Permanently Removed

Default Total Loser- Making money off of dead Firefighters...

Hello- I guess this guy is in California now showing up to funerals and passing around his website- "Fallen Heros Foundation".

Wow- Selling memberships, giving away prizes and having a gift shop? Oh no- it all goes to the families...BS!

Sorry, from 9/11 to this crap, I cant stand these self labled "Business Men/Women" who are out to suck up a dollar regardless of who they step on, alive or dead.

AND- The website locks you on so you cant click off of it. (Atleast my computer did)

Check it out yourself- www.fallenheroesfoundation.com

Lastly- Thanks for posting the pictuce of the burnt child on the website. Way to really make people dip into their wallets.

SCAM!
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-04-2007 at 07:31 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Hmmmm..............

Brett, I looked at it, then clicked off OK. I agree with your sentiments though, what a ......... Never Mind.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

This guy is on my myspace. He sent me a friends request and I added him but never once looked at what he did. He is constantly soliciting for donations/membership. Is this really a scam you think?
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07
    My new twin boys that I love even more than being on the job!

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by McKeesportJeff View Post
    This guy is on my myspace. He sent me a friends request and I added him but never once looked at what he did. He is constantly soliciting for donations/membership. Is this really a scam you think?
    To me- Anyone who is a "dot com" and not a "dot org" is in it for the commericalizm.

There is NO contact number, he/she is running banners, sets up a PayPal account, accepts credit cards, sets up a gift shop, gives away prizes, has a copyright and selling products...Hello McFly- Someone doesnt go to all that work for free.

Is there a list of where the money is actually going? Where is your "non profit name, tax #"? I dont see it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    To me- Anyone who is a "dot com" and not a "dot org" is in it for the commericalizm.

There is NO contact number, he/she is running banners, sets up a PayPal account, accepts credit cards, sets up a gift shop, gives away prizes, has a copyright and selling products...Hello McFly- Someone doesnt go to all that work for free.

Is there a list of where the money is actually going? Where is your "non profit name, tax #"? I dont see it.
    Just asking. I mean perhaps he has good intentions. Just wondering if you had any proof, that was all. Not completely disagreeing with you though. I would never donate to him.
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07

Forum Member

Hmmm I just googled fallen heroes foundation and there seem's to be a couple of them. One for the ems/fire/LEO and one for injured or KIA soldiers. Interesting
    Local #10

Charles Stephen
    Eric Jeffrey
    Born 7/24/07

Permanently Removed

Go back and look at what I listed- a dot com, no contact information, no accountability, no "non profit tax ID #" listed.

And no infomration listed where the money is going, who is running it.

Its pretty clear to me. A contact told me "he was at the Contra Costa funeral and was a very nice guy!" Ofcourse he was, who isnt when they are asking for YOUR money?

Moreover- I am going to see if I can report this website to the Federal authorities for investigation.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-04-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Forum Member

That's upsetting. People just don't give a **** anymore. Where ever they can make the almighty dollar, they'll damn well try to. Don't matter who they're offending or abusing, if it gets them some green, why not do it?

Sigh...what's wrong with the world...?

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Permanently Removed

Chef- I dont see him making any claims in regards to a non profit tax ID #.

One last thing to consider- Usually when I make a donation to a cause, youre told upfront that you'll receive a receipt for your taxes. I do NOT see it here.

Anyone else?

PS- Anyone who wants to get information on the non-profit tax status form the IRS, here is your link- www.irs.gov/charities/index.html A little cross reference check and I dont see where is this charity meets the mark.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-04-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Banned

380 members, seems small. Gift shop, contest, looks fishy.

However, to comment on the .com vs .org vs .gov. If everyone followed the rules asociated with these domains it would be a valid argument. True anyone in the .com domain is suppsed to be commercial in nature.

The LAFD, Chicago is .org
    FDNY, Houston is .gov
    DC is .com
    Minneapolis .US
    Fort Worth .net

So I would caution about using the domain name as the reason to discount it. Perhaps if someone knew of anyone in one of the departments where there was an LODD and find out if this "organization has contacted the department or agency". Be interesting to see how much money has gone t othe fallen heroes. Of note there is a very good comprehensive list of the LODDs. What make me suspect is that there is no page "about us" or a contact page. They do give an email address, but.......

1.) When a hero falls the, "Fallen Heroes Foundation" contacts the Agency, or Department involved. We find out where we can send a donation to the family, along with a floral arrangement and card of condolence. This is sent on behalf of the entire "Fallen Heroes Foundation" membership.

Forum Member

I would go to the IAFF site to donate any monies.
    www.iaff.org

AZFF

Permanently Removed

There you go. My partner in the AZ is always on it.

Banned

Just curious, how does the IAFF deal with non-members? Do they also support non-members as well as vollies?

Permanently Removed

I am sure the IAFF will take anyone's donation. The point is you know who they are, where they stand and where the money is going. No smoke and mirrors there.

Banned

I am sure the IAFF will take anyone's donation. The point is you know who they are, where they stand and where the money is going. No smoke and mirrors there.
    Yes I'm sure they will take the donation. But will they support even non-members of the Union?

Forum Member

The point is you know who they are, where they stand and where the money is going. No smoke and mirrors there.

Brett, exactly my point. How is it up in Nor Cal? Been getting much needed rain here in The Land of AZ.

AZFF

Banned

Perhaps the NVFC is another good choice. There might even be some other good choices for those who aren't in the IAFF.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was able to go to another website after I opened the one Bou posted, but I can't get my window that opened to close.

I'm not sure about this one myself. We've got the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, IAFF, NVFC, then the various places where the family wants contributions sent, why do we need another one (if it's even legit)?

Thread Information