even know a few who ran over a Volkswagon Beetle (1970's era) one time - but thats another one o them "Over There" stories from Cyprus.
    Good man. If you were dissin the Sig's guys you and I could very well have an issue here!

When were you in Cyprus. I think my cousin(2 RCR) did a few tours to Cyprus. Just what did they run the Beetle over with?

Ryan

Thread Information