Thread: CPAT Question's

Forum Member

Default CPAT Question's

Since last August it seems a few things have changed for the CPAT test. Now they have practice tests that I heard can count as your CPAT if you pass them. Has anyone done this yet (Pass on a practice test)? Also i heard that there is a weather or heat index for taking the test. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. I'm suppose to go on Monday the 6th and it looks to be very hot and humid. Thanks in advance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes it is all true. You get 2 opportunities to go to orientations were they will answer all these questions and you'll get to try out some of the equipment. I can't tell you the max heat because I took mine when it was still cold out but I know the ground can't be wet. What I can tell you from personal experience is you can pass on a practice test if the weather conditions are within the states parameters. I passed on the first practice day and the temp was only 42 and it needed to be 45 so it didnt count. Then I passed on the second practice as well and that one counted. The only difference in passing on a practice day or the actual test day is that on a practice day they end up mailing you your certificate and on test day you get it before you leave. Like I said they will answer all these questions at the orientation. Be sure to prepare yourself and good luck.

Forum Member

jason, ill be there on the 6th, my buddies took it a few weeks ago when it was almost 90 degrees out, he passed and they are mailing him his card. So it looks as though we will be running our test session on monday. good luck!

Forum Member

Thanks for the info guys. Good luck to you also. I have to make a mad dash from my oral board in Hamden to the CPAT that day. I'm alittle stressed out right now, but everything should work out.

Forum Member

Do they still allow you to take the cpat before they 8 weeks if you have taken it already in the last year?

Thread Information