Forum Member

Talking If you can drink beer and do it, then...

its not a sport.

1)golf and softball

don't even bother with darts and pool

I tried it playing hockey and was almost killed, therefore hockey is a sport

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by ubshockey View Post
    its not a sport.

1)golf and softball

don't even bother with darts and pool

So then one could add fishing and bowling to the not a sport list????

Forum Member

From the comedy of Tim Wilson:
    "Golf is a sissy sport.And I'm sure you're all better than me.Anything an 88 year old man can whip me at isn't even a sport.Dammit if you can't get your nose broke at it,it's a game......"

Forum Member

How did you almost get killed?? It's not that hard to drink and play hockey. I've done it for a while.

Hmmm I wonder if thats saying something.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Question I always thought...

that beer is standard golfing equipment?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983 View Post
    that beer is standard golfing equipment?
    Except don't drink and drive on the golf course either. The staff do not enjoy fishing a golf cart out of the pond.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    How did you almost get killed?? It's not that hard to drink and play hockey. I've done it for a while.

lol i guess he hasnt been to adult hockey aka beer league hockey...some people even play better when drinkin which is hard to figure out sometimes...I have yet to ref adult hockey. Have done everything up to Junior B

Rob

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    lol i guess he hasnt been to adult hockey aka beer league hockey...some people even play better when drinkin which is hard to figure out sometimes...I have yet to ref adult hockey. Have done everything up to Junior B

Rob
    I guess not. Instead of having water bottles on the bench I used to have a bottle of beer. Beer league was ALWAYS a good time, if not at least a good laugh!

Ryan

Good thing's happening

I guess not. Instead of having water bottles on the bench I used to have a bottle of beer. Beer league was ALWAYS a good time, if not at least a good laugh!
    Without a doubt. Ive even seen pre-game beering and water bottles filled with beer. I love the guys who cant hold their own and all they do is fall or the guy that throws up. oh and cant forget the fights!!!

Rob

Forum Member

Default Hmmm

Except don't drink and drive on the golf course either. The staff do not enjoy fishing a golf cart out of the pond.
    Funny you mention that...
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    Without a doubt. Ive even seen pre-game beering and water bottles filled with beer. I love the guys who cant hold their own and all they do is fall or the guy that throws up. oh and cant forget the fights!!!

Rob
    LOL. They are definitely a riot. Just never mix beer,hockey and chew. That can turn into a nasty little mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    Have experiance with this as well I'm assuming.?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

What about rugby? That seems to be the exception to the rule. Rugby without Beer is like fishing.. without beer.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    What about rugby? That seems to be the exception to the rule. Rugby without Beer is like fishing.. without beer.
    Wow how could I have passed over rugby. Rugby is one of the only sports you almost HAVE to be in the bag to play.

Ryan

Forum Member

Was playing in a tournament in Switzerland. Five days, seven games and out hootin' and hollerin' every night. I was either drunk or hungover every game. Finally, during the face off for the last game a very large German leaned over and said, "I saw you in disco last night, I won't hit you". If he had hit me that game, I probably would have fell over dead.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Nah, it just proves that you really are from the "Great White North" LOL
    Speaking of which, I am in Ottawa at the moment. Just got in at 9pm Wed... but wont be here long. Just long enough to correct a problem that I created, and then back south again. Which hopefully will be by Thursday evening. If not, then I will be in Ottawa until sometime Friday... Got a great hotel room though - more like a full suite. 99.00 a night, for a full kitchen, dining room/living room and a HUGE king size bed, with full internet (free) access. Gotta love it!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Nah, it just proves that you really are from the "Great White North" LOL
    Speaking of which, I am in Ottawa at the moment. Just got in at 9pm Wed... but wont be here long. Just long enough to correct a problem that I created, and then back south again. Which hopefully will be by Thursday evening. If not, then I will be in Ottawa until sometime Friday... Got a great hotel room though - more like a full suite. 99.00 a night, for a full kitchen, dining room/living room and a HUGE king size bed, with full internet (free) access. Gotta love it!
    Exactly my friend. As well it shows I'm from the East. I mean everyone knows Maritimers can drink, probably because it's pretty much the only thing too do!

Hopefully you get it all cleared up and get back south. Don't have to spend so much time in Ottawa then!

Quote Originally Posted by ubshockey
    Was playing in a tournament in Switzerland. Five days, seven games and out hootin' and hollerin' every night. I was either drunk or hungover every game. Finally, during the face off for the last game a very large German leaned over and said, "I saw you in disco last night, I won't hit you". If he had hit me that game, I probably would have fell over dead.
    He probaby wouldn't of had to hit you. Just the site of him coming towards you, you'd of passed out!

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Speaking of which, I am in Ottawa at the moment. Just got in at 9pm Wed... but wont be here long.
    Aren't you required to go North at least three times a year just to maintain the accent? Stop doing that and pretty soon you start sounding like a true Virginian .
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah...............

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    Aren't you required to go North at least three times a year just to maintain the accent? Stop doing that and pretty soon you start sounding like a true Virginian .

Boy, You got that right!!............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Well.................

Nothing like a cooler full of cold Bud Light and........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983 View Post

Don't mean to hijack the thread but: Once, I threw my bag into a pond after missing an Eagle putt and walk directly off the course to my car. It was there I realized that I left my keys and wallet in my bag. I picked off a few leeches after that swim.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

HEY!!!! That sounds like my team (and most of the others too) when at the (Admin) Logistics Curling Bonspiels. heheheheeeee I dont think I've ever played in a bonspiel, in a sober frame of mind. Although I never had a German suggest that he might hit me for being at a disco. However, I did get sworn at in 5 different languages when I ran over - and I mean OVER - 6 of them when skiing in the Troodos Mountains of Cyprus. Funny thing that. It was the last time I ever put those stupid 8 foot 2x4's on my feet. From what my buddy said, it looked like 10 pin bowling
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

He probaby wouldn't of had to hit you. Just the site of him coming towards you, you'd of passed out
    Or puked on his skates!
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

HEY!!!! That sounds like my team (and most of the others too) when at the (Admin) Logistics Curling Bonspiels. heheheheeeee I dont think I've ever played in a bonspiel, in a sober frame of mind. Although I never had a German suggest that he might hit me for being at a disco. However, I did get sworn at in 5 different languages when I ran over - and I mean OVER - 6 of them when skiing in the Troodos Mountains of Cyprus. Funny thing that. It was the last time I ever put those stupid 8 foot 2x4's on my feet. From what my buddy said, it looked like 10 pin bowling
    Did they drape beach towels over the seats of the ski lifts so they could be first ones on the mountain. Every vacation I've ever been on, German tourists get up at some ungodly hour to drape Dinkelacker Beer beach towels over pool lounge chairs to claim them as their own. If I'm up at 5, thenn they're up at 4...if I'm up at 4, then they're up at 3, and so on.

Forum Member

Playing net in hockey means I usually don't drink. But when the guys skating out drink it makes me look that much better! Hooray BEER!
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07
    My new twin boys that I love even more than being on the job!

Forum Member

Congratulations on the little guys. Caring for them now probably seems difficult but, trust me, it gets easier. Then it gets really difficult, usually when they start walking, which leads to running.

You will have so much fun watching them grow up!! Enjoy them!!

Thread Information