Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds

Forum Member

Default Barry Bonds

I really don't follow baseball much(takes too long for any action) but I've been wondering:Will Barry Bonds' breaking Hank Aaron's home run record be looked at like gay marriage and only legal in certain areas?
    After all,Aaron had to overcome racism to earn his record.Bonds just has to overcome himself.

Bonds does not deserve his record !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

F Barry Bonds
    Robert Kramer
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

As much as I hate to admit (being he plays for the Yank-Mee's) A-Rod has a good chance of beating Hammerin' Hank's record.

Notice how I didn't mention Barry. He does not deserve it..

Agreed, Hank did it with a ton of class facing death threats and much more criticism than Barry did. I'm not saying Barry deserves death threats, but he does deserve every ounce of criticism and scorn and definitly doesn't deserve the record.

Hank did it fair and square and in my mind, until someone breaks the record clean, its still Hammerin' Hank's record.

Bonds has done nothing to make himself likable to the fans, and it shouldn't surprise anyone the fans have come to carry a similar disdain about Bonds.

Aaron was a player who respected his fans. Bonds, with his special treatment, isn't even crazy about being with his own teammates.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

I'm surprised pitchers haven't started getting close with their pitches yet. ;D

What happened to the innocent till proven guilty thing???? Bonds has been around since I was a little kid and has been one hell of a baseball player for several years. Thats something you cant take away from him. What gets me is the double standard world we live in. People complain about Barry Bonds owning the home run record yet applaud people like Michael Ervin for being inducted into the football HOF. Bonds has earned the record and untill he is proven guilty of steroids....You cant take it away from him

Does he deserve the record or not-hmm, tough to say with the steroid/performance enhancing drug scandal and the bionic arm brace. But you do have to give him credit, he is one hell of and athlete and does have 21 years in the majors.
    Honestly, if this record stands clean, Pete Rose definitely deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

I couldnt agree more Rum

MembersZone Subscriber

I am by no means a Barry Bonds Fan I think hes an arrogant A-Hole! And I for one think he had more than his share of The Juice. And for those he think he did'nt just take a look at his earlier years. Once a Tall Slender (190lbs) Outfielder known for his SPEED Power and Consistancy with the Glove, winning 8 gold glove awards. Now 50lbs heavier still a powerhouse but can't steal a base to save his life and forget about sitting on first and stretching a single into an extra base (3rd). But the Question I ask is Among all the Roid contrevorsy the first person to get caught was a pitcher. So that begs the question how many Pitchers did he face that were also on the Juice. I say let the Man have his record and maybe he'll go away like he said he would when he hit 500. If Baseball would only take note from the Tour De France People maybe Baseball can get back to its glory days. Drug Free!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    What happened to the innocent till proven guilty thing???? Bonds has been around since I was a little kid and has been one hell of a baseball player for several years. Thats something you cant take away from him. What gets me is the double standard world we live in. People complain about Barry Bonds owning the home run record yet applaud people like Michael Ervin for being inducted into the football HOF. Bonds has earned the record and untill he is proven guilty of steroids....You cant take it away from him

Yea, thats my thoughts on the issue.

Being tried and found guilty in the court of public opinion should mean absolutely nothing.

Innocent until proven guilty...and one thing is FACT...that Barry Bonds has the home run record.

Dont like if you dont want to, but that does not change the record books.

MembersZone Subscriber

Couple of thoughts...

1. Has Barry peed in a cup this season?

2. If Barry was not on "supplements" his career would have been over 5 years ago.

3. Fox Sports had an interesting graphic showing how Bonds' HR production skyrocketed after he turned 40. Coincidence? I think not.

4. Selig is being criticized for not being all over this record. He seems to me to be a guy who knows a lot more than we do. He probably does not like being in a position to celebrate something he knows he is going to take away from the guy later anyway.

94 and now. Nope he never used steroids
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

You honestly think, amid everything that is going on around him now, that he is currently taking steroids or has in the last couple years? Take the blinders off man.....He isnt stupid or his career would have been over long ago

You honestly think, amid everything that is going on around him now, that he is currently taking steroids or has in the last couple years? Take the blinders off man.....He isnt stupid or his career would have been over long ago
    Do you honestly think he never has? Either way he is tainted ! So take your blinders off man !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

MembersZone Subscriber

Look what happened to Sosa. He stopped (obvious body mass loss and strength loss) and was not even close to being the player he was. Do I honestly think Bonds is still using steroids. Let's see. How can I put this?

YES!

I didnt say he never has....What im saying he is innocent till proven guilty. Supposedly Conseco has some dirt on A-rod in his next book.....Maybe he will be the next victim of the juice. Ill say it again, Bonds isnt stupid or he would have been caught by now and his career would have ended long ago.

Dude, athletes do it all the time. Half the guys in the Tour de France have tested positive for stuff in the recent few years. Olympic athletes test positive all the time. All you have to do is take the right drugs that are not able to be tested for in the barrage of blood tests that the MLB or any other organization uses. You get away with it a few times you become more brazen and less caring.

You think Bonds or any athlete that has bulked up over 50 pounds of muscle while in their late 20s - 40s and has not had assistance you are nuts. It is damned near physiologically impossible to do.

I am not talking GNC supplements, vitamins, and weight training. The human body can only get so big through natural means due to limitations of the body frame, endogenous human steroids, and other hormones.

All for money. When I see, hear, or suspect some professional, college, or high school athlete doing steroids (and there is an explosion of HS athletes using them) I just cannot help but think back to Lyle Alzado's dealings with the roids that cost him his life. All so you can make a few bucks.

So much for doing it on your merits. Getting, setting, or breaking a record means nothing to me or most people if you are pathetic enough to not do it on your own without cheating. Steroid use is just that...Cheating in the game, and cheating in your life.

No amount of money is worth the loss of everything that anabolic steroid abuse does physically to your body. Apparently, I am off my rocker for thinking this.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Dude, athletes do it all the time. Half the guys in the Tour de France have tested positive for stuff in the recent few years.
    Gross exaggeration.

Olympic athletes test positive all the time. All you have to do is take the right drugs that are not able to be tested for in the barrage of blood tests that the MLB or any other organization uses. You get away with it a few times you become more brazen and less caring.
    Theoretical hypothetical suppositionÖ. Projecting your inadequacies on others? They are doing something you canít do, so they must be cheating? Weak man...

You think Bonds or any athlete that has bulked up over 50 pounds of muscle while in their late 20s - 40s and has not had assistance you are nuts. It is damned near physiologically impossible to do.
    Even more horse do-hockey! LOL, 2002 I weighed 174 pounds, in 2005 I weighed in a 222 pounds and benched 365 for 8 reps and could bench 425 twice. Steroids? LOL, no, though other pencil neck wannabes would like to believe that. Simply because someone else did it, and they cant do it, the other guy must be "cheating". I figured out nutrition, I figured out how to work out for mass and what and how much to eat for mass, I figured out how much rest and recuperation I needed and I responded very well to the work out plan I was following. Yea... this was when I was 37 up to 39 years old.
    Your accusatory statements are just all wet as well as being all wrong.
    Stick to fighting fires because you know next to nothing about modern day nutrition and physiology.

I am not talking GNC supplements, vitamins, and weight training. The human body can only get so big through natural means due to limitations of the body frame, endogenous human steroids, and other hormones.
    Well you should be talking about supplements, vitamins and weight training; the right mix can really help your body to respond. Before 2005 pro hormones like andro and nor-19 were legal over the counter supplements available at GNC and yes, I used them. (Though the eating and rest were more important than all of the supplements combined). Yes the body can "only get so big" in normal circumstances, but "how big" is different for everyone. Your hypothetical statements ring hollow, empty and just wrong to someone who has been there done that. Basically your denying his accomplishments with your opinions based upon limited information and limited experiences is just worthless ponderings by someone who does not have a clue of what he is talking about.

All for money.
    So says you... someone who does not know a dang thing about the mans personal motivations or how his body responds to: modern day nutrition, a professional trainer and nutritionist, to modern day methods of body building strength training. You, someone on the outside looking in, speaks of someone you really know almost nothing about. You base your perceptions on shallow judgmental calls built upon ignorance and ignorant opinion.
    Weak...man, weak.

When I see, hear, or suspect some professional, college, or high school athlete doing steroids (and there is an explosion of HS athletes using them) I just cannot help but think back to Lyle Alzado's dealings with the roids that cost him his life. All so you can make a few bucks.
    At least the blind squirrel got something right in all this rambling, he (you) admitted you judge even when you suspect, like in the Barry bonds case. He is innocent until proven guilty. The record is his and no amount of pontificating by an internet blow hard can take that away from him.

So much for doing it on your merits. Getting, setting, or breaking a record means nothing to me or most people if you are pathetic enough to not do it on your own without cheating. Steroid use is just that...Cheating in the game, and cheating in your life.
    LOL, "if" being the key word, you are jumping the gun and pronouncing guilt with no hard evidence other than circumstantial and hypothetical. Just a lot of he said-she said.
    Weak....

Apparently, I am off my rocker for thinking this.
    Yea...yea you are. You are when you judge with out having facts to back you up. Yea, you are when you make erroneous statements about things like strength training and body building that you obviously know next to nothing about.

Thread Information