Thread: Diamond "T"

Forum Member

Default Diamond "T" Fire Truck from the Town of Olean NY.

I'm looking for pic's from the Town of Olean NY. Volunteer Co. #1 of the old Diamond T pumper that they had in the 60's and early 70's. My grandfarther used to be chief years ago and would like to put some pic's up in the station I run out of. Any one from Knapps Creek, Portville, and Westons Mills area. Any and all help would be great.
    Last edited by GFD748; 08-01-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: More info...
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

Default another option is.....

YOU may want to spend some time Goggling, seewhat you might find for local historical society s , the orleans library/ historical media give a call if youfind a number explain your situation, and offer to cover any costs , I'm sure you will get results..

I was looking for pics from the horse and steamer days for my house which was built in 1983 (hardly historical feeling) asking around , talking it up with the brothers was step 1 to a Department historical society which has a HUGE archive of photos , 2 late 50's mack pumps a 70 ALF rearmount that was a workhorse and my first assignment on the job, and we are currently trying to work out taking a 1913 house as the start to a museum..... The pics I was seeking include the horsedrawn steamer and truck from one house and the steamer companies that ended up being consolidated into the new house a hundred years later... strangley enough Both of the old houses are still occupied 1 by the city and one privately owned... research to find the library and ask them if a historical society might be better ... youwill get them I am sure .. Good luck in any case !!

Thread Information