Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Guess The Road Needed To Stay Open

Looks like the traffic needed to keep flowing past another accident/fire scene. I wonder if the police at this scene refused to have a fire truck blocking "there road" like they try to do in our area of Illinois...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=125340

I wish some officers would see this and maybe they would realize that cones are no replacement for a vehicle setting in the roadway.

prayers go out to all family members of fallen emergency workers....
    Last edited by STUDEBAKERFIRE; 07-27-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Angry

THIS NEEDS TO BE PUT ON THE LEO SIDE IF NOT ALREADY. We lose to many brothers and sisters because some one is afraid to stop traffic. They arressted the driver to cover there own incompitent *****e$. If they had blocked traffic the wright way this wouldn't have happened. If anyone wants to hang me FINE, this is my 2 cents worth. May god be with his family and his department.

RIP MY BROTHER.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Exclamation Cones >? Apparatus ???

Quote Originally Posted by STUDEBAKERFIRE View Post
    Looks like the traffic needed to keep flowing past another accident/fire scene. I wonder if the police at this scene refused to have a fire truck blocking "there road" like they try to do in our area of Illinois...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=125340

I wish some officers would see this and maybe they would realize that cones are no replacement for a vehicle setting in the roadway.

prayers go out to all family members of fallen emergency workers....
    Many years back, On the interstate we had a multiple vehicular incident, and extrication and packaging required CLOSURE.. with SP ion scene, 2 busses , Fly car, 2 engines and rescue it should be fairly safe to say we closed down the highway a 2 Lane divided.. yeah... a college student from an ivy league Eastern Mass university whowas from abroad couldnt be held up on a sundaynight and decided He was going to Make his way around or through the incident he ended up striking a firefighter who lost a leg friom the incident his wife and kids went through Months and months of rehab hell, fighting to keep his job and livelyhood the student flead the country back to Taiwan to avoid legal responsability. IN My state THe Law states The Command officer is the senior fire officer, Not the State or any other police agency tell him to call HIS supervisor to the scene , to educate them.. works everytime... contact your legislators... get the law changed if need be.. block the road and call extra companies if need be... FTA..............

some years ago,we "lost" 5 firefighters,just because someone drove so fast on mva scene.the guys were cleaning the mva scene and a crazy driver "killed" 5 firefighters.

my condolences to the family and friends of the fallen bro.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Thread Information