Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default CPAT Search Maze

Can anyone break down the maze and the obsticals you will encounter and where you will encounter them in the maze?

Thanks
    Jason

Forum Member

I have a friend that's a CPAT proctor and have watched numerous people take this test. I've seen alot of people get worked up and panick over the Maze. The Maze used for CPAT is a Small U shaped maze. Here, you go in the left side, follow the right wall with your right hand. You will feel the turns come up, and it is the quickest way of doing it. There are obstacles within, some will force you to move left or right, some will force you to go over them, and some you will go under. It is a very short maze, probably 15' to 20' long, turn then 20' to 25', then turn and another 15' or 20'. Just Keep your hand on the wall and haul ***. It is an extremely basic maze that guides you which direction to go, every obstacle is angled to guide you which way to go, you have a helmet on, so just fly through it.

Thanks.....I have done a variation of this test before and have passed, I just am worried about that maze. My test is Saturday and unfortunelty I had to miss the practice session because of another agility test for another department. I just want to get in and out.....would like to have a road map in my head so I know where I am....oh well

Thanks again
    Jason

MembersZone Subscriber RoughRider's Avatar

I passed the CT CPAT last summer and there is nothing to freak out about. There are no entanglement concerns. The last 5 feet the ceiling slopes down so you have to crawl (on stomach). The only advice I can offer is stay on the right side.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

You'll be fine. Like mentioned above, follow the right wall with your hand. You will have gloves and a helmet on, so just crawl as fast as you can, and don't worry about getting caught up or banging into anything. Every obstacle is set at an angle or sloped to guide you along. I believe the first section has an obstruction on the right, then on the left near the end. The middle section has one on the side and I believe one on the bottom, and the last section has the one on top which makes you slide on your stomach on the way out. Believe me, it's very easy. Don't just crawl along slowly, haul *** as fast as you can. I've seen alot of people take way too long in there feeling around for every little thing. Remember, you're on the clock. Good Luck!!

Thanks again, it puts my mind at ease a little more.

Thread Information