MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just what we need...

This is just what we need-another great military tactician as President.

From Drudge, quoting Barack Obama:

Obama said Thursday he would not use nuclear weapons 'in any circumstance'... 'I think it would be a profound mistake for us to use nuclear weapons in any circumstance,' Obama said, with a pause, 'involving civilians' Then he quickly added, 'Let me scratch that'...
    Great.

MembersZone Subscriber

So much for a strong national defense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quint1officer View Post
    So much for a strong national defense.

Maybe they will wanna poll the public first LOL
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

So is he saying he won't use any nukes, or just no nukes against civilians? Did he vote for this before he voted against it? Thats a terrible quote for a presidential candidate.

MembersZone Subscriber

Obama's killing himself with his recent foreign policy statements.

The one about Pakistan is my absolute favorite. They're a member of the nuke club that's always staggeringly close to militant islamic rule.

Conducting a military operation inside their borders without their consent would create a nuclear Bin Laden overnight.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Ya well, no one ever said you had to be S-M-R-T to be a politician. In fact I think that would be considered a deficit if a politician did have S-M-R-Ts.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by EFD840 View Post
    Obama's killing himself with his recent foreign policy statements.

The one about Pakistan is my absolute favorite. They're a member of the nuke club that's always staggeringly close to militant islamic rule.

Conducting a military operation inside their borders without their consent would create a nuclear Bin Laden overnight.
    I think that what he is showing is how woefully ill-equipped he is right now to be Pres. He may be a viable candidate with about 8 more years of congressional experience. But right now, he is making an idiot out of himself.

This comment will be taken out of context, but I don't care. If he was white, he wouldn't even be considered a marginal candidate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I think that what he is showing is how woefully ill-equipped he is right now to be Pres. He may be a viable candidate with about 8 more years of congressional experience. But right now, he is making an idiot out of himself.
    As opposed to Bush whose proved he's an idiot while President making a disaster of just about everything he's touched. One of the many campaign promises made was that his administration wouldn't be involved in nation building. I doubt anyone (except Norm) seriously expects a president to remain absolutely unwilling to change their positions once they are in office. Heck Bush promised to have an administration that was open and honest. Now they claim "executive privilege" at the drop of a hat. The VP has stated that he is not part of the Executive Branch of govt.

Give it a rest Norm. You're trying to create an issue that isn't there.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-02-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Dang................

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    As opposed to Bush whose proved he's an idiot while President making a disaster of just about everything he's touched. One of the many campaign promises made was that his administration wouldn't be involved in nation building. I doubt anyone (except Norm) seriously expects a president to remain absolutely unwilling to change their positions once they are in office. Heck Bush promised to have an administration that was open and honest. Now they claim "executive privilege" at the drop of a hat. The VP has stated that he is not part of the Executive Branch of govt.

It took you 39 minutes to come up with that response??.......... wow.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    It took you 39 minutes to come up with that response??.......... wow.
    My first response was different. I changed it after getting back from the beach half hour later. I hope I didn't alter your perception of a proper timeline for a response.

Banned

Can't say that about the previous President can we, the only thing he touched was young interns.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Can't say that about the previous President can we, the only thing he touched was young interns.

Being the president you would of thought he would have slept with a good looking one !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

MembersZone Subscriber

This is not about Bush and it is not about Clinton. If any of you had bothered to read my first post...

This is just what we need-another great military tactician as President.
    Note the word "another". Clinton was an idiot. Bush is proving that he is incapable of running a war we would win. My point is that another bungling fool in the White House is the last thing we need.

Forum Member

So sad. All you have is anecdote that has nothing to do with one's ability to govern. Clinton accomplished more in his sleep or chasing interns (even though Monica made it clear she pursued him) than Bush could do with great effort.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Lets see...

Sleeping with an intern, nukeing civilians. Hmmm, must be me, but Im just not seeing the connection.

But then thats the prototypical right wing response to all of "Ws" issues, bring up Slick Willy.

Comical really. No wonder I dont support either party..
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Even Monica wouldn't have Bush.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983 View Post
    Sleeping with an intern, nukeing civilians. Hmmm, must be me, but Im just not seeing the connection.

But then thats the prototypical right wing response to all of "Ws" issues, bring up Slick Willy.

Comical really. No wonder I dont support either party..
    LMAO!! Clinton slept with interns and bombed Yugoslavia. I'm not sure I see the connection either.

Banned

So sad. All you have is anecdote that has nothing to do with one's ability to govern. Clinton accomplished more in his sleep or chasing interns (even though Monica made it clear she pursued him) than Bush could do with great effort.
    Clinton did nothing, he rode the wave (and the interns)

Banned

This is not about Bush and it is not about Clinton. If any of you had bothered to read my first post...

Note the word "another". Clinton was an idiot. Bush is proving that he is incapable of running a war we would win. My point is that another bungling fool in the White House is the last thing we need.
    The better question, is he for nukes or against nukes. Looks like another John Kerry in the making

Forum Member

Clinton did nothing, he rode the wave (and the interns)
    What wave? Your inability to make a point has become legendary.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Huh?.........

The better question, is he for nukes or against nukes.
    I dunno, what day is it?....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I dunno, what day is it?....
    A valid question. If it were me I would be against nukes unless someone sent a nuke our way. Then I would be for them.

Just a disclaimer. I also think Obama isn't ready for prime time.

Forum Member

A valid question. If it were me I would be against nukes unless someone sent a nuke our way. Then I would be for them.

Just a disclaimer. I also think Obama isn't ready for prime time.

He may be in a few years. I just think the big dogs would eat him up unless he had more experience.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

MembersZone Subscriber

This is one of the major mistakes that Republicans and conservatives continue to make. I hate Bill and Hillary. But that was damn near sever years ago. What is going on now is owned by the Republicans and the President. Why? Because they had their opportunity to entrench themselves for the long term and they squandered it. In the Gingrich mid-term victories, they laid the foundation for decades of Republican majority by promising simple conservative values. Then, they came out of the box and kept their promises. Fast forward to 2000. They had control of the whole magilla. What did they do? They abandoned every single value that got them there in the first place. They constantly compromise their core values. They did zero to reduce the size of government and cut spending. Zero. They did zero to increase the confidence that voters had in them.

This had nothing to do with 9/11. It had nothing to do with Iraq. It had nothing to do with Katrina. It had everything to do with being power hungry and doing things to keep themselves in power and abandoning their core values. The very core values that got them in their positions to begin with.

If you are a conservative and you are still harping on "Well. Clinton did the same thing" you are an idiot. Educate yourself. Find out what your own party has done to abandon you and then start talking about how to revive the Republican party. Conservatism worked before and it can work again. However, it will take conviciton and guts. Something that is lacking in virtually every Republican national office holder.

I will not vote again for an incumbent, I don't care who it is.

Stop with the Clinton BS, you all sound like fools.

Forum Member

Stop with the Clinton BS, you all sound like fools.
    Wow. In a rare moment of truthfulness, Norm hits the nail on the proverbial head.

Thread Information