Forum Member

Default Tangle Box Plans

Anyone got plans for a tangle box? Something like a basic entrapment box that you have to wiggle your way through designed to boost the confidence of firefighters during such scenarios as wall breaches and entrapments.I know some of you guys have been through them. I can't find pictures, but I know someone knows the dimensions and what to place inside.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Forum Member

Yes, thanks. I searched Google and nothing came up. Then again I didn't think to use the word "prop". Thanks, bro. I would still like more ideas for this though.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Also don't know if it would help or not but I just found a video that our chief got about calling the mayday course that the NFA teaches and they had some neat looking entrapment props ("ceilings" falling and one way doors that closed in something like the search prop used in the CPAT without a top as well as boards that gave way to foam pits while someone was "searching").

Proud Dad.

Thumbs up good class

About 2 years ago member from my dept went the Pa State Fire Academy for a MayDay Class taught by BC Matt Tobia from AACo, Md. I remember the search part of the class that we went through and I must say it was a great experience. Just some the simplest things that they had @ the academy that were used as props were ingenious. For instance 2 old mattress springs and the instructors body weight simulated a ceiling collapse and a piece of telephone wire tied into a loop, placed over the SCBA cylinder,to simulate getting caught by a low hanging wire. It was a real eye opener however doing the inclined search and then falling down into the foam pit.

The main thing that they drilled into us was that if anything happens call that mayday fast and loud. Make sure command acknowledges you when the mayday is called. What I can remember was don't attempt self rescue til after that mayday has been called. Time and time again through that class they said that fire fighters who get stuck like that attempt self rescue before calling for help and then when its to late the mayday is called for, but by then you've already used a good deal of your air in the cylinder. So i'd say if you have the chance @ taking the class get into and learn all that you can from it.

Thanks
    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/co50ffyetter/New%20Rescue5-1/th_Rescue51.jpg
    Yes the rigs are green. Can't lose a green fire engine in a parade, right?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

two thumbs up on those drills 2230! very impressed I am going to talk to the training director about these things today. (up until now the only thing we have taught the guys in basic training is the backswim method.... but we have to tangle them up using wire that we basically just drape over them... once again... GREAT PROPS!

thats why i love this site

MembersZone Subscriber

Try the following website: www.tes2training.com

Once there, select the "Hand-Outs" icon on the left side. This page will have a list of various drill evolutions and should also have prop layouts and dimensions.

If you ever have an opportunity to attend any of the courses taught by Chief Sendelbach and his associates, I highly recommend going! Their evolutions were very realistic and intense.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Talking

thanks that was another great website... we are in the process of getting the materials donated to build the entanglement prop and the scba box with the bars in it

Thread Information