MembersZone Subscriber

Default What's Up Firehouse.com?!?!

Now don't get me wrong...the Bridge disaster in Minneapolis is a horrible tragedy, but for it to bump the LODDs of 2 firefighters in Texas to second headline...come on. This is a fire service magazine and the biggest story in the fire service should be the death of two firefighters. It is really frustrating for the sacrifices firefighters make to not be the top story in the regular media, and now these sacrifices are not even the top story in our own outlets. Please Firehouse, keep our LODDs as the headline. Thanks and

REMEMBER EVERY1....

T. Carroll
    DCFD/OWLVFD

Forum Member

Before the sharks get here. Firehouse has a special place for all LODD's and has made it policy to not post them in the main new area for respect to the families. They also like to treat ALL LODD's the same (except in some cases ie. 9/11 and the Charleston 9). May they, and every fallen firefighter, rest in peace. Now I don't remember where they keep the special section but it is not hard to find. Now this is what I recall that the Webteam (or person ) has said.

Nice first post.

EDIT: here it is... http://cms.firehouse.com/content/sec...p?sectionId=39

...Right under the news tab.
    Last edited by t0asty; 08-04-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Permanently Removed

Tony- Excuse me sir, we are all over here....http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=92616
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-04-2007 at 01:27 AM.

Forum Member

This specific case or LODD's in general?

I tend to notice one of these types of threads popping up whenever there's a LODD in the headlines.
    Last edited by st42stephenAFT; 08-04-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Punctuation booboo

Forum Member

where is the pic ? where ? ..................JFC ~!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Banned

CALFFBOU - That thread has been closed.

However, in defense of the WEBteam, the Minneapolis bridge collapse is an MCI with multiple deaths. It is also an interagency response and points out how things are supposed to work. From what I have been hearing and seeing the response was very good and well coordinated. The ICS worked to perfection (I think). Both stories are highly important and relevant.

I mean no disrespect to any of those LODDs, however, I for one am getting tired of seeing them, could someone please stop the maddness.

Permanently Removed

Yes, I know the thread has been closed. But the answers are there for this OP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Yes, I know the thread has been closed. But the answers are there for this OP.
    OK Gotcha.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    OK Gotcha.
    Roger....out.

Administrator

Default Once Again

Below if the same response we gave on the other thread about the LODD. We have this policy to ensure that we are fair and respectful to every LODD.

As for the LODD issue, we have made it policy to not post a LODD as a top story. We have several good reasons why we do this. We attempt to treat every LODD equally. We also report every LODD on the homepage. We always post the LODD in the number 2 or 3 spot on the site. We do our best to show every Fallen Firefighter the respect they deserve. We feel by placing them in the same spot is the best way to be fair about it. We also keep the story up on the homepage until the funeral. If we report each LODD the same way every time, we hope to prevent ever showing any disrespect. Now we have reported the LODD as a top story in the case of the Charleston Tragedy because we felt that that required more reporting and follow up. This has been a policy for years and we will continue to follow the same guidelines. Someone said that we should have a special LODD sections and we do. We have always had a LODD section. So not only do we post them on the homepage they are posted in their own section that you can get to from the homepage under the news tab. You can also view the page here:
    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/sec...p?sectionId=39

Please understand that we will never please everyone. No matter how we posted it someone would not agree with us. Letís please focus on the good that we all try to do on this site.

Thank you, Webteam

Thread Information