Thread: Hello from AZ

Default Hello from AZ

Hey everybody! I'm looking for a career change and this has where its led me. I hope to be a entry level firefighter sometime within the next year or two. I plan on taking emt class in the spring (Schedule to hectic to take it now) and then see what I can make happen. I have great respect for what FF's do and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Forum Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your future career.

NEW PRODUCTS - Anatomy Cards, Hospital Helper Sheet, Full Anatomy Sheet

Welcome

Forum Member

welcome to the site.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kgriff View Post
    Hey everybody! I'm looking for a career change and this has where its led me. I hope to be a entry level firefighter sometime within the next year or two. I plan on taking emt class in the spring (Schedule to hectic to take it now) and then see what I can make happen. I have great respect for what FF's do and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Douglas FD - Hiring FF/EMT
    __________________________________________________ ___

City of Douglas Employment Opportunity
    425 Tenth Street Douglas, AZ 85607
    (520) 805-5507 Fax (520) 364-1585

AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

THE CITY OF DOUGLAS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES.

ANNOUNCEMENT #:36-07
    ISSUE DATE: August 7, 2007
    CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2007
    TITLE: Firefighter/E.M.T.
    SALARY: FF/$35,487 - $49,934

JOB SUMMARY: This work includes fire fighting, fire prevention, communications, and emergency medical assistance.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard High School, or GED. Must possess and maintain EMT certification at the time of hire. Valid Arizona Drivers License.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Must obtain State of AZ. hazardous materials certification at the operation level. Paramedics must maintain medic certification to continue function in this classification. If certification is not maintained, incumbent must revert to a mandatory maintenance of an EMT Certification. Must pursue continuing education in medical specialties required by the State. Must obtain an appropriate Arizona Drivers License to operate any vehicle used on the job. Residency within five miles of the corporate limits of the City of Douglas, within the United States, required within a reasonable time after hire date.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit a City of Douglas application form to: City of Douglas Human Resources Department, 425 10th Street, Douglas, AZ. 85607. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2007. www.douglasaz.gov

EVALUATION METHOD: Applications will be initially checked for minimum qualifications and screened out by the Human Resources Director according to training and experience. Selected candidates will be invited to participate in an evaluation process.

Forum Member

Welcome to the fourms from Ontario Canada.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Welcome, good luck and have fun. You've joined a life long brotherhood that you will benefit from more than you can imagine. Tell me do you work for Rural/Metro? I'm looking for one of my old chief's.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Thread Information