MembersZone Subscriber

Default Company Officer Requirements

I have been assigned to put together a long range program to raise the overall level of training and education required to promote to the Lt., Captain and BC ranks. I am curious as to what anyone else requires. Currently our only requirements are 3 yrs in current rank. EMT-Intermediate cert and no written reprimands within the calendar year.

Permanently Removed

Dave- Ofcourse every state have different requirements. Are you just looking for general certs. and quals?

MembersZone Subscriber

Lieutenant: Fire Officer I, Fire Investigator I, Tech Rescue Ops, Haz-Mat Ops, EMT-Basic, ICS 300, preference points for related college degrees,

If that's the type of info you are looking for, let me know. I can PM you our job requirements and job descriptions.
    "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

MembersZone Subscriber

We require:

Lt's and Capt's - 3 Years, National Registered 1st responder, Fire Officer 1, Haz-mat operations level, Vehicle extrication ops level, driver of all apparatus

Chief officers 6 Years , National registered 1st responder Fire officer I, II
    Haza-mat operations, Vehicle operations, driver of all apparatus, Instructor

we just reworked these, best we could come up with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's what I'm trying for at my place. All volunteer. All pre-requisites for class' are not noted, but are included. Qualified vs. Certified= having your IFSAC/PROBOARD certification. By active, it reverts to our by-laws for time and attendance. Applicable NIMS= Recommended guidelines from the Feds for that rank. Anything else, let me know!!

P.S.- I am meeting much resistance on this, so be cautious!!

Recommendations for Operational Officer’s minimum qualifications:

Chief, 10 years w/dept, last 7 active, Fire Officer II, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator on all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years.

Deputy, 8 years w/dept, last 5 active, Fire Officer II, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator on all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years.

Assistant(s), 6 years w/dept, last 4 active, Fire Officer I, All Applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator on all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years.

Captain(s), 5 years w/dept, last 3 active, Fire Officer I, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator on all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years.

Lieutenant(s), 4 years w/dept, last 2 active, Firefighter II, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator on all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years, Must obtain Fire Officer I during tenure.

Training Officer, 5 years w/dept, last 3 active, Fire Instructor I, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator up to the Engines, EVOC every 3 years, Must obtain Fire Instructor II during tenure.

Chief Engineer. 6 years w/dept, last 4 active, Firefighter II, Fire Instructor I, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, CERTIFIED driver/operator of all apparatus, EVOC every 3 years.

Asst Engineer(s), 4 years w/dept, last 2 active, Firefighter I, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, CERTIFIED driver/operator up to the Engines, EVOC every 3 years.

QRS Captain, 3 years w/dept, last 2 active, All applicable NIMS certs, PA DOH Emergency Medical Technician, Qualified driver/operator of the QRS unit, EVOC every 3 years.

Fire Police Captain, 5 years w/dept, last 3 active, Advanced Fire Police Course, All applicable NIMS certs, Qualified driver/operator of the Fire Police Unit.

The date effective for these qualifications shall be exactly 3 years from when the membership accepts this by-law change. This is done so as to not discourage any potential officer candidate or intimidate any current officer in any position. 3 years is sufficient time to complete the required courses/certifications.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    Training Officer, 5 years w/dept, last 3 active, Fire Instructor I, All applicable NIMS certs, CPR and First Aid, Qualified driver/operator up to the Engines, EVOC every 3 years, Must obtain Fire Instructor II during tenure.
    Hey meathead- how's the Training Officer gonna train people how to drive/operate the aerial, train on Truck Co. Ops, etc. if he/she isn't qualified on the piece?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Hey meathead- how's the Training Officer gonna train people how to drive/operate the aerial, train on Truck Co. Ops, etc. if he/she isn't qualified on the piece?
    That's the Chief Engineer's job, hence the reason the Ch. Eng has to have Instructor I. I thought your dad taught you better than that!!

On a side note, I'm making settlement tommorrow on house in L-Boro. Give me call and stop by and drink a few. I figure I might as well get drunk if I'm gonna be in debt for the next 30 years ya know!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTFIRE80 View Post
    That's the Chief Engineer's job, hence the reason the Ch. Eng has to have Instructor I. I thought your dad taught you better than that!!

On a side note, I'm making settlement tommorrow on house in L-Boro. Give me call and stop by and drink a few. I figure I might as well get drunk if I'm gonna be in debt for the next 30 years ya know!!!!
    Did Jay give you permission to move into his Borough?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Did Jay give you permission to move into his Borough?
    LOL, it may be his...but not for long!!!

Thread Information