Forum Member

Default Pelican Little Ed 4 Steal

I have been looking into right angle lights and am settled on buying a Rechargable Pelican Little Ed because of the good reviews and the replacement for life but anyways I found this site for super cheap and am wondering if anyone has used it before and if it seems to good to be true! Thanks
    http://www.cases4less.com/detail_pelican_pel-3660.html

Forum Member

I have a little ed and its an OK light...Its kinda small to hang on a coat and sometimes when i take my coat off and put it on the rack the light turns itself on due to the big on/off switch. On the other side its extremely bright for its size. I would recommend something a little bigger but thats personal preference.

Good Luck

Forum Member

Snipz- I have used cases4less before and they are very trustworthy, i wouldn't think twice about using them. But i would agree with YBloc, the little ed just isn't big/bright enough (IMHO). If you can afford the Big Ed buy it, you'll never regret having too much light.

Forum Member

Agreed, I have a little Ed on my coat and the small handle lets it swing around, whereas a Big Ed has a bigger surface on the back so it wont swing around against your body.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ditto x4.

We have Little Ed Recoil LED's (Alkaline), for Tech Rescue-GSAR work, and they are nice and small and light with great battery life, but not in the same class as the Big Ed for structural work. We have Big Ed's clipped on every SCBA, and the guys love them. I would also be leery buying a rechargeable light that didn't have swappable batteries. When your light is dead, it is out of service for hours. With a second battery, you can rotate it on the charger in the truck for 3-4 times the operational period of the single battery charge.

And I second the on-off switch comment for the little ed too. I have flipped mine on accidentaly and found it on two days later. It was still working though, however dimly. Gotta love LED for that.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Ditto x4.

We have Little Ed Recoil LED's (Alkaline), for Tech Rescue-GSAR work, and they are nice and small and light with great battery life, but not in the same class as the Big Ed for structural work. We have Big Ed's clipped on every SCBA, and the guys love them. I would also be leery buying a rechargeable light that didn't have swappable batteries. When your light is dead, it is out of service for hours. With a second battery, you can rotate it on the charger in the truck for 3-4 times the operational period of the single battery charge.

And I second the on-off switch comment for the little ed too. I have flipped mine on accidentaly and found it on two days later. It was still working though, however dimly. Gotta love LED for that.
    I don't really have to worry about being out of service for hours because we only average a couple jobs a year at my one house and the other one has survivors on the trucks. But I hate getting off the truck and using a lite box with no strap so you have to carry with one hand and tools in the other. not the best situation for a engine company. But I will look into the big ed thanks.

Thread Information